NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

I'm level 30+ and I haven't even arrived at the town with the second gym, I'm double the level of wild and trainer Pokemon - am I overlevelled? It's getting really hard not to OHKO wild Pokemon I want to catch.

Talonflame is total shit. Fire / Flying is a wank combo. It may look great, but it is not a strong Pokemon!

All about Hawlucha!

It's getting really hard not to OHKO wild Pokemon I want to catch.

A little high I'll admit :heh:

Part of the reason why my party are at 22-25 (same stage as you right now). but you can fix that by just using a Pokemon that can paralyze, coupled with capture o-power = good times.

Talonflame is total shit. Fire / Flying is a wank combo. It may look great, but it is not a strong Pokemon!

All about Hawlucha!

Mine is. Yours must suck. :p

I regret evolving Chespin...

If I had a Chespin, I wouldn't evolve it.

A little high I'll admit :heh:

Part of the reason why my party are at 22-25 (same stage as you right now). but you can fix that by just using a Pokemon that can paralyze, coupled with capture o-power = good times.

Seriously? Not sure how that even happened. I did grind a little but didn't do it that much.

Been using Hondage since he was lagging behind but he's beginning to catch up level wise. I made Pikachu forget Thunder Wave in place of Nuzzle which sounded like it guaranteed paralyse and a bit of damage but it doesn't.

Maybe I'll switch my team up for a bit, might be a good excuse to use Charmander/Torchic.

Ok I've added @ReZourceman, @Serebii, @gmac, @King_V and @Guy. If there's anyone else who wants an add let me know.

This game definitely feels like the step up that BW & BW2 weren't (sorry Serebii, but they weren't much different from Gen IV). This has so many small things that I like.

• Exp when catching
  • Exp Share being a key item!
  • Diagonal movement
  • Character customisation
  • Always online - Big feature if it works like I hope
  • Save time - how quick?
  • Animation and polish - Wind sweeping through grass, leaves falling. Simple stuff like that.

Mine is. Yours must suck. :p

I'd expect yours to be if it's level 30 odd and you haven't even done the second gym! :heh:

I'm not really enjoying the new Exp Share - I'm finding that I'm almost always just using my one or two weaker Pokémon, as the higher levelled ones are taking care of themselves. I preferred rotating around who I had in the lead in the old games. Saying that though, I don't want to switch it off, as I'd feel I would be wasting time grinding unnecessarily!

I must be stupid or I have missed a hm move, but can't figure our how to get down the cliff path after you get the coastal dex. Can anyone help?

Alright! Added @Serebii, @Ramar and @gmac. Go ahead and do your part ;)

BTW, is it just me or is Exp Share completely broken? It seems to make the game waaaaayyy too easy (I'm not even at the 2nd gym yet and my Pokemon are already at around level 23-25! They'll start disobeying me soon! :o )

Yeah... Been having way too much fun messing around with the PSS, PR Videos and customisation stuff :)

I must be stupid or I have missed a hm move, but can't figure our how to get down the cliff path after you get the coastal dex. Can anyone help?

Go down the steps inside the aquarium. :)

Go down the steps inside the aquarium. :)

Stupid question 2 - where is the aquarium? I'm on the path where you get coastal dex after exiting tunnel.

Doh- rock jump puzzle. Sorted.

Edited by Gentleben

I'm not really enjoying the new Exp Share - I'm finding that I'm almost always just using my one or two weaker Pokémon, as the higher levelled ones are taking care of themselves. I preferred rotating around who I had in the lead in the old games. Saying that though, I don't want to switch it off, as I'd feel I would be wasting time grinding unnecessarily!

I second this! The first pokémon in my party is always the weakest and the strongest is in the last slot. I'm rarely switching my pokémon at all now but I think they are starting to level out.

For me this is the first Pokemon game where I haven't just breezed through with a high level starter Pokemon. My team are pretty evenly levelled and all quite useful in battle.

I'm level 30+ and I haven't even arrived at the town with the second gym, I'm double the level of wild and trainer Pokemon - am I overlevelled? It's getting really hard not to OHKO wild Pokemon I want to catch.

Yeah, I've been like that through the whole game. I'm level 65 now and I've still got 2 badges to collect. I've not even done any grinding for levels either.

I personally love the EXP share thing as I'm no longer forced to use Pokemon to get them to evolve. If you don't like it then simply switch the EXP share thing off.

Added @Ramar & @The Peeps

I made Pikachu forget Thunder Wave in place of Nuzzle which sounded like it guaranteed paralyse and a bit of damage but it doesn't.

I did the exact same thing, so far I've managed to paralyse everyone except for Emolga so I'm thinking that Electric Pokemon can't be paralysed anymore, if that's the case then can fire types get burnt/Ice frozen/Poison poisoned etc?

Ugh! The caves are such a goddamn tease! They all seem to support S3D and they look SO MUCH BETTER than the rest of the overworld (Glitterstone cave in particular looks really nice)

You can really tell that they originally designed the overworld with full S3D support in mind and they just couldn't pull it off. Looks so flat compared to the caves :(

Flabebe and it's evolutions are totally AWESOME BTW! I already love the fairy types so far :D

I'll be adding you later on @Adthegreat Be sure to add me!

Caught another Eevee. Deposited it on the GTS for a Charmander.

30 seconds later I got a Charmander.

Now I'm going to deposit the Charmander for a Bulbasaur.

Eevee is the golden ticket.

EDIT: Got a Bulbasaur.

Edited by -Dem0-

....then i just got a golden ticket :grin:

sadly my golden ticket is male so i will be running around in the roses for a bit longer until i catch me a female and run off to the day care centre.

I'm loving the Pokémon-Amie thing. :love:

The mini-games are like bad flash games, but so much fun for some reason. :D

Also discovered that it's possible to throw a cupcake away if you scroll through them too quickly. I did that by accident, and Pikachu watched in horror as the cupcake flew off the screen! He was seriously pissed with me after that. :laughing:

Since using Pokémon-Amie I've noticed that Pikachu is behaving differently in battle too, getting boosted Exp and he also survived what was certainly a KO hit, being left with 1HP! :o

Nice. I'm yet to try the GTS.

I remember trading loads of Magnemite on Black 2, as that seemed to be the golden ticket then. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

Since using Pokémon-Amie I've noticed that Pikachu is behaving differently in battle too, getting boosted Exp and he also survived what was certainly a KO hit, being left with 1HP! :o

Yup, I thought it was a nice little mode for improving your Pokemon's happiness but in truth it does more than that. I used it for about 10 minutes on Pikachu & Charmeleon and had already received XP bonuses at the end of battles.