NEurope
Daft

Lateral Thinking

A tool used to transport a consumable amount of a typically wet food substance from its container to the mouth for it to be ingested.

If the alien doesn't know what a spoon is, would it know any of the other words I use to describe what it's used for? =/ haha..

I would go ahead and assume this is coming off the back of explaining what a knife and fork was, so i'd say 'basically used when what you're eating can't be picked up by a fork' *shrug*

A tool used to transport a consumable amount of a typically wet food substance from its container to the mouth for it to be ingested.

What if they don't have hands? Or use tools? Or instead of eating food they absorb light like a plant?

What if they don't have hands? Or use tools? Or instead of eating food they absorb light like a plant?

If they don't have hands, then I don't know why I'd even be talking to them. The conversation would never lead to where I'd want it to.

If they don't have hands, then I don't know why I'd even be talking to them. The conversation would never lead to where I'd want it to.

tumblr_lfrevt3C9G1qb25upo1_500.gif

An implement consisting of a small, shallow oval or round bowl on a long handle.

I would show the Alien something that could only be eaten with a spoon (unless you were an absolute fucking pig) like cereal or yoghurt. I'd show them the food and how the only way to get the food from the bowl to my mouth was through the spoon.

I'd eat my cereal in front of it.

Every last cornflake.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Then I'd counter Flinky by eating cereal with my hand. Then I'd eat chicken soup in front of that alien.

Then I'd counter Flinky by eating cereal with my hand. Then I'd eat chicken soup in front of that alien.

That's just bad etiquette. We want this alien to be civilised now.

"We use this instrument in competitions to determine the suitability of local men for reproduction. Each will take a bird or reptile birthing capsule and place it upon the indentation like so. Then, every competing man will attempt to hold the instrument at the long end and balance the birthing capsule upon the far end of the instrument while racing a set distance. He who emerges victorious will then mate with the female winners of a similar challenge to ensure only the finest genetic material is shared during procreation."

A tool crafted to assist us with consuming energy and nutrients through our main consumption port.

It can also be used to transport chicken eggs from one end of a field to another in an intense competition against peers and rivals for the glory of the world cup.

Edited by The Peeps

Showing them the spoon defeats the purpose of this entire question lol. I would say... A small elongated metal tool used when scooping food in order to keep hands clean.