NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Mario Kart stayed at #2 behind Watch_Dogs but ahead of new release, Murdered Souls which came in #3. However, Mario Kart 8 had a 76% drop in sales. Goes to show how bad the UK gaming industry is at the moment.

Tomodachi Life opened at #15

Edited by Serebii

Without context that only really shows how bad the state of the Wii U is at the moment. How much did Watch_Dogs drop by?

Without context that only really shows how bad the state of the Wii U is at the moment. How much did Watch_Dogs drop by?

With it being number 2 still I don't think it just shows how bad the Wii u is.

Serebii was the one saying it wasn't good. I only meant that if (and only if) it wasn't good, that without context (ie how much Watch Dogs dropped), that can only be said of the Wii U's state...not the whole industry.

I don't really know if that drop is good or bad without comparing it to previous MK. To get a more accurate picture it would be best to look at previous ones. MK games are meant to have really long tails but I am unaware of the pattern, so this drop could be in line with other MK games, it might not. I have no idea.

TL;DR - There is nowhere near enough information to make any remotely accurate statement regarding the health of the industry as a whole; there is marginally more to make a statement about the Wii U, but still not enough.

What kind of numbers of games were being sold in the good days, just as a comparison?

MK8 is down a lot but then it had a barnstorming opening weekend within a highly confined userbase. It wasn't reasonable to expect it to maintain such high sales the following week. We don't know the drop on Watch_Dogs either so to make comments is a bit dangerous. Whilst highly unlikely, without data, we can't say that the sales didn't improve for last week. But when the two biggest games of the year release on the same day, I'd expect a sharp drop all round the following week.

And the other thing to remember is that people only have a finite amount to spend on games so if most users rushed out to buy WD or MK at launch, they aren't going to be in any hurry to throw down money on something else straight away. Tomodachi Life was never going to set the charts alight and Murdered: Soul Suspect hasn't been receiving glowing reviews either.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Has anybody seen the PS3 adverts?

Why are Sony advertising the PS3 instead of the PS4?

I wondered if it was to do with FIFA World Cup being on PS3 but generally bemused. I can't remember the last time I saw a Wii or 360 ad.

I wondered if it was to do with FIFA World Cup being on PS3 but generally bemused. I can't remember the last time I saw a Wii or 360 ad.

You know, I noticed one myself just the other day and thought the same.

Then I thought - why not? There's still money to be made in the PS3, and it's the cheap alternative to getting an expensive PS4. What if there's folks who used to game on a PS2 or something maybe, moved/grew out of gaming sort of - but now they start seeing adverts for the PS3? A nice relatively cheap and easy console with a plethora of equally cheap back catalogue games and content? To people like us, it isn't anything we don't know about, but there's very likely people out there who don't game as much as us and have little clue as to what a PS3 could offer them unless someone tells them?

I've not seen a Wii or a 360 advert since, well last year around November. I guess Sony want to advertise the PS3 still, but the only advert i've seen concerns the FIFA World Cup and not much else (i think this game is last-gen only, not current-gen). Nothing like getting a few extra sales on last-gen consoles.

As it's been said, the last gen has a shed load of great games to play to cover all genres. A good time to get a last-gen console, you'll never get board. All that cheap gold just waiting to be played.

I've seen PS4 adverts as well, last one was around the launch of Watch Dogs.

Do people actually spend money on Candy Crush?

No

Watch_Dogs dropped by 81%; 84% on PS4/Xbox One, 68% on PS3/360

Famitsu:

1. Nintendo 3DS LL 31,214

2. Wii U 12,576

3. PS Vita 10,696

4. PSP 10,498

5. PS4 8,010

6. PS3 6,041

7. Nintendo 3DS 5,502

8. PS VitaTV 808

9. Xbox360 109

1. Persona Q: Shadow of The Labyrinth (Atlus) 3DS – 186,398 (New)

2. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U – 75,030

3. Card Fight!! Vanguard: Lock on Victory!! (FuRyu) 3DS – 32,816 (New)

4. Yokai Watch (Level 5) 3DS – 25,145

5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chosen (Konami) PS3 – 16,072

6. Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda) PS4 – 10,144 (New)

7. Mobile Suit Gundam: Side Stories (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 7,730

8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chosen (Konami) 3DS – 6,976

9. New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) Wii U – 6,877

10. Wii Party U (Nintendo) Wii U – 6,549

Poor Hardware sales all around.

Great start for Persona Q: Shadow of The Labyrinth

Mazza Kart doing the business in the US.

#Nintendo said MK8 attach rate in US was 18% versus 7% for MK7. MK8 boosted WiiU sales 4.1x week over week v. MK7 2.4x

#Nintendo in analyst meeting said in usa sold 450k of MK8 in 3 days versus 250k on MK7.

UK CHARTS: MARIO KART 8 CLIMBS INTO SECOND POSITION, TOMODACHI LIFE SITS AT 12

This week’s UK charts are now in courtesy of GFK Chart Track. Mario Kart 8 continues to stick like glue to Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs, which claims the number one spot for the third week running, while the racing title moves from last week’s fourth to second in the individual chart. According to sales tracker UKIE, Mario Kart’s only one hundred sales behind multi-platform title Wolfenstein: The New Order in the all-formats chart – stellar news for Nintendo’s flagship title.

Returning to the individual chart, Tomodachi Life for Nintendo 3DS hasn’t managed to edge its way into the top 10 as yet, but it’s not far off and sits at 12 this week – up three from last week’s number 15. Pokemon Y also re-enters at number 37 this week, rounding off the top 40. You can take a look at the UK individual top 40 games chart below.

1. (01) [PS4] Watch Dogs
  2. (04) [WIU] Mario Kart 8
  3. (02) [360] Watch Dogs
  4. (03) [XBO] Watch Dogs
  5. (06) [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
  6. (10) [360] 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
  7. (07) [360] Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  8. (05) [PS3] Watch Dogs
  9. (08) [XBO] Titanfall
  10. (14) [PS3] 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
  11. (16) [PS4] FIFA 14
  12. (15) [3DS] Tomodachi Life
  13. (13) [PS4] Wolfenstein: The New Order
  14. (17) [XBO] Wolfenstein: The New Order
  15. (24) [360] Grand Theft Auto V
  16. (20) [360] Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
  17. (09) [PS4] Murdered: Soul Suspect
  18. (23) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V
  19. (19) [360] Call of Duty: Ghosts
  20. (25) [PS4] Call of Duty: Ghosts
  21. (28) [XBO] FIFA 14
  22. (27) [360] Titanfall
  23. (22) [360] Wolfenstein: The New Order
  24. (11) [XBO] Murdered: Soul Suspect
  25. (26) [360] The LEGO Movie Videogame
  26. (35) [360] Terraria
  27. (18) [360] FIFA 14
  28. (31) [XBO] Fighter Within
  29. (30) [360] Battlefield 4
  30. (29) [PS3] Call of Duty: Ghosts
  31. (39) [360] Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
  32. (RE) [PS3] Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
  33. (32) [PS3] Gran Turismo 6
  34. (37) [360] LEGO The Hobbit
  35. (RE) [PS4] Infamous: Second Son
  36. (34) [PS3] Wolfenstein: The New Order
  37. (RE) [3DS] Pokemon Y
  38. (RE) [PS3] Battlefield 4
  39. (RE) [360] Skate 3
  40. (33) [360] Murdered: Soul Suspect

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/16/uk-charts-mario-kart-8-climbs-into-second-position-tomodachi-life-sits-at-12/

MK8 is showing a decent bit of traction.

Considering Mario Kart 8 only had two days on sale in May, that's spectacular.

Hardware sales for Wii U were up 85% on the past May, too.

Considering Mario Kart 8 only had two days on sale in May, that's spectacular.

Hardware sales for Wii U were up 85% on the past May, too.

Considering how bad last may was that's no surprise.

Again with the percentages. I refused to post that. The real number is 60,000 Wii U's were sold this May and that's not great. June will be more telling and should be a lot higher.

Edited by Wii

Are you capable of having some positivity? Good god man. You're more pessimistic than pessimistic pete from Pessimistington on a very pessimistic day.

Why can't you let a positive be a positive?

To hell with the Wii U, the real story is the Vita numbers. It done 3k in April and shot up to around 56k in May!

Here's rough numbers for this month across all the consoles.

PS4 ~ 197k

3DS ~ 97K

XB1 ~ 77k

Wii U ~ 61k

360 ~ 57k

PSV ~ 56k

PS3 ~ 36k

Wii ~ 11k

To hell with the Wii U, the real story is the Vita numbers. It done 3k in April and shot up to around 56k in May!

Here's rough numbers for this month across all the consoles.

I thought those numbers were unconfirmed.

What the hell brought that Vita jump?

I thought those numbers were unconfirmed.

What the hell brought that Vita jump?

That's why I used the term rough numbers.

Last May the 360 sold double Wii U's 60,000 this year and it didn't have any major releases. Nintendo had skipped sending out NPD press releases for much of last year. They sent one out for May boasting about the 3DS but completely blanking the Wii U's performance. I wonder what Nintendo will do this time.

Dude, why are you banned on Gaf? Nothing to do with this topic, I know. I 'm just curious. :D

Are you capable of having some positivity? Good god man. You're more pessimistic than pessimistic pete from Pessimistington on a very pessimistic day.

Why can't you let a positive be a positive?

Ironic coming from you.