NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

I'm running an Eevee factory over here and They're coming off my conveyor belt one after another.

Next target = Froakie.

Ok so I have added...

@Hero\-of\-Time, @Eightbit, @Serebii, @Ramar... also @Daft adddddd meeeee (please) :)

If anyone else would like to add me then go ahead, '@' me and I'll add you back. :D

Right gonna get properly stuck into the game now, I've only played a 'shameful' less than 8 hours since Thursday - been busy with work - I intend to at least double that play time today. :p

Can I ask a typically stupid question as someone who's never played Pokemon game but is keen to try this one? Is there a storyline, with an ending etc? Can you beat the game or is it open ended like Animal Crossing.

Spent a bunch of time this morning maxing out Affection on my Snorlax. Apparently the stat won't ever drop once it's maxed out.

I'm up to 5 Eevees now :3 I've found a leaf stone and a fire stone so far... aaaand i think that this "whipped dream" sweet might be something to do with evolving the fairy type?? description says it's a sweet treat loved by "a certain pokemon" ...any ideas, anyone??

I'll go on an adding rampage this afternoon once jamba and i have done the weekly shopping (dull!) and watched Korra (yay!)

...speaking of Korra... i re-nicknamed my Fennekin "Pabu" ^____^

Loving the game so far - havent even gotten to the 2nd gym yet as there's so much to do.

I'm up to 5 Eevees now :3 I've found a leaf stone and a fire stone so far... aaaand i think that this "whipped dream" sweet might be something to do with evolving the fairy type?? description says it's a sweet treat loved by "a certain pokemon" ...any ideas, anyone??

I'll go on an adding rampage this afternoon once jamba and i have done the weekly shopping (dull!) and watched Korra (yay!)

...speaking of Korra... i re-nicknamed my Fennekin "Pabu" ^____^

Loving the game so far - havent even gotten to the 2nd gym yet as there's so much to do.

How do you re nickname??

How do I take off the rollerskates? Currently have Froakie, Spewpa and Pikachu in the party, right before the first gym.

How do I take off the rollerskates? Currently have Froakie, Spewpa and Pikachu in the party, right before the first gym.

Du ar Norske? :)

use the dpad to walk.

Can I ask a typically stupid question as someone who's never played Pokemon game but is keen to try this one? Is there a storyline, with an ending etc? Can you beat the game or is it open ended like Animal Crossing.

Yes you can beat the game. You can expect the trademark Pokemon campaign/story here. Go town to town and challenge all the gyms, take on the League and become the Pokemon Master of that region.

The real fun is everything else.

Sylveon_Nymphali_Feelinara-300dpi-478x600.jpg

To get Sylveon firstly you have to max out it's happiness, then teach it a Fairy type move and finally level up.

EDIT: Perhaps it will be better if you watch this:

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

Is it a good idea to pick two starters from different types? Just trying to figure out which two I will choose.

Du ar Norske? :)

use the dpad to walk.

So I can't use the stick to walk? That's insane. The skates slows me down in grass and makes me ram into houses and chairs and whatnot...

Also is there a particular button I have to press to get my 3ds friends to show up on the pss?

Hit the Internet and they'll show in the top row. Annoyingly their actual name is never shown so you'll have to make do with their in-game names.

Middle row is for acquaintances you interacted with.

Bottom is passers by.

----

As for movement, d-pad all the way. The circle pad is awful for regular movement.

Is it a good idea to pick two starters from different types? Just trying to figure out which two I will choose.

That would be best. The way I see it, you only have six slots in your party so you should cover as many Pokemon types & attack types as you possibly can.

How do you re nickname??

I've been wondering this - I'm got that lil' firebird thingy as the mystery gift who's obviously a Simon.

That's a little strange. I tried adding your code just now, maybe it was hiccuping?

The code you posted in this thread is wrong, I was able to add you using the one under your avatar though. Two of the numbers are swapped round.

When/where do you get pokemon-amie? I'm at lumios city and I don't have one?

That would be best. The way I see it, you only have six slots in your party so you should cover as many Pokemon types & attack types as you possibly can.

Thanks, I have plenty to learn as a Pokemon newbie!

Im assuming this will be hard to answer as its so opinion based but I'll ask anyway. Ive bought most of the Pokemon games (I think Black/White 2 was the only I didnt) but have only really enjoyed Blue and Sapphire, I just seem to buy the others in the hopes that I will recapture the enjoyment I had with those two. Do you guys think there is enough about this one to make it worth getting for me? Also I dont just need a load of yes its awesome answers because you are loving it, I get that part lol

Im assuming this will be hard to answer as its so opinion based but I'll ask anyway. Ive bought most of the Pokemon games (I think Black/White 2 was the only I didnt) but have only really enjoyed Blue and Sapphire, I just seem to buy the others in the hopes that I will recapture the enjoyment I had with those two. Do you guys think there is enough about this one to make it worth getting for me? Also I dont just need a load of yes its awesome answers because you are loving it, I get that part lol

Yes... it recaptures the same feeling for me as playing Blue for the very first time but obviously with all the added advancements that have been added over time, there are more than enough new features this time around especially to warrant purchase, plus a lot of the new Pokemon are fantastic in addition to their being a lot of old favourites right from the very beginning. :)

Also the level of online integration is particularly impressive for a portable Nintendo game, they really don't have many excuses left after releasing this, GameFreak are really showing them how it's done! :D

I did the exact same thing, so far I've managed to paralyse everyone except for Emolga so I'm thinking that Electric Pokemon can't be paralysed anymore, if that's the case then can fire types get burnt/Ice frozen/Poison poisoned etc?

Electric types can't be paralysed. Even moves like stun spore doesn't work. Not sure about moves that have secondary effects, like body slam but I suspect not.

Where can you catch Eevee?

I've been wondering this - I'm got that lil' firebird thingy as the mystery gift who's obviously a Simon.

Ahhh Ahhh there's a name rater in the pokemon centre in Camphrier Town. :)

Named my doublade Buster Sword. ;)

Edited by King_V