NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Disney Infinity

Disney Infinty just announced for Wii U and Wii. Its a Disney version of Skylanders.

eMBX4.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Disney Infinty just announced for Wii U and Wii. Its a Disney version of Skylanders.

eMBX4.jpg

Really?

Are we really desperate enough to mention this?

*checks Wii U line up*

...yes. Yes we are!

From Kotaku:

The Toybox mode will include basic tutorial modes, adventure missions and a huge level-building mode that looks like it is taking aim at Minecraft. Developers working on the game already made a massive Starship Enterprise and another made the Bowser's Castle track from Mario Kart. There's even a "logic editor" which allows for rudimentary programming, which can allow players to create sidescroller games, top-down games... all sorts of things. They showed a Donkey Kong riff.

original.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5976190/disney-infinity-is-disney-skylanders-more-or-less

I'm a huge Disney fan but this gets a meh from me.

Maybe I'll be won over, but then I'm not keen to spend £100+ on a game.

Amen to Pokémon

You know those Moshi Monsters figures? The two for £2 packets where you don't know what you're getting inside?

That would work very well for Pokémon.

Released on every system ever.

Well, almost. The Vita must be feeling pretty left out right now.

I will give this a wide berth, but I'll be interested in seeing how well this does compared to Skylanders. I'm kind of hoping Activision and Disney will flood the market and kill off this type of game. :p

Not long until every game is following the Skylanders model.

Heck, Pokemon would be great for this. Maybe as trading cards instead of figures though, since capturing them all in figure form would require quite the financial commitment.

Didnt they already try something like this with the ecard reader in the US for the GBA? I was sure they had some pokemon cards you could scan into one of the games.

My daughter is Gonna LOVE this! Too expensive!

Wait a mo' I have to pay £15 more (£69.99 as compared to £54.99) for the Wii U version... Even though my gamepad had f****** NFC built in? Wha...!

I want to know how many characters there will be to choose from, looks fun, i hope you can play online with this game.

Wait a mo' I have to pay £15 more (£69.99 as compared to £54.99) for the Wii U version... Even though my gamepad had f****** NFC built in? Wha...!

The GamePad doesn't work for this kind of NFC - the figure needs to be in constant contact with the NFC chip, a bit hard to do when you're holding the GamePad.

The GamePad doesn't work for this kind of NFC - the figure needs to be in constant contact with the NFC chip, a bit hard to do when you're holding the GamePad.

Wonder if any devs outside of Nintendo have access to the NFC functionality of the system yet. Makes sense to make it a universal functionality for all devices though. Specially when the costs are quite steep.

Hope Nintendo announce a NFC game this year. They've obviously got something cooking to put it on the actual controller.

Aaaaand....had to take those ideas to another thread...GO!

Edited by tapedeck

Hope the Minecraft-alike promises come off. The Wii U is crying out for some touch screen crafting and this could be great if done well.

Track record suggests not but here's hoping!

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/sct6ok/disney-infinity-review

So this is apparently really good. Expensive, yes, but good.

Also, I saw an advert for this earlier today. Interestingly, it only mentioned the Wii U version - I've seen it happen with 360/PS3 multiplatform games, but I'm surprised to see a multiplatform game mention just the Wii U (or a Nintendo console).

Edited by Cube

This looks really cool but I don't think I can afford to indulge.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/sct6ok/disney-infinity-review

So this is apparently really good. Expensive, yes, but good.

Also, I saw an advert for this earlier today. Interestingly, it only mentioned the Wii U version - I've seen it happen with 360/PS3 multiplatform games, but I'm surprised to see a multiplatform game mention just the Wii U (or a Nintendo console).

nintendo paid for the exclusive advertising.

good move :)

Great move by Nintendo Khilafa.

This looks superb from that review. Like little big planet, Minecraft and Skyrim all rolled into one.

So tempted. Games like this are made for gaming families.

Great move by Nintendo Khilafa.

This looks superb from that review. Like little big planet, Minecraft and Skyrim all rolled into one.

So tempted. Games like this are made for gaming families.

Yeah, my gaming family is ready, my wife is not, lol. Gotta get the Starter Pack, Side Kicks pack and the Cars Play Set, that'll cost over 100 quid. Hmmm, my wife might be right.

Sign in to follow this