NEurope
lostmario

Jurassic Park 4 - June 13th 2014

Goldblum or GTFO.

[edit]

Wow, I actually posted this exact same thing back at the start of the thread.

I wish just once I'd change a little..

Maybe you need a new name.

I think that could really help me pull through this crisi- aw, forget it.

Conceptual Footage For Jurassic World

Behold pterodactyls vs. surfers!

There was a presentation for Jurassic World -- the long-gestating fourth Jurassic Park movie -- at the recent Star Wars Celebration con in Germany and now the conceptual footage for the film that was screened there has made its way online.

According to The Playlist, Jurassic producer Frank Marshall says the footage below is not part of the movie but was a pitch from its director, Colin Trevorrow. Check it out:

Trailer is up

That music at the end.. :yay:

Watched it 5 times now, feels like I'm 10 years old again.

Loved the first one.

Edited by lostmario

There's potential after seeing the trailer. I can't wait to find out what changed for them to remake/re-open the park.

After that trailer I think I'll skip it in the cinema and watch it at a later time.

can't wait for this, I've seen the first film 4 times at the cinema, I never seen any other film more than once. I do wish they would make a more adult version more in line with the books. It's a bit boring knowing the kids will survive every film.

I'd also love to see an Alien Isolation style game using the Jurassic Park franchise.

After that trailer I think I'll skip it in the cinema and watch it at a later time.
Yeah I can't see myself bothering to go and watch it either. It looks ok, but it's just more of the same, and I'm looking for something different from the series by this stage. Modified dino's and the dino's talking/working together ain't it.

I appreciate the effort which has clearly gone into the production of this film even if it is different to how the other Jurassic Park films were made, the older films seemed to favour using animated physical models for parts of the dinosaurs I thought whereas isn't this mostly CGI if not all of it?

It still looks good but it has a decidedly different tone to earlier films which I'd always gone to the cinema to see with my family, this time though... well the trailer showed rather a lot so I may just end up waiting, buying the earlier films on Blu-Ray, watching them again in anticipation until this comes out a few months down the line annnd...

...end up being bitterly disappointed. :heh:

But seriously... I think this has a chance to be a decent 4 star film at best, worst case scenario it will surely be at least viewable?

I just know I'm going to end up buying it anyway. : peace:

but only for £5 or less on Blu-Ray if it turns out to be anything less than decent. ;)

I'll see this at the cinema. It looks like a good film. I love a good monster movie.

So, what are you looking for?
Not sure really, but this just feels like the 4th remake of the same film almost. And a modified dino who talks to pterodactyls or whatever's going on doesn't cut it. Granted the trained raptors are a pretty cool idea.

Just feels like the series has more potential than constant retelling and if that's not the case then it's not interesting.

How about something more fear based. Like a Cloverfield style approach or something to the story and island. Although that would of course minimise the audience going to see it. Then again, maybe Jurassic World is just the same story for a new generation.

My word! Not only does this have Wilson Fisk in it, it also has Nick from New Girl AND Omar Sy!

My word! Not only does this have Wilson Fisk in it, it also has Nick from New Girl AND Omar Sy!

Not to mention Starlord.

It doesn't feel like a film I need see in the cinema, I don't mind waiting until it's on TV even. I'll probably see it mind as I reckon my friends would like to watch it.

Seen this last night and absolutely loved it. There were so many little nods to the original film, I was getting very nostalgic.

Going back to the original park area and seeing the layout and logo was amazing. I loved how the kid used the banner from the end of the first film as a torch.

That battle was freaking awesome. I was gutted when the raptors turned and helped the big bad dino. I was hoping for a decent showdown and luckily it eventually happened.

When the T-Rex came into the fray and the music started I was in hype mode at that point. Then Blue showed up to help and the tag team match began!

It was one of those moments when watching a film where I just wanted to get out of my chair and shout "Hell Yeah!". It felt like I was watching a Rocky movie and the turning point in the fight had just happened. :D

Easily the best one since the original, which isn't hard I suppose. :) I enjoyed it that much that I may even go see it again.