NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Rename the WiiU

Many people weren't happy with Nintendo seemingly copping out on the name for their current system, adding a single letter to distinguish it from its predecessor. (not that it didn't work for the SNES, mind)

If you had the powaaar, what would you have named the system?

Super Wii

Some Japan promos call it that

I've always loved that name, but I guess it would have got the same criticism as the WiiU.

But then I like:

WiiWii

Like I actually do...

Any change of the name from Wii U to anything not involving the name Wii would have resulted in losing the brand recognition. While Nintendo is popular themselves, the Wii name is huge and to change it would have caused damage.

They should have simply called it the Nintendo U, the shortened version being NU, as in new. It would have been a lot more catchy and easier to distinguish from the Wii.

A few rumours had it named as Nintendo Stream which I liked and you stream to the gamepad so it makes sense...

Stream was nice, but accidentally forget the 'r' or you made a typo, then you get the...

Nintendo Steam.

Wii 2 is good enough, but it should be stylized as Wii-power-of-2, with '2' in superscript, to emphasise that it is something truly new.

But now, eighteen months later, I have become used to Wii U, and it is really not that bad anymore.

If it was going to be wii u the logo had to be different. Prior to the 3DS Nintendo always had completely different logo's for hardware. Once the confusion happened with the 3DS Nintendo should of made sure that the Wii U logo was completely different from the Wii one.

I would of just went with wii 2 which instantly makes it known that it's new hardware and not an add on.

I don't even think the Wii brand was vital. The Game boy brand was huge and Nintendo had no problem going with the DS after the GBA.

Edited by liger05

Super Nintendo WiiDS Advance SP.

Honestly? Wii 2 sounds absolutely fine. Wii U sounds like a goddamn add-on, which coincidentally is what most of the public think the Wii U is.

Edited by Guy

Super Gamecube (and obviously have had a cube shaped unit)

but Wii2 would have been a million times better

They should have simply called it the Nintendo U, the shortened version being NU, as in new. It would have been a lot more catchy and easier to distinguish from the Wii.

..This is actually the smartest idea I've ever heard in regards to the Wii U naming. Fucking bravo sir.

A few rumours had it named as Nintendo Stream which I liked and you stream to the gamepad so it makes sense...

Or the Wii Stream for short.