NEurope
Beast

Have you ever got emotional over any books, shows, movies, games or music?

Ughh, yep Marley and Me got me big time.. similar sort of reason.

Oh no, oh nonononononono

That god damn film. Chain smoked like a mother fucker holding in the tears after wards.

Naruto is one show that makes me cry frequently. The flashbacks of him being alone with no friends just get me every time...

You must blubber every episode then! They love recycling that footage.

Oh man, that reminds me, how could I forget...

Aww you fucker! I had to fight back the tears for that. Same for the end of the first Pokémon movie, Pikachu crying seems to set me off :'(

The ending of Bicentennial Man wells me up.

Same with Miracle on 34th Street where he ends up in the mental institute. Watched it a few weeks ago. Still just as powerful.

I never thought a book would get me close to tears, but that part in The Hunger Games where...

Rue dies.

That got me really close, it was sad.

I never thought a book would get me close to tears, but that part in The Hunger Games where...

Rue dies.

I was pretty shocked at the ending. It was all following a formula very reminiscent to Battle Royale, but that finale was brilliant and incredibly sad.

I read that part and thought "Oh fuck, what the hell just happened? Then that reminder in the final chapter just before the execution, about the explosives Gale talked about in book 2 about how they blow off in two stages blew my fucking mind.

Edited by Debug Mode

You must blubber every episode then! They love recycling that footage.

Haha, well not really. Only when they go a bit deeper... (that's what she said)

Didn't cry but these episodes were VERY emotional.

One Piece Episode 36

One Piece Episode 86

One Piece Episode 236

One Piece Episode 278

One Piece Episode 312

One Piece Episode 380

One Piece Episode 405

One Piece Episode 483

There are some more that I have missed, but can't remember at the moment.

Edited by -Dem0-

The beginning of UP, the end of Toy Story Three, the end of Armageddon, i think i cried the first time i saw *obvious spoiler* Aerith died in Final Fantasy 7, The final scene of Stargate Universe - it was emotional but it was more the end of a franchise that hurt, probably far too many more, i can well up easy enough but those ones definitely had me shed a tear

Girl, Interrupted (the movie) made me cry.

The extended version of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children made me cry...Zack and Aerith ;_____;!!

The last Harry Potter book almost made me cry.

I don't usually cry at movies/books/etc...if I feel like I will, I fight it very hard :D

South Park made me cry, so I guess I'm not the hardest guy in the world as far as bringing me to tears is concerned.

I very rarely cry at all. To be honest I'd quite like a good cry.

The last time I cried was watching the video of Yue Yue get run over. Don't remember the last time I cried before that.

South Park made me cry, so I guess I'm not the hardest guy in the world as far as bringing me to tears is concerned.

"You're Getting Old" by any chance?

Ughh, yep Marley and Me got me big time.. similar sort of reason.

I refuse to watch Up. I know a few very small details of it, and I know for certain that I will bawl my eyes out like a girl scout.

It's a wonderful film however, so you should really give it a watch, just grab some tissues before hand.

Honestly, even the soundtrack to that part makes me teary, but its so pretty.

The beginning of UP, the end of Toy Story Three, the end of Armageddon, i think i cried the first time i saw *obvious spoiler* Aerith died in Final Fantasy 7, The final scene of Stargate Universe - it was emotional but it was more the end of a franchise that hurt, probably far too many more, i can well up easy enough but those ones definitely had me shed a tear

Oh yeah. That was extremely sad, especially with the music. When he's holding her over the water and sees her off.

"Because, you are...a puppet."

Oh yeah. That was extremely sad, especially with the music. When he's holding her over the water and sees her off.

"Because, you are...a puppet."

I've bolded that part because in my brief scan through this topic, I've yet to see someone make a clear distinction.

I'm not unfamiliar with welling up at certain moments during TV or film but I often find it's more to do with the music than perhaps the occasion itself. They get that violin on the go and you know they are doing everything they can to try and pluck your heart strings like a harp.

If you watch them with the sound off, the affect is no where near as pronounced. I find it's typically the sad nature of the music rather than the sad nature of the event I'm witnessing.

That said, I had to stop watching Africa the other day when the baby elephant died - just thinking about it for too long is enough to set me off.

It's a wonderful film however, so you should really give it a watch, just grab some tissues before hand.

Honestly, even the soundtrack to that part makes me teary, but its so pretty.

But... but... my manliness.. :( haha, I actually own the DVD and still haven't brought myself around to watching it.. One of these days..

I've bolded that part because in my brief scan through this topic, I've yet to see someone make a clear distinction.

I'm not unfamiliar with welling up at certain moments during TV or film but I often find it's more to do with the music than perhaps the occasion itself. They get that violin on the go and you know they are doing everything they can to try and pluck your heart strings like a harp.

If you watch them with the sound off, the affect is no where near as pronounced. I find it's typically the sad nature of the music rather than the sad nature of the event I'm witnessing.

That said, I had to stop watching Africa the other day when the baby elephant died - just thinking about it for too long is enough to set me off.

For me it's definitely a combination.

Rue dies.

Yes! That made me cry in both the book and the movie! The soundtrack to it as well!

I was pretty shocked at the ending. It was all following a formula very reminiscent to Battle Royale, but that finale was brilliant and incredibly sad.

I read that part and thought "Oh fuck, what the hell just happened? Then that reminder in the final chapter just before the execution, about the explosives Gale talked about in book 2 about how they blow off in two stages blew my fucking mind.

I must say, all three books really made me emotional. I did well up whilst reading all three books. Same goes for Harry Potter as well.

Weirdly enough, I got emotional whilst watching The Matrix Revolutions but when the credits came up, I felt disappointment straight after.

I'm surprised about the response for crying at video-games! I can not recall once where I've been close to crying for any video game... I was touched many times during Zelda:Majora's Mask but that's about the closest. I've always heard about how emotional Final Fantasy is though.

With other mediums, it's a different story though :p I remember breaking down during, as ReZ mentioned, Dancer In The Dark. I've also watched 'La Vie En Rose' quite a number of times and it gets worse with each viewing. I have this extreme affinity with Édith Piaf that I can't help but sob, rather than prettily have 1 tear slide down my face, during the moment she's looking for Marcell. Even many of her songs are ridiculously emotional. I've restrained from listening to 1 song in particular.

I cry a lot at music & film. I even just posted about one in the music thread. There's also a famous musician called 타불로 (Tablo) who makes me weep a lot. I couldn't even begin to retell his story now D:

Books , haven't read one yet where I've cried though.

I get 'choked up' more than crying. But things like the season 4 finale of Parks and Rec, or certain moments between Keith and Veronica on Veronica Mars...those kind of happy-sad moments tend to make me happy-sad.

Or any time Alyson Hannigan cries I get upset. I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT TO ME.

Games...can't think of any. And the only song I can really think of is this:

It doesn't make me cry, but it's damn near the closest song that does.

Rue dies.

Yes! That made me cry in both the book and the movie! The soundtrack to it as well!

I'm a big fan of her. Her work is amazing.

I've become more immune to film making me sad.

Cried at Beaches and Steel Magnolias first few times I saw them. hashtag gay child.

Cried to Eva Cassidy one when I was young. And a Tori Amos song like 3 years later when I was 16 or something.

I was on the verge the very first time I saw Mulholland Drive during the Club Silencio/Llorando scene. Ugh. CHALD. Never seen a film like it at the time and had surrendered completely to the emotional rollercoaster.

Got all shaky during I Dreamed A Dream in the new Les Mis film. But then the rest of the film dulled that feeling.