NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Wow October, I'm very impressed, I was expecting Summer next year for us at the earliest. Yeah I'm excited. I like the new starters, the frog is awesome.

They have gotten rid of the Pokemon sprites which is sad, but the 3D models look very cool.

Some of the graphics looked very poor but I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

They did say it's not final.

There is one difference between the two streams and it's rather important

In the Japanese stream, Iwata emphasised the word 「ほとんど」. Although having a new series title come out in the same month world wide is quite a feat, don't fully expect it to land on the same day worldwide. ほとんど basically means "mostly, nearly" etc and it seemed to indicate there may be a slight delay between launches.

Did you notice that in the shot of the forest, the male player character was being followed by the female player character who was moving independently? Simultaneous play?

Froakie looks great! :love:

The graphics seem like a half-step up from the DS, but they're still charming. So are the legendaries supposed to visually form an X and Y shape? *watches again*

The dude was roller skating in one of the clips. No more bicycle?

Froakie will be mine. It's time to end the Grass Starter streak.

Did you notice that in the shot of the forest, the male player character was being followed by the female player character who was moving independently? Simultaneous play?

It didn't look like she was moving independently to me, but the female character in that scene is different from the other female character we saw.

But if that is the case, player customisation confirmed!

I'm not convinced that was the female player character. In other clips she's wearing a red hat. Would be cool though.

Is this running on the Golden Sun Dark Dawn engine outside of battles!? It looks so similar it's actually creepy!

Could Camelot have given Game Freak their DS engine? (maybe even co-developing?)

So are the legendaries supposed to visually form an X and Y shape? *watches again*

Pokemon_X_and_Y.jpg

That may be the case.

The style of the 'Y' resembles the talons/feathers of that legendary.

this actually looks cool, and going to buy this one, but i hoped for a Wii u pokemon, and cell shaded actually fits for pokemon

The room with the giant cobweb pretty much confirms a Bug Gym. Also the Eiffel tower like structure, a Europe theme this time?

I’m convinced there is character customisation. That mirror shot is just perfect for it. Both characters designs are much more bland then usual and his sunglasses look really awkward.

That’s what I’m hoping anyway.

What starter I choose depends on it's moveset and the other Pokemon that will make up the party.

Chespin.jpg

But I'm liking Chespin already.

Really like the art style that they've gone for and finally a simultaneous launch.

The nostalgia trip in the Direct was pretty cool too.

Can't help but feel the graphics are a bit shit.

/BurstsEveryonesBubble

Can't wait to see how Fennekin will evolve into Fire/Fighting :P

A fourth Fire/Fighter starter!?

Don't think it'll happen.