NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Hmm so the PS3's Blu-Ray players isn't region free? Or perhaps not any more...

I have an original model NTSC PS3 and I have played Blu-Ray's on it that are Region A and Region B, however I only actually found out recently that it could play region B discs when I bought Skyfall.

Surely for the PS4 they could in theory just make the blu-ray region free? That would surely be a - minor - selling point if they could get around it.

It's hit and miss. The PS3 player is region free it's the discs that are the problems. Some discs are region free others aren't. Some are marked as one region meaning they are to be sold in that region are actually region free. I've had to always look up a disc before I buy it as there are plenty that don't work, I've even borrowed some in the past off girlfriend's brother and some don't run.

Don't know if it's been posted but I just randomly found this:

PS4.jpg

If this is real, it's awesome.

Hilarious nonetheless :laughing:

TV, TV, TV, TV

Just seen the PS4 Coming 2013 advertising boards during the Champions League game. Soooooo happy we are getting it this year.

Just seen the PS4 Coming 2013 advertising boards during the Champions League game. Soooooo happy we are getting it this year.

Yeah its a lock in for the whole of europe.

Someone at Amazon must have a sense of humor, this must be a throw back to the PS3 announcement?

Sony%20PlayStation%204%20%28PS4%29-%20Amazon.co.uk-%20PC%20%26%20Video%20Games.png

It'll be no more than £379.99...

If they want it to be competitively priced then it will be less than £324.99 possibly even reaching as 'low' as £299.99 with a game, if it's to be sold at a 'loss' I would guess.

I like this game. I'm placing my bets on £329.99.

I also believe that the Playstation 4 console will be priced £329.99 on launch.

£40 initial price with a mandatory online service sign up for a 2 year contract at £25 per month

oh wait this isn't the xbone thread.....

£369.99

Im thinking between £349.99 and £379.99, I'm just hoping for a lot cheaper. If it went higher then I think £399.99 might be the most I would pay for a launch console.

£318.47, just to really mess with everyone's heads.

Zavvi would probably do it.