NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

How many units of Yoshi have they sold?

Somewhere between 160k-200k from what I can gather. Don't know exactly what amount, but it's somewhere in that range.

That doesn't include digital though, obviously.

Not much really, I hope digital did better, but I am not so sure about it.

Btw. are you talking overall, or just USA?

RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) < 56,700

Xbox One (85%) < 48,200

Xbox 360 (15%) < 8,500

Man, what a bomba. Launching the same week as Fallout was a recipe for disaster. If it hasn't done well in the US then Microsoft may be kicking themselves for money hatting the timed exclusivity.

UK Sales for Week Ending 14th November;

All Formats

GeU4qxY.png

Individual Formats

VChqDFq.png

Top 20 Wii U

WS5vBKE.png

CTrF2dWWEAEpGVC.jpg

That is a catastrophic result for Halo 5 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate! An almost 70% drop from Halo 4 and a 50%+ drop from Unity! Wow! Ubisoft must be sweating bullets, especially with the Vivendi sharks circling them!

Destiny's expansion however has done remarkably well, especially considering that it's highly likely to have stronger digital sales than most titles as the downloadable version is significantly cheaper.

Seems like Destiny really has eaten up a large chunk of Halo's audience. Bungie really made the right call in leaving the series behind with Microsoft it seems... Also looks like Halo 4 and TMCC did some real damage to the brand...

Interesting stuff on the Halo front - def agree Bungie made the right call to jump ship and especially go multiplatform - no doubt it's taken a lot of previous Halo fans over to the Destiny side regardless of where they're doing their gaming.

Out of interest would you know where I might be able to get the hardware sales to date for 360 when Halo 4 was released/tracked and for XBone to date? I'd be interested to compare the two, especially in the Halo context.

Interesting stuff on the Halo front - def agree Bungie made the right call to jump ship and especially go multiplatform - no doubt it's taken a lot of previous Halo fans over to the Destiny side regardless of where they're doing their gaming.

Out of interest would you know where I might be able to get the hardware sales to date for 360 when Halo 4 was released/tracked and for XBone to date? I'd be interested to compare the two, especially in the Halo context.

No idea I'm afraid. I know that a bunch of people on GAF keep track of this stuff though, so you're best off asking some of them if you can I reckon.

Man, what a bomba. Launching the same week as Fallout was a recipe for disaster. If it hasn't done well in the US then Microsoft may be kicking themselves for money hatting the timed exclusivity.

So long they have sold enough Fallout copies I think they will be OK as at the end the game will probable sell quite well.

PS What is GAF :D?

Edited by Kounan

So long they have sold enough Fallout copies I think they will be OK as at the end the game will probable sell quite well.

PS What is GAF :D?

It's where everyone goes to get their gaming news.

HERE

PS4 has now past the 30 million mark!

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 30.2 million units worldwide as of November 22. PS4 continues to demonstrate the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation® hardware history.

PS4 is a uniform system on which gamers everywhere can enjoy the same high-quality digital entertainment experiences. The rapid expansion of the PS4 platform further reinforces the foundation of delivering compelling entertainment experiences. Customers can choose from multiple offerings available on this most favored platform that ranges from games on discs or through digital download to a variety of services available on PlayStationNetwork, including PlayStation®Plus membership service, apps for streaming video, music and TV content. The 30.2 million PS4 owners around the world are spending more time playing games and enjoying entertainment content as the company further enriches content and services.

"We are sincerely grateful that gamers across the globe have continued to choose PS4 as the best place to play since launch two years ago," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are committed to bringing engaging games and entertainment services to users worldwide. Thanks to the support of our partners, PS4 continues to be the premier platform for game and interactive entertainment innovation."

This is even before the Christmas shopping/Black Friday sales have begun. Crazy.

It's a juggernaught!

A great console I must say. I love the laughs we've all had on this... and still will have.

What makes that super impressive is the fact that Japan is barely contributing to console sales any more. They've sold about 28 million in the West alone.

What makes that super impressive is the fact that Japan is barely contributing to console sales any more. They've sold about 28 million in the West alone.

Its crazy to see how much the console market has shrunk over there. I'm looking forward to seeing how Nintendo's next generation handheld device will do over there. That market has already taken a hit this generation and it will be interesting to see if it shrinks any further.

Almost at Wii levels I think? What I really want is year on year sales figures for each console's lifetime(ie y1, y2 etc) so we can see how they all sold over time. Anyone know where I can either find them(so far finding mostly LTD) or possibly skip all the work and have them already on a graph? I don't GAF tho.

Another plus point about high sales - some of those will be almost guaranteed next gen sales for Sony too. I stand by the fact too many people focus on gen-by-gen, but I think doing well with one will set you a nice groundwork for the next(something which ails Nintendo, I think).

Another plus point about high sales - some of those will be almost guaranteed next gen sales for Sony too. I stand by the fact too many people focus on gen-by-gen, but I think doing well with one will set you a nice groundwork for the next(something which ails Nintendo, I think).

This is a key point.

Last generation, Sony never left the PS3 to die when the PS4 was coming. They got exclusives such as Beyond: Two Souls, Puppeteer, The Last of Us out on the platform and had help from 3rd parties to keep the platform going with stuff like Final Fantasy HD, Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5, Assassins Creed Rogue. It shows a sense of care and loyalty to the consumer.

The IGN guys on Nintendo Voice Chat were talking about this very topic earlier in the year. They said that because of the lack of third party, and the need to shift resources across two platforms, Nintendo consoles have a habit of having a very long, drawn out death, which leaves the costumer scraping for games to play.

Microsoft also don't do a good job of supporting their userbase near the end of a consoles life. The original Xbox was killed off very quickly to make way for the 360. The 360, despite having a great selection of games and genres in the early years, became a Kinect/TV box in the latter years. The constant milking of Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable didn't help matters either.

I know it's been a key point in that I don't want to buy an NX thanks to Nintendo's decision making and it's console this generation.

I know it's been a key point in that I don't want to buy an NX thank to Nintendo's decision making and console this generation.

Haha. Man, the Wii U has cut you deep, hasn't it? :D

Haha. Man, the Wii U has cut you deep, hasn't it? :D

Like you'd not believe!

I've enjoyed some games on it, but the majority of games have been below par and their multiplayer offerings have been dire because of the lack of in-game options and voice-chat... how they've made these games but restrict you from really enjoying the experience with friends is beyond me!

Seriously, if the NX doesn't have voice-chat at an OS level I'll not buy it... unless it's second hand and dirt cheap. They absolutely have to have party chat!

Edited by Kav

Like you'd not believe!

I've enjoyed some games on it, but the majority of games have been below par and thir multiplayer offerings have been sure because of the lack of in-game options and voice-chat... how they've made these games but restrict you from really enjoying the experience with friends is beyond me!

Seriously, if the NX doesn't have voice-chat at an OS level I'll not buy it... unless it's second hand and dirt cheap. They absolutely have to have party chat!

I honestly don't think it will have it. They had ample time to sort it on the Wii U but haven't. You also just have to look at their online games, none of which allow you to talk to each other properly. They either don't want it or just don't care. Hell, i'll be surprised if we actually get the ability to send each other messages, see a notification and then being able to reply at any point.

I honestly don't think it will have it. They had ample time to sort it on the Wii U but haven't. You also just have to look at their online games, none of which allow you to talk to each other properly. They either don't want it or just don't care. Hell, i'll be surprised if we actually get the ability to send each other messages, see a notification and then being able to reply at any point.

I agree, I don't think they will. I actually think their next home console (if completely separate from a handheld - not a hybrid of sorts) will sell worse than the WiiU. I doubt it'll break 10 million.

You really don't think Nintendo will up their game when it comes to their online infrastructure?

I'm quite sure the NX will have voice chat and the likes.

This is a key point.

Last generation, Sony never left the PS3 to die when the PS4 was coming. They got exclusives such as Beyond: Two Souls, Puppeteer, The Last of Us out on the platform and had help from 3rd parties to keep the platform going with stuff like Final Fantasy HD, Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5, Assassins Creed Rogue. It shows a sense of care and loyalty to the consumer.

I was no secret that I used to despise Sony for a variety of reasons, and I only ever picked up a PS3 when GAME were potentially going out of business; preowned and on the cheap so Sony didn't get any money from it and Game probably only made a small amount.

However - I'd obviously gotten to a point from where I disliked them to contemplating buying their system, even begrudgingly, and I think it's very much as you say. The PS3 was initially a flop for them(which I took some delight in) but they really worked at the system and turned it around, giving a good product and games to the end user, in addition to working to secure those exclusives as you mention. Whilst they might not have been for me, I couldn't help but respect the work they do to foster a successful product in the marketplace, and I honestly think if it wasn't for those efforts we wouldn't have ended up with something as wholesome as the PS4, nor that I'd ever have bought one. I honestly think it'd be pretty mad to tell me 10-15 years ago that I'd have a Sony system as possibly my primary means of gaming and that I'd absolutely love it too. I've only had the thing for like 3 months as well! I've got great faith in it meeting its market, and I think the sales are really demonstrating that as well.

Edited by Rummy

You really don't think Nintendo will up their game when it comes to their online infrastructure?

I'm quite sure the NX will have voice chat and the likes.

They'll up their game but with things like voice chat, no. They've had plenty of opportunities with games such as Mario Kart 8, Splatoon & Smash Bros to include voice chat and didn't see it as worthwhile.

I don't think they'll change their stance on voice chat during games and stick to it just being available in lobbies if at all.