NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Okay, what do the flashing blue and green dots on my Pokémon Icon on the main 3DS screen actually mean? I've no idea and I don't seem to get any obvious notification when I load the game?

Oh and does anyone want to trade my GAME Electabuzz for their GAME Magmar?

Aaaaaand why can't I ask for certain Pokémon in the GTS (i.e Togepi, the X one etc.!?

Blue icon: SpotPass

You have received a special SpotPass message onto the Holo Caster (eccessed via the PSS Menu). It has automatically downloaded

Green icon: StreetPass

You passed someone with your 3DS. You have a StreetPass News Holo Caster message and various PokéMiles.

You can ask for any Pokémon on the GTS. If you haven't seen them, you have to manually enter the name, found right at the bottom of the menu.

Quick question for anyone that has me added, can you tell me what my friend safari contains? Also if anyone has Ditto friend safari would really appreciate an add, trying to get into breeding for the first time ever.

Quick question for anyone that has me added, can you tell me what my friend safari contains? Also if anyone has Ditto friend safari would really appreciate an add, trying to get into breeding for the first time ever.

Flying type. Doduo, Hoothoot and Tropius.

Finally got around to beat this today. Needed something do while watching World Cup.

Kinda get tired of the formula and I feel no desire to collect them all liked I used too. Think I'll skip the next generation unless they change things up quite drastically.

Finally got around to beat this today. Needed something do while watching World Cup.

Kinda get tired of the formula and I feel no desire to collect them all liked I used too. Think I'll skip the next generation unless they change things up quite drastically.

Thought X/Y was meant to freshen things up a bit? Most the people I've Streetpassed recently have been playing it so its still as popular as ever. That's a bit annoying if the series is getting stale - I reached the point you're at with Pokémon Diamond (didn't even reach the E4) but thought I might return to the series one day, nonetheless...!

I can easily understand the series getting stale for some people. X was my first Pokemon game and I really enjoyed it but in the last couple of gyms I was avoiding as many battles as possible and it was all getting a bit repetitive. Nice game though.

Thought X/Y was meant to freshen things up a bit? Most the people I've Streetpassed recently have been playing it so its still as popular as ever. That's a bit annoying if the series is getting stale - I reached the point you're at with Pokémon Diamond (didn't even reach the E4) but thought I might return to the series one day, nonetheless...!

The only difference between this and the last is prettier graphics.

X and Y really got me interested in the Pokemon again. Hadn't completed a Pokemon game since Gold and Silver and I sunk an almighty (for me) 100+ hours into Y. It seemed like they did a lot right with online interaction in the new generation - not that there isn't still a long way to go - and oddly enough I'm now very excited about remakes from the exact generation where I stopped caring before.

Not excited enough to care if they come out here a few days later than other regions mind you, but still pretty excited.

I think it's going to be really hard for them to shake the series up because of how much work has gone into developing the meta game. With the introduction of pokemon bank aswell it's hard to imagine them radically changing in the near future.

What I will say is the online is fantastic, everything looks prettier and they've done their best to streamline things and make the game more enjoyable (like the multiple use of TM's), but ultimately getting through the main game is a grind.

And new Pokemon, maybe? With new movesets and abilities that shake up one of the key aspects of the game?

Mega-Evolution?

Super Training...?

What do you want changed?

Quick question, can I save my save data for this onto my 3DS? I'm gonna sell it, but I may want to revisit it years from now?

And new Pokemon, maybe? With new movesets and abilities that shake up one of the key aspects of the game?

Mega-Evolution?

Super Training...?

What do you want changed?

New Pokemon is always nice, not arguing against that. Don't care about new moves though. I never participate in tournaments, real life or in game, so I only choose between the ones the Pokemon learns by levelling and am fine with that. I usually turn off the animation at one point too, because I feel it drags out the game way too much. Probably turned them off at halfway this time.

I was never intereted in mega evolution. Most I didn't like, Charizard included, and I was disappointed it was only temporarily. Only got myself a Charizard shortly after I learned about mega evolution in the game, just to see it in action, and then never touched it again. Actually totally forgot about it when I picked up the game and until you just mentioned it. I'm not saying it's a bad feature, it just didn't appeal to me.

Super training was painful, physically. I felt it was oriented towards right handed people too, with me having to move around with the left hand, forcing me to use the stylus with my right hand. I tried to get that stone from super training for the Sword and Shield Pokemon, but gave up and beat the game without evolving him.

As for what I want changed, mainly the story and the way you progress through the game. I don't care about beating gyms anymore. It's the same thing, same story, every time.

@Phube : doubt so, the save is tied to the card. It would be a different story if you had a digital version of the game.

@Phube : doubt so, the save is tied to the card. It would be a different story if you had a digital version of the game.

Cheers.. but errrr.. if I had a digital copy I couldn't sell it! lol

You can use the save data transfer tool, but that only goes physical to digital, it can't go the other way so if you sell it and get it again, you'd have to get it digital

Don't you need to own the digital version for the tool to work?

Honestly, if you think you might want to play it again just keep the game.

Just store all your Pokémon in Bank, be sure to pay the fee, and just come back later.

Just saw this. Oh hells no. Do you really want me to break out the Serebii listing skills? :P

New Pokemon is always nice, not arguing against that. Don't care about new moves though. I never participate in tournaments, real life or in game, so I only choose between the ones the Pokemon learns by levelling and am fine with that. I usually turn off the animation at one point too, because I feel it drags out the game way too much. Probably turned them off at halfway this time.

I was never intereted in mega evolution. Most I didn't like, Charizard included, and I was disappointed it was only temporarily. Only got myself a Charizard shortly after I learned about mega evolution in the game, just to see it in action, and then never touched it again. Actually totally forgot about it when I picked up the game and until you just mentioned it. I'm not saying it's a bad feature, it just didn't appeal to me.

Super training was painful, physically. I felt it was oriented towards right handed people too, with me having to move around with the left hand, forcing me to use the stylus with my right hand. I tried to get that stone from super training for the Sword and Shield Pokemon, but gave up and beat the game without evolving him.

As for what I want changed, mainly the story and the way you progress through the game. I don't care about beating gyms anymore. It's the same thing, same story, every time.

I understand what you mean, but to fair - it isnt the same story or the same thing everytime - Especially when it came to X/Y, I felt the most change with those. I pretty much stopped the games at Black/White for feeling too samey.

I think the whole choose starter, be a champion is a staple and shouldn't be messed with.

But I do feel for people like yourself, and me also there is an opportunity to change the whole system on a home console version. Like have the story as the strongest point and omit the gyms etc... Kind of like a good Final Fantasy with turn-based Pokemon battles... Competitive play, super training etc can be left to the handheld.

I want:

To be challenged more at the start. I lost 1 battle in the whole game (an unexpected sky battle with only one poorly flyer). I want to meet level 30's when I only have lvl 8's. Actually losing to a wild Pokémon!

More than four moves. .. maybe a staple but it really irks me that I have to waste a slot for fly or cut otherwise I can't progress in the world.

For type weaknesses to make sense.

I want:

To be challenged more at the start. I lost 1 battle in the whole game (an unexpected sky battle with only one poorly flyer). I want to meet level 30's when I only have lvl 8's. Actually losing to a wild Pokémon!

More than four moves. .. maybe a staple but it really irks me that I have to waste a slot for fly or cut otherwise I can't progress in the world.

For type weaknesses to make sense.

1. To an extent, I agree. But if you overlevel, of course it'll be easy

2. That would massively screw the balance of the game. Never going to happen.

3. It does.

2. That would massively screw the balance of the game. Never going to happen.

Mind if I asked why?

Of course it'd screw up the balance if they just shoe horned it in to a current generation game, but I'm very doubtful that implementing a fifth move with the necessary work that'd come in to adjust things around it would massively screw up the balance as you put.

I think if they ever did implement a fifth move, it'd be implement in one of these two ways:

Something comparable to mega evolution but available to nearly every Pokemon. You'd have your standard four moves but a specific move slot would flip to another move, and you wont be able to move back to it for the rest of the battle.

A dedicated HM slot. I imagine that'd piss people off who like to use HM slaves, but if your team is even remotely varied it would even matter as you'd be able to distribute the HM moves across your whole party without wasting move slots, which is typically why the idea of the HM slave exists.

By giving an extra move slot, you completely change up strategies. Pokémon will become more overpowered and it'd be absolute carnage. They didn't select 4 on a whim.

A fifth move for something comparable to a Mega EVolution...no that too would be broken.

As for a dedicated HM slot, that goes against the concept of HMs. It'd be a bit pointless.

By giving an extra move slot, you completely change up strategies. Pokémon will become more overpowered and it'd be absolute carnage. They didn't select 4 on a whim.

.. Isn't that the point people are making by asking for a new move slot? You've kinda missed my point, you say Pokemon will become overpowered but I specifically said that it would indeed be unbalanced if they shoe horned it into the current generation. If they put it into a new generation and actually made the game around it, it wouldn't be overpowered. But who am I kidding about balance with Game Freak, they introduced Fairy to lessen the advantage of Dragons and all they really did was replace top dog!

A fifth move for something comparable to a Mega EVolution...no that too would be broken.

You have a terrible habit of not elaborating my friend :P

As for a dedicated HM slot, that goes against the concept of HMs. It'd be a bit pointless.

The concept of the HM is a means of limiting the player's movement so they stay within the confines dictated by their current state in the game is it not? They basically function as player controlled 'flags', for example the drunkard (well, he wasn't a drunkard in the English translation) acts as post that will check that you have flagged the requirement of owning the Pokedex, so you could view the water you traverse or the tree you cut down as a post that not only do you need to meet the requirements of, but actively perform.

Thus, I can't see how giving HM moves their own individual slot (and can't be used in battle unless you indicate you want it in your choice of 4, I should add) would make it pointless. If any thing, the HM system is probably the most annoying aspect of the story progression and tends to be why I play the base game with a team of 5. I'm definitely not alone in this.

.. Isn't that the point people are making by asking for a new move slot? You've kinda missed my point, you say Pokemon will become overpowered but I specifically said that it would indeed be unbalanced if they shoe horned it into the current generation. If they put it into a new generation and actually made the game around it, it wouldn't be overpowered. But who am I kidding about balance with Game Freak, they introduced Fairy to lessen the advantage of Dragons and all they really did was replace top dog!

You have a terrible habit of not elaborating my friend :P

The concept of the HM is a means of limiting the player's movement so they stay within the confines dictated by their current state in the game is it not? They basically function as player controlled 'flags', for example the drunkard (well, he wasn't a drunkard in the English translation) acts as post that will check that you have flagged the requirement of owning the Pokedex, so you could view the water you traverse or the tree you cut down as a post that not only do you need to meet the requirements of, but actively perform.

Thus, I can't see how giving HM moves their own individual slot (and can't be used in battle unless you indicate you want it in your choice of 4, I should add) would make it pointless. If any thing, the HM system is probably the most annoying aspect of the story progression and tends to be why I play the base game with a team of 5. I'm definitely not alone in this.

By change up, I don't mean in a good way. By adding a fifth move, it would just destroy everything. Say you have a Scolipede. Instead of using it for setup or as an attacker, you have enough moves to do both and destroy. By not limiting the moves, you can let people run with everything. Pokémon will no longer have gaps people can take advantage of and so forth.

As for the Mega Evolution style thing, having something like that which doesn't have a hindrance would be horrifically broken. That's why Mega Evolution exists and takes up the item slot. It makes it so you have to strategically think if it is actually worth it. Just having anything similar and having it as a slot every Pokémon has would be horrific and pointless.

As for HMs, the idea is for them to be moves with outside effects that you use to progress. Having an HM slot would screw with balance due to point 1 and screw with the entire concept