NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Wii U sales really are dreadful. Let's see what spaltoon does for the platform.

lj4f3.jpg

Crazy to see the Xbox jump higher than the PS4. I mean, there was no big promotion or game out. All seems a bit odd. As you said though, it's great for the consumer and stops Sony getting too comfortable.

Microsoft have been aggressively cutting the price of the Xbox One. There are loads of offers around. Really aggressively cutting the price.

Microsoft have been aggressively cutting the price of the Xbox One. There are loads of offers around. Really aggressively cutting the price.

Very true.

I've just read the difference between the 2 consoles for that month was around 13k.

Those Wii U sales are laughable. Good lord.

3DS sales are also terrible in the West. As I've always said, a successor in 2016 just makes too much sense at this point.

Nintendo is "lucky" that their most succesfull games are theirs so they get most of the profit.

I really hope Bravely Second gets a good reception around the world.. It's an astounding game so far, and they definitely have ambitions to continue it if it performs well.

I really hope Bravely Second gets a good reception around the world.. It's an astounding game so far, and they definitely have ambitions to continue it if it performs well.

A lot of people got burned by the second half of the first game. It will be interesting to see how it sells if it gets a released in the west.

A lot of people got burned by the second half of the first game. It will be interesting to see how it sells if it gets a released in the west.

Although they tried to make it a lot more bearable for the Western release, it still didn't go down well and that's totally understandable. Though if you guys thought it was bad, consider yourself lucky you didn't go through the Japanese original release :P

Although I'm yet to finish Second, I am very much confident that the repetition bullshit is gone.

This weeks UK sales charts.

dkISrVX.png

pfKFySL.png

fy96lnR.png

x0FwKuM.png

See The Wonderful 101 made it back into the Wii U chart from absolutely nowhere. So what, 100-200 sales can get you number 5 on the chart? You've got to figure it's as a result of that sale on shopto last week that was only up for about 6 hours.

What kind of sales is Kirby doing? <1,000 most likely.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

God that's pretty dire an indication of the WiiU's state of affairs software wise atm :(

But they are still making a profit so.....

They should give sales on some of the more famous IP's, because I think that most people who really wanted it have already bought it, so now they could make few tens of millions on e-shop sales as all the money is going to them.

But they are still making a profit so.....

They should give sales on some of the more famous IP's, because I think that most people who really wanted it have already bought it, so now they could make few tens of millions on e-shop sales as all the money is going to them.

If you refer to profit from the past financial, I can't help but suspect their manufacturing costs were rather on the low side for the year - due to surplus stock from the original runs. I don't know, but I suspect they heavily over-manufactured for launch, plus suffered less than stellar sales, which meant sitting on a lot of stock for more than the year itself. That writes itself to loss in one year, but profit in another when they get shifted.

I do however agree on the big IP sales via eShop.

Aren't they making a profit mostly because of 3DS/amiibo though?

If you refer to profit from the past financial, I can't help but suspect their manufacturing costs were rather on the low side for the year - due to surplus stock from the original runs. I don't know, but I suspect they heavily over-manufactured for launch, plus suffered less than stellar sales, which meant sitting on a lot of stock for more than the year itself. That writes itself to loss in one year, but profit in another when they get shifted.

I do however agree on the big IP sales via eShop.

I know, also it had a lot to do with stronger dollar, but because I don't think that they will be manufacturing to much (we have seen the low prediction numbers) they should be able to make a profit again (of course if the launch some good titles).

Also, I do think that they will improve with on-line gaming. Splatoon is the start and I think that at the end it will be good (actually, the only problem now is the VC, everything else is there, or will be there - it's announced).

Aren't they making a profit mostly because of 3DS/amiibo though?

It is helping, but I think that they did say before that they will start making money from every unit sold, because of low production costs (as @Rummy said they had lot of the units in stock).

This weeks Japanese software and hardware sales.

1. [PS4] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – 15,913 / NEW

2. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 13,844 / 232,683

3. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition – 11,303 / 155,278

4. [3DS] Girls Mode 3 – 7,422 / 128,213

5. [PS4] Borderlands: The Handsome Collection – 5,944 / NEW

6. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 5,405 / 989,307

7. [3DS] Bravely Second – 5,260 / 134,905

8. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X – 4,236 / 101,511

9. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 3,648 / 2,622,489

10. [PS4] Dying Light – 3,252 / 44,450

11. [WIU] Mario Party 10 – 3,204 / 140,963

12. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 3,133 / 2,230,716

13. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 2,723 / 2,606,206

14. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 2,439 / 3,972,933

15. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online – 2,300 / 105,342

16. [PS4] Tropico 5 – 2,133 / 17,997

17. [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest – 2,072 / 117,161

18. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 2,041 / 636,111

19. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D – 1,944 / 84,347

20. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 – 1,863 / 100,345

1. PS4 – 11,489 (15,992)
  2. New 3DS LL – 11,340 (17,875)
  3. Vita – 10,685 (17,273)
  4. Wii U – 6,428 (11,137)
  5. New 3DS – 3,483 (5,446)
  6. PS3 – 2,964 (4,351)
  7. 3DS LL – 790 (1,358)
  8. 3DS – 742 (1,413)
  9. Vita TV – 439 (665)
  10. Xbox One – 148 (187)

Really poor hardware sales for everything this week. Xenoblade Chronicles X has broken the 100,000 barrier after 3 weeks. Expected so much better. Nintendo must be disappointed by that. And Monolith Soft, all that effort for so little reward. I hope we in the West show the game more respect.

I know its been said before but things really are horrific for the traditional games market over there. Sad times. :(

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. failed to make the top 20 on its debut and according to Famitsu it sold 1,835 copies in Japan. That's a complete and utter failure. There are games more than 6 months old that scrape into the charts with better sales.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. failed to make the top 20 on its debut and according to Famitsu it sold 1,835 copies in Japan. That's a complete and utter failure. There are games more than 6 months old that scrape into the charts with better sales.

BOMBA. Don't think I have seen a Nintendo published title bomb as badly before.

FFX did worse than I thought.

Also I know its been said plenty of times but Nintendo not being able get minecraft on it's platforms is criminal.

Just moneyhat it already!!

Edited by liger05

BOMBA. Don't think I have seen a Nintendo published title bomb as badly before.

Also I know its been said plenty of times but Nintendo not being able get minecraft on it's platforms is criminal.

Just moneyhat it already!!

It's Microsoft's franchise now. Whatever chance there was in the past of it happening are gone.

It's Microsoft's franchise now. Whatever chance there was in the past of it happening are gone.

Not really.

MS always said it would stay cross platform

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/15/microsoft-buys-minecraft-for-2-5-billion-will-still-be-on-playstation-4869776/

‘At Microsoft, we believe in the power of content to unite people. Minecraft adds diversity to our game portfolio and helps us reach new gamers across multiple platforms,’ he said.

‘Gaming is the top activity across devices and we see great potential to continue to grow the Minecraft community and nurture the franchise. That is why we plan to continue to make Minecraft available across platforms – including iOS, Android and PlayStation, in addition to Xbox and PC’.

Nintendo just messed up big time by not getting it on their platforms.

Not really.

MS always said it would stay cross platform

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/15/microsoft-buys-minecraft-for-2-5-billion-will-still-be-on-playstation-4869776/

Nintendo just messed up big time by not getting it on their platforms.

Maybe the 3DS but probably not there either. Playstation may be referring to Vita or Microsoft may have to honour whatever agreements were in place before the acquisition. Yes Microsoft don't mind putting games on platforms where they're not in direct competition from another competitor. Which is why we got Rare GBA and DS games.

I expect most people already bought the re-release on PS3 or Vita, think it was only released last year.

Maybe the 3DS but probably not there either. Playstation may be referring to Vita or Microsoft may have to honour whatever agreements were in place before the acquisition. Yes Microsoft don't mind putting games on platforms where they're not in direct competition from another competitor. Which is why we got Rare GBA and DS games.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-and-minecraft-what-the-heck-happened

I think Nintendo just has to or had to take the initiative to get the game on its platform. Considering it is on every other platform I don't think the developers would of been anti Nintendo. Nintendo just had to get it done and clearly didn't. Its baffling.

I expect most people already bought the re-release on PS3 or Vita, think it was only released last year.

True but even so 15k seems low. Xenoblade N3ds did better and the install base between PS4 and n3ds would be similar.

I know its been said before but things really are horrific for the traditional games market over there. Sad times. :(

Yet Animal Crossing has sold nearly 4 million copies!

££££££££