NEurope
Retro_Link

Nyko Accessories - '360' Pro Controller and Triple Gamepad Battery

Seem like some great options, especially in terms of battery!

(and if you can get past the look of the Pro Controller)

Edited by Retro_Link

Why does third party accessories so often look like they are props from an Marvel movie?

I would buy more third party accessories if they weren't so stupidly unaesthetic! For example, I want a PS3 gamepad with better triggers and better ergonomics than DualShock 3, and so third-party is the only choice – but they all look so Star Trek!

The internal gamepad battery seems interesting though it's a shame that it probably voids your warranty if you want to use it, but the 'pro commander' controller? Ugly as sin and completely pointless to me, I've been using the official pro controller since launch and my only criticism is that they could make a controller with a completely matte finish but other than that it's brilliant.

This cheap copy though looks like it has a 'rubberised' finish to it on the whole controller... do not want! :shakehead

The internal gamepad battery seems interesting though it's a shame that it probably voids your warranty if you want to use it, but the 'pro commander' controller? Ugly as sin and completely pointless to me, I've been using the official pro controller since launch and my only criticism is that they could make a controller with a completely matte finish but other than that it's brilliant.

This cheap copy though looks like it has a 'rubberised' finish to it on the whole controller... do not want! :shakehead

I don't think it does as the screws for it aren't hidden and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it is a consumer changable part.

SO that internal battery does interest me a lot....when is it out and where can I buy it?

I had no idea the original battery was so small it didn't even take up the full battery cavity...WTF? I know Nintendo were trying to be strict on weight but they made space there....USE IT. Surely it doesn't add that much weight?

I don't get the point of the staggered sticks. I guess it'll please those used to teh 360 controller. But that is the one thing about the 360 controller I hated. To me it always felt awkward having the stick positions staggered like that.

That and the Nyko one as mentioned looks fugly as sin

Edited by Mokong

I had no idea the original battery was so small it didn't even take up the full battery cavity...WTF? I know Nintendo were trying to be strict on weight but they made space there....USE IT. Surely it doesn't add that much weight?

Probably more to do with production costs, and the extra room was just good planning for future upgrade. Gonna' have to undo mine now for a little looksee.

I wonder how much extra heft it adds to the Gamepad. Nintendo were paranoid about keeping that Gamepad weight below 500g no matter what...

I cant see any of the images on my work pc but im assuming the 360 controller has the thumbsticks in the "correct" positions? I found whilst playing shooters and such on the PC with a wired 360 pad that having one stick at the top left and one at the bottom right was way more comfortable for long gameplay sessions, i did a 12 hour session on Sleeping dogs during the holidays and i felt comfortable the whole time.

Despite that its the higher capacity battery im more interested in, i have two cats so the minute you have a cable dangling from the power outlet you immediatly have two sets of eyes trying to work out how they can bite through it. Another couple of hours charge would go a long way.

An improved battery for the gamepad (internal) definatly interests me. I would happily part with some cash to improve it's battery life.

I actually timed the use of my controller last week, it lasted 2 hours and 47 minutes! I mean wtf?

I actually timed the use of my controller last week, it lasted 2 hours and 47 minutes! I mean wtf?
What settings are you using?

I've got mine set to the lowest brightness, power saving mode on, rumble off, also have the volume off 95% of the time too, but I'm still finding myself charging the GamePad a lot. :hmm:

In fact, I pretty much just leave the thing permanently plugged into the mains now. :heh:

I wish there was an option to disable the screen in games that don't really utilise it much/well. Like Tekken for example, I never use the special move shortcuts that are on the touch screen during gameplay, so I'd rather the GamePad screen was off. :blank:

I've got mine set to the lowest brightness, power saving mode on, rumble off, also have the volume off 95% of the time too, but I'm still finding myself charging the GamePad a lot. :hmm:

In fact, I pretty much just leave the thing permanently plugged into the mains now. :heh:

I wish there was an option to disable the screen in games that don't really utilise it much/well. Like Tekken for example, I never use the special move shortcuts that are on the touch screen during gameplay, so I'd rather the GamePad screen was off. :blank:

Rumble off, power saver off, brightness full and volume mediumish id say. I like having the screen bright so it looks 'nicer'.

There is a "display off" button under the gamepad "settings" button when you go into "controller settings"

I use it when I'm playing Black Ops online cause I use teh Wiimote to play and if there's no other N-E clan members on. Cause annoyingly if I wan to use a headset teh screen has to be turned on for the headset to work :mad:

There is a "display off" button under the gamepad "settings" button when you go into "controller settings"

I use it when I'm playing Black Ops online cause I use teh Wiimote to play and if there's no other N-E clan members on. Cause annoyingly if I wan to use a headset teh screen has to be turned on for the headset to work :mad:

Yeah, but pressing any button on the GamePad reactivates the screen, so it isn't of any use if you're actually still using the GamePad.

Got home so i can finally see the video, as i said before im all over that internal battery, if the tests show that it really lasts 3 times longer im getting it! The classic controller....i like where the sticks and buttons are but it does look kinda jankey, ill wait for reviews on that one for definite, but to be fair, the one i got with the ZombiU pack is doing fine now that my fingers are used to the button layout.

Yeah, but pressing any button on the GamePad reactivates the screen, so it isn't of any use if you're actually still using the GamePad.

Can you not use the Pro Controller to play Tekken? (Or do you have one?)

Then you could use that to play and turn off the Gamepad's screen.

I'd hope in a future update Nintendo could make it so if you turn on the console using a Pro Controller or Wiimote it doesn't also turn on the GamePad. Be nice for any games you have where you use a different control method and don't really need the map or whatever info displayed on the Gamepad

Can you not use the Pro Controller to play Tekken? (Or do you have one?)

Then you could use that to play and turn off the Gamepad's screen.

I believe so, but I don't have one.

:idea: I do however have a Classic Controller, pretty sure that can be used too.

Will give it a try next time I play.

Cheers Mokong, I hadn't thought of that. icon14.gif

Yeah, the Wii U arcade sticks are read by the Wii U as a Classic Controller, so the CC/CC Pro and all of your existing Wii arcade sticks will work with TTT2 (and presumably every future Wii U VC and Wii U fighting game)

Well I haven't played since last Sunday but my GamePad has always been set to brightness 2 or 3, power saving on, rumble on, volume is always on and we play with it a hell of a lot, especially when it comes to local COD multiplayer. The battery still manages to last between 4-5 hrs.

What does the GamePad power save function do? I wonder why it is even there, because it alters the colours, makes yellow more prominent, and cuts of the brightest end of the colour range; just like the 3DS does. I never liked it.

Well I haven't played since last Sunday but my GamePad has always been set to brightness 2 or 3, power saving on, rumble on, volume is always on and we play with it a hell of a lot, especially when it comes to local COD multiplayer. The battery still manages to last between 4-5 hrs.
That's pretty good going, especially for having rumble on too.

Perhaps my GamePad lasts longer than I think, never really timed it though. :blank:

What does the GamePad power save function do? I wonder why it is even there, because it alters the colours, makes yellow more prominent, and cuts of the brightest end of the colour range; just like the 3DS does. I never liked it.
Yeah, I couldn't stand it on the 3DS, :shakehead so never used it on that. But it doesn't seem to bother me as much on the Wii U, so I left it on.

Not sure exactly how much power it saves, probably not that much.