NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Oooh, this has actually left me somewhat excited!

I'm crossing my fingers for a sweet new spin-off, by the way.

I'm really excited to find out what this is all about!

I know everybody is hoping for a full 3D game, but I actually would prefer a world made of beautiful spritework haha

I will be sad to see the Pokemon sprites go.

Me too, but the Pokedex 3D models are so good that it would be a crime not to use them really.

Besides, it means that the can do much more with the environment design now (assuming that they ditch the tile format and go with full 3D environments like in Zelda or Pokemon XD/Colloseum)

Who says sprites are going? The developers have been saying they'll stick to sprites as long as they can because they feel they can be far more artistic with them

This is either genius insider information or someone with too much time on their hands. Let us know what you think, Joe

The announcement is, more or less, a love letter to the franchise. It's being called Pokemon Rainbow, a 3DS game that encompasses the settings and Pokemon from generations 1-4: Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl. You can take my word for it that the graphics are done up very nicely. The perspective is similar to what you'd expect from Pokemon games, but the camera is much more dynamic. The graphical style is characterized by very clean, dark lines. Almost cartoonish, but not quite. Battles look radically different, and move away from the use of pixel art. Though it seems that the interface is still made of pixels. The battle that it shown is between a totally new trainer and a wild Weedle. The trainer uses a Pikachu.

I'm not privy to any story details, as I only know what will be announced tomorrow. The story is concurrent with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 in terms of timeline. There are over 20 new Pokemon, and two will be revealed tomorrow. One is an evolution of an older Pokemon Eevee, called Draconeon. The other is a totally new Pokemon, called Verbill. It looks like a rodent, much like the Pokemon Patrat, but has a sort of pirate theme going on.

A Wii U app will be launched along with the game, which will be announced tomorrow. However, all that will be said is that the app will be addressed "at a later date". The logo for the app features a globe with Pikachu, Munna, Treeko, Cyndaquil, and Piplup popping out from various countries.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193851

Me too, but the Pokedex 3D models are so good that it would be a crime not to use them really.

Besides, it means that the can do much more with the environment design now (assuming that they ditch the tile format and go with full 3D environments like in Zelda or Pokemon XD/Colloseum)

That's the thing. The areas in Colosseum etc. were bland, much more bland than the ones in Black 2 & White 2.

That's the thing. The areas in Colosseum etc. were bland, much more bland than the ones in Black 2 & White 2.

One is a cheap spinoff made by a B Team, the other is a big mainline title with 3 years worth of development.

The one point of concern I have with this is Gamefreak's lack of experience in developing 3D games (yeah the DS titles had 3D environments, but still had 2D gameplay).

Mind you though, Creatures have gained experience from the PokePark titles and there's nothing stopping Nintendo from throwing their own staff and tech into the fray to bulk up Game Freak's arsenal...

Potentially, it could really bring a whole new dimension (literally even!) to the exploration element of Pokemon's gameplay, with dynamic and interactive environments :)

Alternatively, how about a Paper Mario style game?

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah you get off on it :heh:

Breaking news! @Fierce_LiNk and I found a new Pokémon! It's apparently called Cheerkip.

tumblr_mfgdhlvdzr1rxyvj1o2_400.gif

Edited by Ashley

This may / undoubtedly wishful thinking, but since it's simultaneous I foresee Iwatu doing minimal talking and blowing us away with footage of:

• Pokemon Snap 2 Wii U (game pad used in a similar style to the plaza in Nintendo Land)
  • Updates to Pokedex app on 3DS
  • New Pokemon RPG game that can be played on both WiiU and 3DS (ala Monster Hunter) with cell shading graphics.

Nintendo, you have our attention!

Cool I can't wait it be good if its Pokemon Rainbow then I can play Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl in one game

I never know what to expect / guess at but what I really don't want is a spin off.

Please no more mystery dungeon or any of that stuff.

I want new Pokemon game - it's out next week, you choose your generation of 'mon and only they are available in the wild until you complete / do certain stuff in game. Battles are now Pokemon Stadium style with 3d graphics etc, online battles also play this way - HM's are removed never to be seen again, Eevee is your starter and you evolve him / her how you wish and Starmie features on the box art in shiny artwork.

I honestly do not think I am asking for too much nor am I suggesting ridiculous things that don't even make much sense.

Just make it happen Nintendo.

I never know what to expect / guess at but what I really don't want is a spin off.

Please no more mystery dungeon or any of that stuff.

I want new Pokemon game - it's out next week, you choose your generation of 'mon and only they are available in the wild until you complete / do certain stuff in game. Battles are now Pokemon Stadium style with 3d graphics etc, online battles also play this way - HM's are removed never to be seen again, Eevee is your starter and you evolve him / her how you wish and Starmie features on the box art in shiny artwork.

I honestly do not think I am asking for too much nor am I suggesting ridiculous things that don't even make much sense.

Just make it happen Nintendo.

Out next week??? You hate me, don't you :p

Don't worry, Mystery Dungeon was just released so it's not likely to come again :)

Out next week??? You hate me, don't you :p

Don't worry, Mystery Dungeon was just released so it's not likely to come again :)

Haha - of course I don't hate you!!

But one thing with Pokemon games that annoys me is it's announced and then 'COMING SUMMER 2014' - Whut.

After playing Zelda on Nintendo Land I'm now more hyped than ever for a Pokémon Snap 2, moving the Gamepad around the room to catch those 'mon. Oh man.

PLEASE.

Pokemon x Hunter

Nintendo plan on taking over Japan and then declare war on the rest of the world is one step closer.

Some concept artwork has already been shown.

rab0270.JPG

5379223_700b.jpg

tumblr_m76t6uWXA51rn4obco1_1280.jpg

I'd be happy if it was a sequel or re-release of the Pokemon Trading Card GBC game...

Pokemon_Trading_Card_Game_-_2000_-_Nintendo.jpg

... can I get a 'hell yeah!' ? :awesome:

... can I get a 'hell yeah!' ? :awesome:

HELL YEAH!

Though I would rather they just release the original of the VC.

Masuda increases the speed of the hype train.

At last! The time has come.

On Tuesday, 8th of January. At 8.00pm of Japan time,we will announce some Pokémon news to everyone!!

I would like everyone to check it out!

I would like everyone to share this moment with your family, love ones, friends and colleagues!! Of course, everyone who love Pokémon, but those who don’t know Pokémon yet are also welcome to join us!

I want everybody to check this info, therefore please spread and share this information at office,school, club activities, any circle!!

I would like everyone to share and spread this news widely!

In Japan You can check official Pokémon website at 8:00PM on January the 8th.

For the exact time of the announcement in your time zone, please check the official Nintendo website.

You can find the links below.

I am also looking forward to it!

Ciao!

Wifi Event Pikachu coloured Raichu.

After how hyped Masuda was with the Electro Ball Mewtwo, anything can happen

After how hyped Masuda was with the Electro Ball Mewtwo, anything can happen

He didn't hype that. The fandom did

He didn't hype that. The fandom did

Serebii, shhhh

There is no place for logical thinking here

Now back to the topic at hand, yes, Pokemon should definitely become more of a mature game. First person battles and every attack is a ranged attack that you must aim at Pokemon and throwing a pokeball works the same way when the critter is limping away and cursing.

Pokemon should also have regenerating health so it can appeal to the Call of Duty audience and an in depth romancing system so hot Wailord on Skitty action is more challenging, with Jennifer Hepler of Bioware fame as a guest writer.