NEurope
Captain Falcon

Killer is Dead

Announced by Famitsu, and picked up by a variety of online publications, Killer is Dead is the new action game from Suda 51 and Grasshopper Manufacture.

Following in the vein of Killer 7 and No More Heroes, you once again find yourself cast as an Assasin on mission to kill anything that moves.

The player character has a several cybernetic enhancements and a gun attached to his arm - I hope this will lead to a nice levelling up/augmentation system. Naturally, he's also packing a sword.

Whilst most sites just have the main news, a kind soul posted this link in the Eurogamer comments section that leads to an article detailing the game as well as providing scans from the magazine.

Like the previous "Assasin games", this features cel-shading graphics and whist the scans are a bit washed out from the flash of the camera, it certains looks stylish enough.

Should help tide us over until the release of NMH3. Also, whilst that site says it's for 360/PS3 (no Wii U), no where else seems to want to confirm platforms.

EDIT: The Famitsu site confirms 360/PS3 releases.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Can't he do anything else? There was Michigan, but I don't know if it counts...

He did Flower, Sun and Rain (PS2 and DS)... if that's your bag. He also had Liberation Maiden as part of Guild Wars 01 on the 3DS.

Given none of his games are commerical smashes, I'm at least happy when he sticks to the ideas that are critical successes than following up ones in genres he hasn't proven too competent at. It's easier to score big with a good game than a bad one after all.

And yes, there is merit in trying something new but being new is no excuse for being crap. It's either fun to play or it isn't and I'd bank on this being very fun indeed.

And whilst you may say a lot of his games have similar ideas/concepts, they are still unique enough from everybody elses efforts that he can get away with it.

Leaning heavily towards NMH... it looks nice though, I'll keep an eye on it. Killer 7 was one heck of an experience, it's nice to mix it up with something a bit crazy sometimes.

@Dante's back! Thanks for those screens!

This kind of looks like NMH3 has turned into this, both with the male and female lead being pretty damn similar (but not as cool), the sword, and riding a bike but neither as cool. Would have preferred NMH3, I loved the humour, style, characters and setting. This doesn't really appeal to me.

@Dante's back! Thanks for those screens!

This kind of looks like NMH3 has turned into this, both with the male and female lead being pretty damn similar (but not as cool), the sword, and riding a bike but neither as cool. Would have preferred NMH3, I loved the humour, style, characters and setting. This doesn't really appeal to me.

Appeals to me! You don't get enough snappy dressers/guys in suits who can kick ass in games these days (Agent 47 and James Bond SPECIFICALLY from goldeneye are the only ones that come to mind).

People were right when they stated the lead bares more than a passing resemblance to Mr Sir Henry Mother-Fu*ker himself from NMH...

Nmh-henry.jpg

And it's due out in the summer too so not even long to wait.

Do want. Hope it comes out on the WiiU at some point. Shouldn't really be wrote off.

After the sales (or should that be sale... all 1 of them) of No More Heroes on PS3, it does seem a bit strange for the game not to be on Wii U. Wonder how Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw sold?

After the sales (or should that be sale... all 1 of them) of No More Heroes on PS3, it does seem a bit strange for the game not to be on Wii U. Wonder how Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw sold?

Grasshopper best selling game is Lollipop Chainsaw with over the 700,000 mark (WW).

First Trailer is out! (and it looks like what would happen if NMH's gameplay and Killer 7 art style and darker toned story/atmosphere had a baby :D)

but...

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR!?

noooooooo.jpg

They lied to ussssssssss they didsssssiss!

It looks more straightforward than K7 and NMH did and without the uncomfortable uncertainty and mindfuckery that defined those two games. With that being said though, it does look more interesting than any of Suda's previous "executively directed/produced" games (NMH2, Shadows of the Damned, Lolipop Chainsaw, Diabolical Pitch) IMO!

Edited by Dcubed

So no one else picked this game up then... :blank:

...well I suppose it is technically out tomorrow, well today... but only when shops are actually open. :heh: (ShopTo ftw)

Anyway, Killer Is Dead... amazing game, for what it is and for what it's worth ignore the reviews as this is just one of those games, if you loved Killer 7 and/or liked No More Heroes then you will definitely enjoy this. :)

It's that simple. : peace:

..this is just one of those games, if you loved Killer 7 and/or liked No More Heroes then you will definitely enjoy this. :)

It's that simple. : peace:

That's basically what I was expecting :smile: There's a good chance I'll pick it up in a few months when the price drops..

Killer 7 is particularly awesome :yay:

Did anyone else play this? Just bought it today but won't really get to play it this week. I loved Shadows of the Damned and lollipop Chainsaw - never played No More Heroes and never got that far in Killer 7 but mostly just due to when the game came out in relation to how much I was still playing my GC.