NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

I stand corrected, but come on, this stuff wasn't worthy of a "Updated Pokedex with leaked information, be cautious of spoilers"? The way you gave in to it last time was perfect, spoiler tagged to cater for those who want to or don't want to see.

What's there to post about? I've already posted their existence, now I just don't want to inform people that there are working cheat devices outright

What's there to post about? I've already posted their existence, now I just don't want to inform people that there are working cheat devices outright

I think the fact that a certain Pokémon is not just a simple recolour and has a lot more going for it may actually be news worthy as it's pretty much the first time this has happened in Pokémon.

You needn't mention the 'cheat device', just that details have leaked. Surely, considering you identify yourself as a journalist, you'd actually report this? Seems odd you'd call foul of my remark of chicken shit when you were clearly trying to have these updates as inconspicuous as possible by not even adding your front page note that your PokeDex has been slightly updated like you usually do once new information comes in :P

I think the fact that a certain Pokémon is not just a simple recolour and has a lot more going for it may actually be news worthy as it's pretty much the first time this has happened in Pokémon.

You needn't mention the 'cheat device', just that details have leaked. Surely, considering you identify yourself as a journalist, you'd actually report this? Seems odd you'd call foul of my remark of chicken shit when you were clearly trying to have these updates as inconspicuous as possible by not even adding your front page note that your PokeDex has been slightly updated like you usually do once new information comes in :P

I've also been on the receiving end of a legal colonoscopy from Nintendo, so I don't wish to anger them again :p

I've also been on the receiving end of a legal colonoscopy from Nintendo, so I don't wish to anger them again :p

I can definitely sympathise with that worry, that's gotta be pretty shit.

But surely there's only a limit to what they can do? Surely, now that the game is out and accessible every where, anything found within those games, intended or not, is fair play to publish? The one worry is publishing images direct from the game.

This Pokemon thing is serious business.

I can definitely sympathise with that worry, that's gotta be pretty shit.

But surely there's only a limit to what they can do? Surely, now that the game is out and accessible every where, anything found within those games, intended or not, is fair play to publish? The one worry is publishing images direct from the game.

This Pokemon thing is serious business.

Perhaps, but it's best to not stab the sleeping bear

what leaks are you two on about now? wheres the context? googling brings up nothing but useless and obviously fake results about pokemon Plus and Minus (one a 3DS game the other a WiiU game with inter-connectivity)

what leaks are you two on about now? wheres the context? googling brings up nothing but useless and obviously fake results about pokemon Plus and Minus (one a 3DS game the other a WiiU game with inter-connectivity)

Cheat device making event only things accessible to cheaters

Er so I just got a Xerneas over Wondertrade. Think it's shiny. Hax?

Also why can't you transfer shiny Victini from B/W?

Er so I just got a Xerneas over Wondertrade. Think it's shiny. Hax?

Also why can't you transfer shiny Victini from B/W?

Victini can't be shiny without cheats.

Are you sure Xerneas is shiny? Is its body white? Last I checked it couldn't be sent over Wonder Trade

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/716.shtml Left is normal, right is shiny

Victini can't be shiny without cheats.

Are you sure Xerneas is shiny? Is its body white? Last I checked it couldn't be sent over Wonder Trade

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/716.shtml Left is normal, right is shiny

Xerneas isn't shiny afterall, I thought it didn't look right so I assumed it was shiny. ::shrug: Almost feel bad for sending a Charmander, could have easily been a Bidoof so they were lucky. :laughing:

Got a perfect IV Charmander yesterday but I can't be bothered to EV train it. :p

I've only got 2 days left of the free Bank trial just in case anyone else needs to transfer some Pokes before it expires.

I just got Pokemon Y today, and I have to say that I'm pretty damn impressed. The online and trading aspect is really well integrated, and everything else is so much better too. This is like the total opposite of Nintendo's Wii U online shenanigans, wth? Well I'm not complaining, finally a Pokemon game worth playing!

I usually go with fire starters, but this time I felt like picking Chespin since the Naught is so damn badass. I already managed to get a Froakie through random trades, only missing Fennekin now! If someone has a spare, I'll gladly take one.

I just got Pokemon Y today, and I have to say that I'm pretty damn impressed. The online and trading aspect is really well integrated, and everything else is so much better too. This is like the total opposite of Nintendo's Wii U online shenanigans, wth? Well I'm not complaining, finally a Pokemon game worth playing!

I usually go with fire starters, but this time I felt like picking Chespin since the Naught is so damn badass. I already managed to get a Froakie through random trades, only missing Fennekin now! If someone has a spare, I'll gladly take one.

One of us. One of us. One of us. :D

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. If you need any help, just let me know :)

@Serebii Haha, thanks man. I've always liked the series, but the games just weren't doing it for me anymore. However, a totally different story with this gen!

The trade functions are just damn good. I now have the whole starter team thanks to wonder trade and the GTS, just like when I played gens I & II with my brother. Now that's online done right! #amazing

So I backed up my original Pokemon (and Yellow) saves from my original carts this weekend. Pretty nostalgic and pretty embarrassing looking back to my younger self at the same time.

PokemonRed-title.png

#PokemonMaster No GTS back in those days to help you catch 'em all.

PokemonRed-charizard.png

I had some pretty bad movesets back in those days.

PokemonRed-Snorlax.png

Level 256 Snorlax from the Cinnibar Island glitch.

PokemonRedBoxFullofMews.png

For some reason I have boxes full of Mew. Why I needed that many I will never know because Mew is awesome, that's why.

PokemonRed-MissingNo.png

MissingNo. Turned into a Ditto?

Shame my Gold & Crystal saves didn't survive. Haven't gone through Yellow properly yet.

Completed my living PokeDex yesterday. PokeBank finally made the idea of making one far too irresistible

This is primarily aimed at @Serebii , but does any one know whether it boils down to the language of Pokemon or the region of Pokemon that counts towards breeding for a shiny with the Masuda Method?

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. Would Pokemon caught on a European copy set to Japanese and traded to another European copy set to English count as a foreign Pokemon? Or would it be European/UK and therefore considering a native?

This is primarily aimed at @Serebii , but does any one know whether it boils down to the language of Pokemon or the region of Pokemon that counts towards breeding for a shiny with the Masuda Method?

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. Would Pokemon caught on a European copy set to Japanese and traded to another European copy set to English count as a foreign Pokemon? Or would it be European/UK and therefore considering a native?

Language. Only language

My favourite thing about gen 6 is the new trading functions and mega evolutions. Also loving the new fairy type. The Pokemon are adorable and the typing has really shaped up things that make the games more interesting.

Has anyone tried to be a one-type Pokemon trainer?

Really tempted to re-invent my Pokemon career as 'King Vile'... Poison-type King... Venusaur, Greninja (protean w/ toxic spikes), Crobat, Drapion, Nidoking and Dragalge/Tentacruel/Weezing.

Ahhhhh yeeeeeah :awesome:

Edited by King_V

I generally favour ghost types when i play, i think i've had a maximum of 3 ghost types in a party at any one time

I once raised a Bug-type team. Worked really well. I use Bug-types now. Bug-types are cool.

===

I've been testing out some Doubles teams of late. Not one person has used the strategy I'm using, and I checked with the statistics on the PGL, though it seems a couple are outside of Special Battles. Catches a lot of people out, but isn't guaranteed to work.

Just the way I like it, really. I'd rather lose testing something awesome and gimmicky than win with what people deem a standard.

I once raised a Bug-type team. Worked really well. I use Bug-types now. Bug-types are cool.

===

I've been testing out some Doubles teams of late. Not one person has used the strategy I'm using, and I checked with the statistics on the PGL, though it seems a couple are outside of Special Battles. Catches a lot of people out, but isn't guaranteed to work.

Just the way I like it, really. I'd rather lose testing something awesome and gimmicky than win with what people deem a standard.

Love the bugs - what do you use? (Baton pass Ninjask?)

Love the bugs - what do you use? (Baton pass Ninjask?)

The team was Scizor, Scyther, Volcarona, Escavalier, Galvantula & Armaldo.

Though, I have recently sorted a Scolipede, which has taken many a Pokémon down, and am testing out Mega Pinsir

The team was Scizor, Scyther, Volcarona, Escavalier, Galvantula & Armaldo.

Though, I have recently sorted a Scolipede, which has taken many a Pokémon down, and am testing out Mega Pinsir

Mega Pinsir was my first step into the world of raising a Pokemon in a completely specific way, with IV's where I needed them to be, effort value trained and with an ideal nature and I fucking loved the results. It's insanely strong as it is, but the thing just turns ridiculous if you get the opportunity to use Swords Dance. Mine's adamant, but I may try for a Jolly natured Pinsir to see what I prefer as the extra speed is always something I've kind of wanted for the guy.

Talking about breeding though, I was going for a 5IV Timid Froakie with Protean the other day and wound up hatching a shiny one without a perfect Special Attack stat and with Torrent as the ability ;__;

Eighty fucking percent chance of inheriting the mothers ability and it failed me at a critical moment! haha

Mega Pinsir was my first step into the world of raising a Pokemon in a completely specific way, with IV's where I needed them to be, effort value trained and with an ideal nature and I fucking loved the results. It's insanely strong as it is, but the thing just turns ridiculous if you get the opportunity to use Swords Dance. Mine's adamant, but I may try for a Jolly natured Pinsir to see what I prefer as the extra speed is always something I've kind of wanted for the guy.

Talking about breeding though, I was going for a 5IV Timid Froakie with Protean the other day and wound up hatching a shiny one without a perfect Special Attack stat and with Torrent as the ability ;__;

Eighty fucking percent chance of inheriting the mothers ability and it failed me at a critical moment! haha

If you manage to get off a Swords Dance, even Quick Attack on Mega Pinsir is somewhat brutal, especially as it gets priority.