NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Got a Sylveon trained up (boy it's a pain evovling Eevee into this). Not sure if I should give it toxic or not but I like the current moveset.

What's the quickest way to level up? Been using the Battle Mansion(sp?) but some extra methods would be nice.

Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose: Triple Battle.

Lucky Egg on the Pokémon you're training. Just before the battle, use Exp. Point Power on yourself. It'll last the entire battle.

You'll make the money back that it costs (especially if you have an Amulet Coin on one of your Pokémon) to do, and you can get a Pokémon up 30 to 40 levels each time you go through.

======

For those of you in the UK, it has been announced by MCV that on this Friday, April 4th 2014, players of Pokémon X & Pokémon Y will be able to go to GAME stores and receive a Serial Code for Magmar for Pokémon X & Electabuzz for Pokémon Y. No purchase is necessary for this, you just have to ask the staff for the code. It is not known if these Pokémon have anything special.

======

For those of you in the UK, it has been announced by MCV that on this Friday, April 4th 2014, players of Pokémon X & Pokémon Y will be able to go to GAME stores and receive a Serial Code for Magmar for Pokémon X & Electabuzz for Pokémon Y. No purchase is necessary for this, you just have to ask the staff for the code. It is not known if these Pokémon have anything special.

They will hold their item to make them evolve when traded.

As a Pokémon novice: What is the point of having a Pokémon evolve when you trade it? :wtf:

They will hold their item to make them evolve when traded.

As a Pokémon novice: What is the point of having a Pokémon evolve when you trade it? :wtf:

Simple. To encourage friendship, trade, social encounters.

Simple. To encourage friendship, trade, social encounters.

But I don't want those things, I want MY Pokémon!! :(

Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose: Triple Battle.

Lucky Egg on the Pokémon you're training. Just before the battle, use Exp. Point Power on yourself. It'll last the entire battle.

You'll make the money back that it costs (especially if you have an Amulet Coin on one of your Pokémon) to do, and you can get a Pokémon up 30 to 40 levels each time you go through.

Had a level 1 Hondege with me and it was level 30 by the time I finished. That's with forgetting to use EXP Power. Managed to get Sylveon and Greninja over level 50 after 2 runs.

Can't find my Lucky Egg, not sure if even picked it up yet.

Okay two questions from a novice:

1) why didn't my Machoke evolve when I traded it online?

2) Now that I have 8 gym badges, beaten the Elite 4 aaand the Champion. Is there any where I can fight NPC's (or wild pokémon) whose levels are over 70? I'm getting bored grinding on level 30-50 wild Pokemon. ..

Okay two questions from a novice:

1) why didn't my Machoke evolve when I traded it online?

2) Now that I have 8 gym badges, beaten the Elite 4 aaand the Champion. Is there any where I can fight NPC's (or wild pokémon) whose levels are over 70? I'm getting bored grinding on level 30-50 wild Pokemon. ..

1) Was it holding an Everstone?

2) Battle Chateau can have up to Level 70s with the Black Writ of Challenge. Alternatively, I level up by going to Restaurant Le Wow, throwing a Lucky Egg on my Pokémon and using the O Power Exp Point Power Lv. 3. Gets my Pokémon up 30 or so levels in like 5 to 10 minutes. The Pokémon there are Level 63.

1) Was it holding an Everstone?

2) Battle Chateau can have up to Level 70s with the Black Writ of Challenge. Alternatively, I level up by going to Restaurant Le Wow, throwing a Lucky Egg on my Pokémon and using the O Power Exp Point Power Lv. 3. Gets my Pokémon up 30 or so levels in like 5 to 10 minutes. The Pokémon there are Level 63.

1) No I don't think so...

2) Errr... what's a Lucky Egg? And whet are those O Powers that weird chap keeps canging on about?

Riight... now im annoyed! I've just Wonder traded Seadra (with Dragon Scale) and buger all! :{

Riight... now im annoyed! I've just Wonder traded Seadra (with Dragon Scale) and buger all! :{

There's the issue. You're Wonder Trading so you don't get the evolved Pokémon.

There's the issue. You're Wonder Trading so you don't get the evolved Pokémon.

Eh, that makes no sense!? But at least now I know! Chars!

If you need a trade partner just ask. If your using wonder trade then your not going to get your Pokemon back.

There used to be an "exploit" with the GTS where you put it up for trade then do a search and trade with someone else then take back yours (ask for something impossible to trade for when you put up yours) and it will evolve.

Eh, that makes no sense!? But at least now I know! Chars!

You see the person you wondertrade gets the pokemon and not you. There are rare occasions when you can trade it back or you get the pokemon you wondertraded, but it's very rare unless you wondertrade common pokemon. The best way to get reliable trading partners are forums like here or ask close friends.

In other news, I caught a shiny venomoth in friend safari. I was actually looking for shiny gloom, but ended up getting one in GTS.

Got my first shiny, a shiny Tyrunt! :)

Also, hate the Pokemon Black transfer, I just want to move my Pokemon over without playing a mini game.

Got my first shiny, a shiny Tyrunt! :)

Also, hate the Pokemon Black transfer, I just want to move my Pokemon over without playing a mini game.

Congrats on the shiny! Tyrantrum shiny is awesome

Has anyone ever got their pokemon back from wondertrade? I've heard it's happen to some people. Although quite rare. I would understand if it's something that's quite common in the games.

^ Nope, but I probably won't notice anyway unless there was something specifc about it. ;)

Congrats on the shiny! Tyrantrum shiny is awesome

You're certainly not wrong.

IMG_20140413_171452.jpg

IMG_20140413_180231.jpg

Shame about the nature, but I only bred a couple to throw on the GTS (the second one I hatched was shiny). It has perfect HP and Special Def though.

Used to see it quite a lot before PokeBank but no one seems to use it these days.

Blowing all my Poké Miles on that awful browser balloon popping game. Are the points it gives just random?

Blowing all my Poké Miles on that awful browser balloon popping game. Are the points it gives just random?

Yeah. It's ridiculous.

^ Nope, but I probably won't notice anyway unless there was something specifc about it. ;)

You're certainly not wrong.

IMG_20140413_171452.jpg

IMG_20140413_180231.jpg

Shame about the nature, but I only bred a couple to throw on the GTS (the second one I hatched was shiny). It has perfect HP and Special Def though.

Used to see it quite a lot before PokeBank but no one seems to use it these days.

You need some of those elemental bites bro. (Unless you're using its other ability).

You need some of those elemental bites bro. (Unless you're using its other ability).

Unfortunately those can only be obtained by breeding

Those are egg moves, right? So I can't get them on that Tyrantrum. I wasn't breeding a competitive one anyway (although I think I might now).

Edit: Beaten by the Pokemon Professor.

Ahh okay ' yeah egg moves and the only real way to take advantage of its Strong Jaw other than the dark Bite and Crunch.

Okay, what do the flashing blue and green dots on my Pokémon Icon on the main 3DS screen actually mean? I've no idea and I don't seem to get any obvious notification when I load the game?

Oh and does anyone want to trade my GAME Electabuzz for their GAME Magmar?

Aaaaaand why can't I ask for certain Pokémon in the GTS (i.e Togepi, the X one etc.!?

Edited by Phube