NEurope
Cube

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

There's footage on Youtube that looks absolutely dire. Although only a few minutes long it doesn't seem to have any "horror" aspects at all. :(

There's footage on Youtube that looks absolutely dire. Although only a few minutes long it doesn't seem to have any "horror" aspects at all. :(
Yeah if it's that same video I also watched that earlier, it looked terrible, like a PS3/360 launch title so I wasn't sure if it was the real thing, or a mod someone had done based on another engine.

The Wii U should be getting the retail version of the Telltale games.

Is this the video ye are on about?

God that looks horrid :(

Like someone did a serious mod to a Minecraft grahics engine (the whole movement of the character/camera just makes me think Minecraft):heh:

I'd like for this to be great as I love the show, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Get teh feeling it'll be all run and gun with little atmosphere or tension and certainly nothing compared to ZombiU

Would like to be wrong though but at this stage I'd prefer if Telltale released their game on teh eShop or even on disc.

its like they got Half life two and made a zombie-u mod, only a really bad mod.......

i really hope this is an early build

Yeah that was the video. Everything about it upsets me. From the odd flashlight, poor ladder mechanism and mostly the fact that those zombies look and move awfully. They aren't scary at all.

I love pretty much everything about the Walking Dead, the adventure game by Telltale was my favourite game of the year but this just looks plain bad. Its hard to predict how a game will come out, sometimes you get a real suprise (just look at sleeping dogs) but they seem to be just reskinning a generic shooter with a walking dead skin. The comics, the tv show and the other game all work around the premise that attacking the zombies straight on or using a gun is a fairly bad idea, playing a shooter based in that universe just seems totally against the spirit of the whole thing.

Not to mention that our playable characters are a couple of racist brothers from the South, sure Daryl redeems himself but are we going to have to listen to Meral swearing and shouting racist slurs at asian zombies? I just dont understand who this game is being made for...

My reaction to this is a bit like the zombie's expression in the op.
Your pressing an imaginary person into your groin?

I love pretty much everything about the Walking Dead, the adventure game by Telltale was my favourite game of the year but this just looks plain bad. Its hard to predict how a game will come out, sometimes you get a real suprise (just look at sleeping dogs) but they seem to be just reskinning a generic shooter with a walking dead skin. The comics, the tv show and the other game all work around the premise that attacking the zombies straight on or using a gun is a fairly bad idea, playing a shooter based in that universe just seems totally against the spirit of the whole thing.

Not to mention that our playable characters are a couple of racist brothers from the South, sure Daryl redeems himself but are we going to have to listen to Meral swearing and shouting racist slurs at asian zombies? I just dont understand who this game is being made for...

This sums up my opinion on this game perfectly, couldn't add anymore to it.

Would have been much better taking place during the winter, which Andrea and Michon.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390234/the-walking-dead-survival-instinct-for-wii-u-will-not-come-to-australia/

Activision's forthcoming The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct will not release in Australia on the Wii U, it has been confirmed.

According to Vooks.net the Wii U version recently disappeared from Australian retailer websites, and is not referenced in new promotional material. When the site contacted Activision regarding the omissions, the publisher confirmed it will not stock the Wii U version in Australia.

"As with every game release, publishers decide which platforms to release based on customer demand. Unfortunately it wasn't there for the Wii U SKU on The Walking Dead."

Activision made a similar move in Australia with the release of 007 Legends late last year.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct will release for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on March 20 in Australia. The first official trailer released last week.

With Aliens being a let a down (and maybe even not coming to WiiU anymore) is there any hope this game might surprise and be good :heh:

So is that why Activision won't give me a review copy?

Though to be fair I am a little impressed with the number of Zombies on screen at once.... hope ZombiU 2 can do that.... but you know without degrading the rest of teh game which seems to have happened here :heh:

Though to be fair I am a little impressed with the number of Zombies on screen at once....

I thought it looked quite empty. I'm guessing you haven't played the Left 4 Dead games.

Holy shit this looks all kinds of awful! Hahahahahaha