NEurope
Guy

Geeky Garb - What's Your Limit?

The point of wearing what you like is that you like the impression it gives off, and that's what matters. Everyone has widely differing opinions on and interpretations of clothes, so since you can't please them all, you might as well please yourself.

I would say I wouldn't wear that shirt. But I've walked around like this.

assassins-creed-inspired-hoodie.jpg

Not like the woman, that's just silly.

I want one, where?

I work for Jagex, I mean, if you work for a games company, its almost a given that everyone has geekery clothing, geekery on their desks etc. I adore it and have since gone out of my way to buy all those tshirts I didn't buy at my previous work place because people found it a bit weird.

Ahhh :awesome:

I want one, where?

I work for Jagex, I mean, if you work for a games company, its almost a given that everyone has geekery clothing, geekery on their desks etc. I adore it and have since gone out of my way to buy all those tshirts I didn't buy at my previous work place because people found it a bit weird.

i wish i could clutter my desk with geeky paraphernalia those TMNT classics figures look amazing, would love one posed on my desk

I only own three and it's this one:

SuperMarioWorldShirt.jpg

Which is sort of acceptable and this one:

tumblr_m304lgokCi1qaczz9o1_500.jpg

Which is so unacceptable that it's kind of... acceptable? Anyone?

And this one:

tumblr_mb4dcrkpgI1qaczz9o1_500.jpg

Which I only wear to like... Doctor Who things...

Which is so unacceptable that it's kind of... acceptable? Anyone?

Just tell people you're wearing it ironically. ;)

I want one, where?

As Cubemon says, tis Insert Coin. Albeit the grey one is out of stock, you can get the black one:

http://www.insertcoinclothing.com/hoodies/monteriggioni-synchronised-black.html

Failing that they've got one based on ACIII:

http://www.insertcoinclothing.com/hoodies/tomahawk.html

But at £50 it's not worth it.

Can I get a job at Jagex please? :)

I've got quite a few.

alien.PNG

Mens_Flux_Capacitor_Back_To_The_Future_Glow_In_The_Dark_T_Shirt_500_478_514_76.jpg

20377042_300x300_1.jpg

Legend_of_Zelda_Triforce-T.jpg - think it's the right one.

sainsburys_2.jpg&filetype=jpg

Quite a few Gremlins t-shirts. A few Muppets tees. Two Ghostbuster t-shirts, one with Slimer (from the cartoon) and one with the symbol/logo from 2. Got a green Mario Bros t-shirt with a 1-up mushroom on the front.

I've got compliments from the majority of these, including being asked by strangers where I bought the t-shirts from. Importantly, I don't feel that these look out of place on me. They fit really well in both size and personality. Sometimes I wear these to work if it's an own clothes day and some people will get the reference, or they'll just think it's a nice t-shirt.

Mens_Flux_Capacitor_Back_To_The_Future_Glow_In_The_Dark_T_Shirt_500_478_514_76.jpg

Quite a few Gremlins t-shirts. A few Muppets tees. Two Ghostbuster t-shirts, one with Slimer (from the cartoon) and one with the symbol/logo from 2. Got a green Mario Bros t-shirt with a 1-up mushroom on the front.

1. I need that t-shirt in my life right this second because it's amazing.

2. I want to see these Gremlins and Muppet t-shirts! Pics! :D

1. I need that t-shirt in my life right this second because it's amazing.

2. I want to see these Gremlins and Muppet t-shirts! Pics! :D

I usually get the majority of these t-shirts from friends for birthday or Christmas gifts.

The Gremlins ones are:

DSCN1097.jpg - only just realised that this is what I'm wearing right now. Except that my Mum FAAAAACKED UUUP and ruined this in the wash when I went to visit her. It is now blue grey. I almost cried.

gremlins-zara-3.jpg

If image doesn't show for the second one, go here.

DSC_5142.JPG

45H04TBLU_large.jpg - colour is better in real life. More vivid.

Can't find a picture of the other Animal t-shirt, but I have two of them, both in incorrect sizes. Got one as a Christmas present from a pupil, and one as a birthday present from a friend. The exact same t-shirt, twice. I use them as sleeping t-shirts.

Also, just remembered that I have this:

$%28KGrHqJ,!jQE1J6qc9n4BNfZKkCKI!~~_35.JPG Logo is in red. This suffered the same fate as my Gremlins one and is now ruined. It's now a grey blue colour. Looks shit. :(

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Those Gremlins shirts = AMAZING.

Good Gremlins shirts are really rare. Most decent designs always seem to be suited to girls or use that really horrible cartoon drawing of Gizmo that infects Japanese merchandise. I have a blue one with just the Gremlins logo and a small silhouette of Stripe in red, and a kind of crappy one advertising the Peltzer Bathroom Buddy.

[edit]

Weird request, but could we modify the thread title to Geeky Shirt Showcase or something? I think it would give the thread a bit more life if it evolved into showing neat geeky shirts we find online or already own.

Edited by Guy
GUY HODGE ALWAYS EDITS HIS POSTS

Good Gremlins shirts are really rare. Most decent designs always seem to be suited to girls or use that really horrible cartoon drawing of Gizmo that infects Japanese merchandise. I have a blue one with just the Gremlins logo and a small silhouette of Stripe in Red, and a kind of crappy one advertising the Peltzer Bathroom Buddy.

I fluked those t-shirts completely. Found them in Zara of all places for £5 each. Yes.

The only downside is that the sizes don't fully fit my body. Think I bought large for the helmet one. They're good workout t-shirts.

fig,brown,womens,ffffff.jpg

This is the kind of geeky thing I'd totally buy, by the way. Just popped up on my suggestions somewhere else, thought I'd share.

Shame I don't need clothes now. :P

Some of my more recent ones:

abbey%20creep-w500-h500-500x500.jpg

Hood1-w500-h500-500x500.jpg

Cambridge-20121010-00126-w500-h500-500x500.jpg

f095_portal_cake_babydoll.jpg (it says the cake is a lie on the back)

ea27_minecraft_university_hoodie.jpg

and eventually I'll own the hoodie above!

I usually get the majority of these t-shirts from friends for birthday or Christmas gifts.

The Gremlins ones are:

DSCN1097.jpg - only just realised that this is what I'm wearing right now. Except that my Mum FAAAAACKED UUUP and ruined this in the wash when I went to visit her. It is now blue grey. I almost cried.

gremlins-zara-3.jpg

If image doesn't show for the second one, go here.

DSC_5142.JPG

45H04TBLU_large.jpg - colour is better in real life. More vivid.

Can't find a picture of the other Animal t-shirt, but I have two of them, both in incorrect sizes. Got one as a Christmas present from a pupil, and one as a birthday present from a friend. The exact same t-shirt, twice. I use them as sleeping t-shirts.

Also, just remembered that I have this:

$%28KGrHqJ,!jQE1J6qc9n4BNfZKkCKI!~~_35.JPG Logo is in red. This suffered the same fate as my Gremlins one and is now ruined. It's now a grey blue colour. Looks shit. :(

The Gremlins ones are awesome and I SERIOUSLY want that Animal t-shirt bad! :(

I think I now own 4 or 5 Animal t-shirts. One I use as a sleeping t-shirt though along with these kick-ass loungepants I got for Christmas which I'm wearing now!

5053120506360?hei=382&wid=305&resmode=sharp&op_usm=1.1,0.5,0,0&defaultimage=default_details_George_rd

and here are my t-shirts:

5052765136321?hei=400&wid=400

5053425008057?hei=400&wid=400

5903.jpg

...and I can't find the other one on the Internet but one of them is white with Animal's face on with the words "Rock and Roll" underneath and there's japanese symbols at the top and bottom.

===

I also just remembered that I have this t-shirt, which is one of my favourites:

152438313.jpg

The logo and "The World is Yours" as well as the Scarface logo on the sleeve is in gold. I love it. I also want this t-shirt that I've just seen whilst I was trying to find the picture of the shirt above:

in_a_dream_reservoir_dogs_tshirt.jpg?color=White&height=240&width=240

Good Gremlins shirts are really rare. Most decent designs always seem to be suited to girls or use that really horrible cartoon drawing of Gizmo that infects Japanese merchandise. I have a blue one with just the Gremlins logo and a small silhouette of Stripe in red, and a kind of crappy one advertising the Peltzer Bathroom Buddy.

My Gremlins shirt takes offence! haha :(

I also have this Rocky one but the t-shirt's grey and the picture is white (basically, the one the guy is wearing is better!):

41wOVYRUD1L._SX342_.jpg

I would just like to say that there's been far too much posting of male models in your shirts, and not enough posting of yourselves in said shirts...

Challenge ACCEPTED.

150686_10152378976995510_1784100416_n.jpg - that's me wearing my Chewwy t-shirt. Forgot about that. That's another geeky one to add to the list. That's on New Year's Eve.

484602_10151122288749047_1828416052_n.jpg - chestburster t-shirt, with a friend. I pull weird faces on camera/in real life.

6173_1196120497482_774040_n.jpg - my Muttley t-shirt! It's a bit small on me now. This was taken many years ago before I really started exercising.

6173_1196094096822_6842366_n.jpg - old photo of me in Disneyland, fucking around with the pirate stuff. This is about 3 years old.