NEurope
Beast

Have you ever got emotional over any books, shows, movies, games or music?

The topic title is pretty much self-explanatory. Have you ever cried over a movie or a book or a show or a game or even a song?

I ask this because I cried over a game the other day...

THE WALKING DEAD

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS AMAZING GAME!

NO! SERIOUSLY, DON'T!

HONESTLY, DON'T RUIN IT!

ARE YOU EVEN READING THIS?!

OKAY, I GIVE UP! READ ON!

when Lee was dying and he had that final talk with Clementine. I started to cry. It really got to me. The fact that Lee was dying and she was going to be all by herself in such a scary world with zombies after her with nobody to help defend her. I got upset. I felt really involved into the game. Very epic!

...and that was the first time I ever cried to a game. I've cried/got emotional over a few movies too. I got emotional over Avatar, Titanic, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and, strangely enough, Scarface. I also admit that I did over Harry Potter too but partly because it was the end of an era for me and also because I just love the story too much.

So has anybody here been over-emotional over anything? Whether it be too excited or crying your eyes out?

Edited by Animal

Mass Effect 3, at the end of the Tuchanka level. Such an emotional and upsetting scene. Then when I did it again as my renegade Shepard...it was just so horrible what I did.

I also cried twice during Serenity. Especially the second time.

And The Walking Dead was a very emotional game all the way through it.

Recently i saw The Impossible at the pictures and that was an emotional rollercoaster. Normally not even onions make me cry.

I really want to see The Impossible. I've heard great things about it.

During Mass Effect 2, in the suicide mission, my heart was racing like crazy when the door was being closed and a sniper hit Garrus. Overjoyed when he just shook it off like a boss

Get sad towards the end of S6 of Doctor Who, when the Doctor actually believes he's going to die, one final mission and all that. Done much better than when David Tennant did it, though the "goodbye tour" still puts a lump in my throat

The Goodbye Tour got to me as well! I totally forgot about that! Oh and the end of Season 2 got to me. And Season 4. And Amy and Rory. Jesus, Doctor Who is emotional! :p

Naruto is one show that makes me cry frequently. The flashbacks of him being alone with no friends just get me every time...

Hmm, video games...one that comes to mind is Red Dead Redemption. *OBVIOUS SPOILER IS OBVIOUS* You spend the whole game identifying with the main character and trying to correct his wrongdoings. After all the struggles and wild adventures in the States and Mexico, you're finally let off the hook. You've got your farm back, you guide the cattle back there personally and reunite with your wife and kids. Finally, redemption...And then, when things start to go awry again...I was like "wtf, this is so damn unfair! >:o" Really got me riled up, what great story-telling...

Edited by Ville

The end of Toy Story 3 and the beginning of Up.

</thread>

----

I've shed tears a few times during films and shows, but not any games from memory. Got a feeling The Walking Dead has the potential to bring on the waterworks. Episode 3 was absolutely heart-wrenching and I'm pretty sure the stakes are only going to be raised in the next two.

Edited by Guy

Hmm, video games...one that comes to mind is Red Dead Redemption. You spend the whole game identifying with the main character and trying to correct his wrongdoings. After all the struggles and wild adventures in the States and Mexico, you're finally let off the hook. You've got your farm back, you guide the cattle back there personally and reunite with your wife and kids. Finally, redemption...And then, when things start to go awry again...I was like "wtf, this is so damn unfair! >:o" Really got me riled up, what great story-telling...

It was so upsetting

Remember that mission where you catch a horse for the very first time? I had that horse the entire game - it never got killed and I never used another.

Then, because of the end, it spawned a new horse when the game continued. I killed it, hoping it would spawn the previous horse but no, my horse was lost forever.

I can't remember crying at anything since the first time heard I Forger Her by Jeff Buckley (coincidentally after breaking up with my first girlfriend :heh:). I'm not a crier really but I often get emotional over scenes in films or occasionally in games. For example the same scene Cube mentions in Mass Effect 3 was pretty upsetting but I didn't tear up. I actually think it might be some sort of physiological illness, like my tear ducts don't work or something.

It was so upsetting

Remember that mission where you catch a horse for the very first time? I had that horse the entire game - it never got killed and I never used another.

Then, because of the end, it spawned a new horse when the game continued. I killed it, hoping it would spawn the previous horse but no, my horse was lost forever.

Haha, what cruel end indeed. Really shows the magnificence of the story-telling, building real attachment to the protagonist the whole game, and then swiping the carpet from under your feet at the last minute. Those bastards.

Clannad After Story and Angel Beats are so sad, if you watch anime.

As far as games go, the only 2 I can think of are Lost Odyssey and maybe 'that one scene' out of Valkyria Chronicles (never actually got to that point but ended up seeing it somewhere).

Flower and Journey could also be considered emotional experiences.

Haha, what cruel end indeed. Really shows the magnificence of the story-telling, building real attachment to the protagonist the whole game, and then swiping the carpet from under your feet at the last minute. Those bastards.

I actually was more upset about the horse.

Aw man, this thread already spoiled me on one of the games I'm currently playing.

I didn't know there were horses in Red Dead Redemption.

Edited by Guy

Oh, I get emotional over music, films, books etc. all the time. I'm quite a sensitive fellow. :heh:

When I was a kid I could for the life of me not watch "Bye Bye Butterfree" and "Pikachu's Goodbye". I was wailling like you wouldn't believe. "The Time Has Come" still makes me cry to this day, so I probably wouldn't be able to watch the episodes, either.

Music in particular has a powerful hold on me. It affects my mood tremendously, so if the melody/lyrics are sad, expect me to complain about ninjas cutting onions. :heh:

I actually was more upset about the horse.

Ha, well I didn't really care that much about the horses in the normal game, as they were shot here and killed by cougars / bears there. Did you play the Undead Nightmare DLC? Now that game had some cool horsies...

When I was a kid I could for the life of me not watch "Bye Bye Butterfree" and "Pikachu's Goodbye". I was wailling like you wouldn't believe. "The Time Has Come" still makes me cry to this day, so I probably wouldn't be able to watch the episodes, either.

Holy shit, I just found and watched the ending to "Pikachu's Goodbye" on YouTube. I literally broke down sobbing.

Oh, I get emotional over music, films, books etc. all the time. I'm quite a sensitive fellow. :heh:

Music in particular has a powerful hold on me. It affects my mood tremendously, so if the melody/lyrics are sad, expect me to complain about ninjas cutting onions. :heh:

I got emotional when Pikachu was getting bitchslapped by his clone in Pokemon: The First Movie. I got angry and upset.

I got emotional when Pikachu was getting bitchslapped by his clone in Pokemon: The First Movie. I got angry and upset.

Oh, god, yes, the first movie was incredibly emotional as well. When all the Pokémon cried ... Jesus, I was a wreck. :heh:

Ha, well I didn't really care that much about the horses in the normal game, as they were shot here and killed by cougars / bears there. Did you play the Undead Nightmare DLC? Now that game had some cool horsies...

I played it for a bit. Got a cool horse. It glitched and vanished so I was lumped with the zombie horse again, making the game unplayable. So I stopped.

I tend to get emotional with stuff, some films but more books/reading, some of the bits in Harry Potter get me. End of HDM too.

There was actually a point or two in Saints Row 2 that quite shocked me, rare for a game to get me like it did.

Edited by Rummy

I tend to get emotional with stuff, some films but more books/reading, some of the bits in Harry Potter get me. End of HDM too.

Ugh yes, all of the Harry Potters make me emotional! Especially the last three books!

I'm ashamed to admit it (but keep in mind I was about 7 or 8 at the time) I cried at the end of Mario 64 :p

It was the first game I played from start to finish and I loved every second, when this music came on and panned over all of the levels, holy shit, I couldn't believe it had ended. No game has matched it (in my mind) since.

That's the only game though. With films it's a whole different matter. Seven Pounds, Revolutionary Road and Rinne no Ame all had me in pieces.