NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

My graphics card died 45 minutes before this "official" announcement

but i knew all about it anyway

corrected that for you:p

Okay...I'm excited for this. Like, very excited :bouncy:

Yay, finally an European region! I could see them doing what Hamishmash had done with his Fakemon, and have each city represent a country, but I prefer it this way.

Also, Baguette pokémon, calling it now. And Mélusines, while I'm at it.

I'm calling a snail like Pokemon with a play on escargot! :P

If Magcargo isn't one of the regional pokemon available before national dex i'll actually eat some escargot

tumblr_mgb50mB07C1rko1p5o1_400.png

This seems pretty interesting. In the second picture the trainer doesn't have the sunglasses, so maybe we do get character customization!

Oh I love.

I dont have a 3DS though. I wonder if this will be a true step though for the games...or is it still a 'side-game'? I mean it looks like the 3-D version of Pokemon, but will they keep making the old style ones with the colours?

X and Y. Hmm. A joke. I'll lol if they theme it around chromosomes/sex.

Yay Europe

Well Pokemon revealed on the 8th Jan 2013, To be released in 9 months.

Will they reveal a handful of new Pokemon per month?

Why reveal the game when the launch is so far away, I'd of been happy to see this at e3 when the wait wouldn't be as unbearably long :(

It's GTA5 teaser trailer all over again :(

(yes I'm impatient)

Why reveal the game when the launch is so far away, I'd of been happy to see this at e3 when the wait wouldn't be as unbearably long :(

(yes I'm impatient)

Be glad the release is (pseudo)simultaneous worldwide, else it'd have been 2014 :p

(yes I'm impatient)

its better than when it was launched in japan and we waited 1/2 years for the games to be localized THAT was unbearable

My graphics card died 45 minutes before this announcement

Wow! Didn't think the game's graphics were that amazing!

So. Do you miss the sprites? (Hate to say I told you so but... :p)

Edited by Dcubed

Wow! Didn't think the game's graphics were that amazing!

So. Do you miss the sprites? (Hate to say I told you so but... :p)

Yeah, but the way they did it is the way they promised to. They said they'd switch to 3D models if they could find a way for them to be stylistic and amazing.

They've done this like Layton. 3D models that could be sprites if you're looking at a still

Yeah, but the way they did it is the way they promised to. They said they'd switch to 3D models if they could find a way for them to be stylistic and amazing.

They've done this like Layton. 3D models that could be sprites if you're looking at a still

Yeah, it is kinda similar in that respect I guess.

What's really weird to me is that the battles look so much better than the field visuals that it's just crazy. It's like they're running on two different engines, with the field stuff running on Golden Sun Dark Dawn's engine (just beefed up slightly) and the battles running on the Pokedex 3D engine (albeit with cel shading turned on)

I'm not the only one who sees the really glaring similarity between PKMN XY's field and GSDD am I? (Even the interactions like the vine swinging look like they were ripped straight out of it!)

Edited by Dcubed

They said they'd switch to 3D models if they could find a way for them to be stylistic and amazing.

Seems they gave up this goal.

Just saying :heh:

Also feel the actual game info should be thripped from the squeeing/Serebii's guide to why you're all wrong....but I'm busy.

DNA (well Male and Female versions actually) came to my mind first with the X and Y, hadn't even thought of it as co-ordinates.

I thought Z could be about some new creational element/story. There are Pokémon from other worlds/dimensions after all aren't there.

Maybe Pokémon Z will let you run diagonally.

OH THE HIGH BROW HUMOUR!

So France now.

That image of the globe is so vague.

FrigginEiffel_zps3bf725df.jpg

This is much clearer, oui?

- Name suxxorz

- Logo roxxorz

- Starting Pokemon awesomerz, love them. Better than other gens.

- Chespin is the shit, but I have to pick fire, obviously.

- France? Sweet!

- Whoa cool!

- Gonna get a 3DSXL LL X1

- Worldwide similar release? Nicely played Nintendo.

- Announcing games 9 months before release instead of two months before release - actually fucking exciting. YES Nintendo. YES.

- Now announce some Wii U games.

Oh look, more of the same! Again.

Pass. Again. Way to completely kill my interest in a franchise, Nintendo. You've got the touch... you've got the power.

Am I really the only one who's annoyed that the Pokemon series has seemingly become part of the "Yearly Sport Title" bunch? The main games have all essentially been the same since the first gen with incremental graphical and character roster upgrades tacked on.

Red/Blue and Silver/Gold are still some of my favourite games of all time, but this formulaic approach to the series has completely stopped me from truly enjoying any of the other games as much as I did the first 2 gens. I'll admit I did have some fun with Ruby and Diamond, but the series has felt hollow for me since the 3rd gen and by the time B&W came around I just completely lost interest in it 6 or 7 hours into the game due to familiarity. I want something different, something new. I want Nintendo to make me love the Pokémon games again and this is not the way to do it.

Sorry for being such a negative Nancy about this, but it really does irk me. Especially because Pokémon used to be one of my favourite IPs and now it's just... barren (imo, obviously).

Normally all about the water starters but Fennekin is the only decent looking one. I will have to wait and see the final forms though. Best looking fire starter since Charmander!

Can't wait to see how Fennekin will evolve into Fire/Fighting :P

Normally all about the water starters but Fennekin is the only decent looking one. I will have to wait and see the final forms though. Best looking fire starter since Charmander!

Cheskins the shit!

I want to do a Pokemafia.

If it goes fire/fighting I will be extremely disappointed and that'll put me off it. Cheskin is an otter with a green hat =\ how is that grass.

Do a pokémafia though ;)

I noticed someone postulate that it looked like the battle models are the ones they made for Pokédex 3D, but obviously with different shading arrangements; perhaps to fit them all in the game. Does this sound feasible?

Oh look, more of the same! Again.

Pass. Again. Way to completely kill my interest in a franchise, Nintendo. You've got the touch... you've got the power.

Am I really the only one who's annoyed that the Pokemon series has seemingly become part of the "Yearly Sport Title" bunch? The main games have all essentially been the same since the first gen with incremental graphical and character roster upgrades tacked on.

Red/Blue and Silver/Gold are still some of my favourite games of all time, but this formulaic approach to the series has completely stopped me from truly enjoying any of the other games as much as I did the first 2 gens. I'll admit I did have some fun with Ruby and Diamond, but the series has felt hollow for me since the 3rd gen and by the time B&W came around I just completely lost interest in it 6 or 7 hours into the game due to familiarity. I want something different, something new. I want Nintendo to make me love the Pokémon games again and this is not the way to do it.

Sorry for being such a negative Nancy about this, but it really does irk me. Especially because Pokémon used to be one of my favourite IPs and now it's just... barren (imo, obviously).

I know how you're feeling, mon brave.

I buy a new Pokémon game primarily for the new adventure that awaits you with new Pokémon, but I'd be lying if I said I admire the direction the series has been taken in.

Now there are some creative spin-offs, but the main games keep getting minor updates after minor updates.

I'd say Pokémon X and Y are a safe update into the 3D world, a very safe one, from what I've seen, though I bet there will be some very cool use of the 3DS's features (streetpass, and online connectivity).

Now we all know the games won't be leaving there trusted formula anytime soon, but the question is with what could they replace this formula to make the series feel fresh again.

I'd say creating some sort of battle system that isn't turn-based but real-time would be a start, though that would also come with it's fair share of problems. BUT I WANT TO FIGHT LIKE THEY DO IN THE ANIME!!!

(I am going to buy either Y or X, by the way, because I love the journey :D)

Edited by Fused King

I noticed someone postulate that it looked like the battle models are the ones they made for Pokédex 3D, but obviously with different shading arrangements; perhaps to fit them all in the game. Does this sound feasible?

Indeed it does :)

I know how you're feeling, mon brave.

I buy a new Pokémon game primarily for the new adventure that awaits you with new Pokémon, but I'd be lying if I said I admire the direction the series has been taken in.

Now there are some creative spin-offs, but the main games keep getting minor updates after minor updates.

I'd say Pokémon X and Y are a safe update into the 3D world, a very safe one, from what I've seen, though I bet there will be some very cool use of the 3DS's features (streetpass, and online connectivity).

Now we all know the games won't be leaving there trusted formula anytime soon, but the question is with what could they replace this formula to make the series feel fresh again.

I'd say creating some sort of battle system that isn't turn-based but real-time would be a start, though that would also come with it's fair share of problems. BUT I WANT TO FIGHT LIKE THEY DO IN THE ANIME!!!

(I am going to buy either Y or X, by the way, because I love the journey :D)

As I wrote in ONM, why should they change the entire genre of the game. You don't see people asking that of the other video game franchises, so why Pokémon?