NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

I'm about to get my second one. Will definitely be getting membership for my Japanese Pokemon Bank, it's cheaper and with the amount of Pokemon I have from my wonder trade hoarding, I'm going to need that extra space!

Good to see it's here at last. As I'm still working my way through Mario and Luigi Dream Team at the moment, I haven't really got the time to devote to transferring all my Pokémon over, but maybe that'll be a job for half term in a few weeks' time. I did transfer one box over from Black, though, and blimey, it took a long time! Can't believe you have to transfer box by box, switching between the Bank and Transporter apps each time, then to get your Pokémon from Bank onto your X/Y cart, you have to transfer each Pokémon individually with the d-pad and buttons. Seriously, Nintendo? ::shrug: I've got a full Pokédex on my Black cartridge to move over, so it's going to take a looong time...

Press start twice to turn the pointer green, this will let you select multiple Pokemon at once.

Press start twice to turn the pointer green, this will let you select multiple Pokemon at once.

Ah, brilliant, I knew I'd seen more than one selected at once on a video somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me figure how to do it! :bowdown:

This seems fairly good so far. Nice and snappy, decent UI. So happy I can finally store my Pokemon somewhere permanently and not have to worry about the cartridge dying one day.

This seems fairly good so far. Nice and snappy, decent UI. So happy I can finally store my Pokemon somewhere permanently and not have to worry about the cartridge dying one day.

Just have to make sure to keep up your yearly subscription. Hopefully they'll inform you as it nears the end

As I posted on Miiverse earlier, I finally completed my National Pokédex today! IMG_3808_zpsaa148016.jpg

And as an extra, here's a video of all 718 on my PC!

Edited by Mike

I do have a question. I really want Bulbasaur and Squirtle, are all Pokemon in the wild or do you have to do trading and stuff?

I do have a question. I really want Bulbasaur and Squirtle, are all Pokemon in the wild or do you have to do trading and stuff?

Those you require trading to get, if you selected Charmander.

Make an egg of charmander, hatch it, trade it for squirtles and bulbasaurs online. Easiest/quickest way. Either that or go to a friend's safari zone and catch second stage starters from them (Wartortle/Charmeleon/Ivysaur). Safari Zone is end game though.

Make an egg of charmander, hatch it, trade it for squirtles and bulbasaurs online. Easiest/quickest way. Either that or go to a friend's safari zone and catch second stage starters from them (Wartortle/Charmeleon/Ivysaur). Safari Zone is end game though.

How do I make an egg of Charmander? Do I need a female version and let them get freaky-deaky in the Pokeball?

Add me up and I'll trade you over a Bulbasaur and Squirtle if you still need 'em.

How do I make an egg of Charmander? Do I need a female version and let them get freaky-deaky in the Pokeball?

You can leave two pokémon of different genders in the proper Day Care Center (don't know where it is in X/Y, though) and after a while, my goodness, an egg will appear, and one of the caretakers will give it to you. After walking with it for a while, a baby of the mother's gender will hatch.

However, if you fix up your Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard of any gender with a Ditto, a baby Charmander will pop out anyway. That's a thing that Ditto can do.

They don't get freaky-deaky in the Pokéball, though. You couldn't even fit both inside.

Pokémon for me has never been about catching them all.

I always caught a select handful and nurtured the hell out of them. Then, slowly but surely, I would catch more and watch them grow up as well, but I never went out of my way to catch 'em all, not even after the Elite Four.

I'm simply dying to play X or Y, but monies seem to be an issue :(. Still, I have plenty to go through before I get this.

Add me up and I'll trade you over a Bulbasaur and Squirtle if you still need 'em.

What Pokemon do you want in exchange?

You can leave two pokémon of different genders in the proper Day Care Center (don't know where it is in X/Y, though) and after a while, my goodness, an egg will appear, and one of the caretakers will give it to you. After walking with it for a while, a baby of the mother's gender will hatch.

However, if you fix up your Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard of any gender with a Ditto, a baby Charmander will pop out anyway. That's a thing that Ditto can do.

They don't get freaky-deaky in the Pokéball, though. You couldn't even fit both inside.

I know where the Day Center is, I walked past it! Okay, so I need a Ditto? Okay...where are they at? Ugh! So much I don't know!

I never used to be bothered about catching them all but Pokemon X really makes me want to get all of them.

I know where the Day Center is, I walked past it! Okay, so I need a Ditto? Okay...where are they at? Ugh! So much I don't know!

Both Serebii.net and Bulbapedia should be able to help you with specific information like that. I used a combination of both in the past to great effect.

(Alternatively, if you have already seen one, just check its "Location" page in the Pokédex)

I need all of the starter Pokemon, to be honest. I need the old starters more because, y'know, I love them to bits! :)

Another question I have: If you already own the Pokemon in the third evolution, on the pokedex, would it still count the first and second evolution as yours? Like, right now, I have a Charizard so would it say that I own a Charmander and a Charmeleon even though I sort of don't know...if this makes sense?

I need all of the starter Pokemon, to be honest. I need the old starters more because, y'know, I love them to bits! :)

Another question I have: If you already own the Pokemon in the third evolution, on the pokedex, would it still count the first and second evolution as yours? Like, right now, I have a Charizard so would it say that I own a Charmander and a Charmeleon even though I sort of don't know...if this makes sense?

The Pokédex keeps information on any pokémon you've ever owned, even if briefly. So, if you raised that Charizard from the moment he was a Charmander, its previous evolutions won't leave your Pokédex.

However, if someone traded that Charizard to you, it would means you never owned a Charmander/Charmeleon in the first place, so you would have to go make some eggs to get them.

Just got a hold of the new leaks a couple of days after they hit the internet. It's a shame the usual go to places for Pokémon news are all too chicken shit to report anything, I might have heard about it a little sooner!

This is big news though. Ignoring the actual content that got leaked, it's clear that the game is now manipulable over wireless, PokeGen is going to be coming back pretty soon I guess

Just got a hold of the new leaks a couple of days after they hit the internet. It's a shame the usual go to places for Pokémon news are all too chicken shit to report anything, I might have heard about it a little sooner!

This is big news though. Ignoring the actual content that got leaked, it's clear that the game is now manipulable over wireless, PokeGen is going to be coming back pretty soon I guess

Chicken shit?

Please. You know that's bull.

I'm just not going to advertise a cheat device.

Besides, I did post about their existence back in October.

Edited by Serebii

Such a shame that hackers always end up spoiling these games. Is it laziness on Game Freaks part? Could they have done much more to stop such things?

I'm glad this generation I can at least go to StreetPass meetups and play proper legit players who don't cheat/hack stuff. I wouldn't be bothering to train a team otherwise, not had good experiences online in any of the previous games.

Such a shame that hackers always end up spoiling these games. Is it laziness on Game Freaks part? Could they have done much more to stop such things?

I'm glad this generation I can at least go to StreetPass meetups and play proper legit players who don't cheat/hack stuff. I wouldn't be bothering to train a team otherwise, not had good experiences online in any of the previous games.

The good thing is, these things can't be traded over the Internet, so they won't spread beyond people who have the device.

Chicken shit?

Please. You know that's bull.

I'm just not going to advertise a cheat device.

Besides, I did post about their existence back in October.

I stand corrected, but come on, this stuff wasn't worthy of a "Updated Pokedex with leaked information, be cautious of spoilers"? The way you gave in to it last time was perfect, spoiler tagged to cater for those who want to or don't want to see.