NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil Revelations Heads To 360/PS3

I thought this would be a cheap downloadable port, but they're actually going to charge €50 for it? Sarcasm.gif

I thought this would be a cheap downloadable port, but they're actually going to charge €50 for it? Sarcasm.gif

The game is worth the price. Absolutely fully deserving of a retail release.

It's not on anywhere near the same length or scale as RE4, 5 or 6 though so I'd have thought £29.99 would be a fair price (same as the 3DS game actually).

I think it's more about perceived value. I'd pay full price for a Vita version with slightly upgraded visuals, but a handheld game ported to home consoles? Never in a million years. In the same vein, I'd pay full price for Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, but not on the PS3/360.

Edit: But I guess you could say you're paying a premium to not have to shell out money for a peripheral to get proper camera controls.

Haha! Capcom did not bother having a Windows logo at 1:09! They probably thought "what is the current Windows logo, again? Anyone here know? No? ... Well, let's just write 'Windows'."

I've never really been a massive fan of the 3DS to be honest, this is probably one of the only games I would have bothered picking up for it if I ever got one. Mind you, I've never been big on handheld gaming. In which case, I'm glad to see this being released on other formats, I definitely need to pick it up at some point (if I has the monies, and it's how much on release?!*) Now, the only major problem I have is... which format do I get it for? PS3 or 360? Hmmmm....

*I mean seriously, it doesn't seem like it has as much scale as RE5/6 (even though those games suck), so I personally think the current price tag is a tad steep. They could have easily charged £30, plus it could have probably been released on XBL/PSN. Ah well, I guess that's Capcom's usual way... :heh:

So, apparently, the Resident Evil franchise "may" get a reboot depending on Revelations feedback; http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/31/resident-evil-may-undergo-a-reboot-once-revelations-feedback-is-received-says-producer/

It's not as if this series has had many "reboots"... :rolleyes: Seriously though, I do think it needs a new direction. Most importantly, it needs to go back to it's survival horror routes, but have enough action to appeal to the brainless masses. Something along the lines of the original Dead Space could work (as in the mechanics/survival aspects of it.)

So, apparently, the Resident Evil franchise "may" get a reboot depending on Revelations feedback; http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/31/resident-evil-may-undergo-a-reboot-once-revelations-feedback-is-received-says-producer/

It's not as if this series has had many "reboots"... :rolleyes: Seriously though, I do think it needs a new direction. Most importantly, it needs to go back to it's survival horror routes, but have enough action to appeal to the brainless masses. Something along the lines of the original Dead Space could work (as in the mechanics/survival aspects of it.)

Totally agree. The original Dead Space was the only game to give me that old Resi feeling.

@Gio001

Exactly! That's pretty much the reason why I love the Dead Space series so much (with the exception of 3, since the franchise has, ironically, followed in RE's footsteps. :heh:)

Resident Evil: Outbreak

My favourite Resi game ever! I'd love to see this on the 360 or PS3. The online would be absolutely amazing to play!

I'm a fan of the Resident Evil series (although its waning a bit) and its interesting to see Resident Evil Revelations coming out to a wider audience. I'm still going to buy the 3DS version before buying it on the PS3.

btw The first RE Outbreak game was average at best on the PS2 (my view however). Capcom removed online play and hard drive installation for the European version. It has one of the worse loading times on the PS2 (you need HD Loader) to get game playable or the patience of a saint to play that game. RE Outbreak File 2 was better however.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City is probably the nearest you'll get to Outbreak online now and that was average at best too, sorry. I heard a rumour/rumor that Capcom are thinking of making Operation Raccoon City 2 :sad: which would be a disaster especially if they hold half the game back as DLC.

Edited by sumo73

Hell mode didn't have more enemies, random item placements or tougher enemies appearing earlier, etc.

Capcom did a live stream if anyone wants to check it out, looks tough.