NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

If you don't care too much about skipping some of the story, I would actually recommend jumping straight to B/W2. I had difficulties playing through Black and White 2 because it just felt so dry after the first versions.

Bidding on eBay right now for number 2 :)

This is the best Pokemon game since Red. Love it so much! I've caught 76 Pokemon so far.

So how about that Pokemon Bank? I'm loving being able to transfer all my Pokemon from my Generation V copies of Pokemon, the bank feature is also pretty stable and the way they are handling this gives me the utmost confidence in paying an annual fee to store some hard raised Pokemon in a secure environment that I will always be able to access when I need it.

So how about that Pokemon Bank? I'm loving being able to transfer all my Pokemon from my Generation V copies of Pokemon, the bank feature is also pretty stable and the way they are handling this gives me the utmost confidence in paying an annual fee to store some hard raised Pokemon in a secure environment that I will always be able to access when I need it.

I can't tell, is that sarcasm?

How are they dealing with cheating on this? Given you can clone saves with a flash cart on the DS that have legit Pokémon or grab .SAV files with event 'Mon?

I can't tell, is that sarcasm?

How are they dealing with cheating on this? Given you can clone saves with a flash cart on the DS that have legit Pokémon or grab .SAV files with event 'Mon?

Yes.

They aren't.

They can't.

Well they check for impossible EVs but that's about it. Problem with things like Pokesav is that it's pretty easy to make a perfectly legal Pokemon. Also B&W was RNG abused anyway.

Edited by Ike
darn tablets.

I imagine when the topic of hack prevention came up, they came to the conclusion of "Yeah, we've really got to do something about people using Action Replays!". That's pretty much the only thing the transfer application will spot, incredibly obvious AR'd Pokemon that no cheaters have bothered to use since early Gen 4.

I don't get why they even bothered advertising it, the fans have been laughing about the claim ever since they claimed to offer hack prevention. It was never going to work, it's simply embarrassing.

Yes.

They aren't.

They can't.

Well they check for impossible EVs but that's about it. Problem with things like Pokesav is that it's pretty easy to make a perfectly legal Pokemon. Also B&W was RNG abused anyway.

Well that's a shame. Because the 3DS as far as I know isn't properly cracked in terms of cheating yet. But now the trade system / feeling of achievement is pretty much borked again.

Seems mental that the tiny amount of space required to store this data needs a yearly charge. Cha ching, Nintendo.

I imagine when the topic of hack prevention came up, they came to the conclusion of "Yeah, we've really got to do something about people using Action Replays!". That's pretty much the only thing the transfer application will spot, incredibly obvious AR'd Pokemon that no cheaters have bothered to use since early Gen 4.

I don't get why they even bothered advertising it, the fans have been laughing about the claim ever since they claimed to offer hack prevention. It was never going to work, it's simply embarrassing.

Thing is, the whole point of it wasn't Action Replay, it was against the apps like Poké Builder...yet despite that, the hacks went through. Their database behind it is just horrific. Hell, their online battle hack check is better.

I do know for a fact that the hack check is being improved, however.

Me too. I like Bank :)

Well at least Gen VI Pokes can't be hacked yet, I believe there's a cloning technique but they won't be able to detect them.

And yeah, it'll be a couple of MBs at most. Good thing it makes transfering to possible Wii U games and future games easier.

Thing is, the whole point of it wasn't Action Replay, it was against the apps like Poké Builder...yet despite that, the hacks went through. Their database behind it is just horrific. Hell, their online battle hack check is better.

This was never going to work. Most people will use the online service PokeGen and, providing you're not a complete idiot that's making an impossible Pokemon, will be undetectable by hack checks. If you create an obtainable Pokemon, no matter what the likelihood or how obscure the event was, as long as you don't fuck up the trash bytes, you're good to go. That's why the hacks went through.

This was never going to work. Most people will use the online service PokeGen and, providing you're not a complete idiot that's making an impossible Pokemon, will be undetectable by hack checks. If you create an obtainable Pokemon, no matter what the likelihood or how obscure the event was, as long as you don't fuck up the trash bytes, you're good to go. That's why the hacks went through.

You don't need to tell me this :p

You don't need to tell me this :p

It sounded like I might have as you believed they were improving the hack check, I'm rather sceptical about how they could possibly improve it haha.

It sounded like I might have as you believed they were improving the hack check, I'm rather sceptical about how they could possibly improve it haha.

There are a lot of things they can do to improve it. Trust me.

There are a lot of things they can do to improve it. Trust me.

I'm curious, have you got any examples?

I'm curious, have you got any examples?

Using some trickery, you can make it so many transferred Pokémon can be marked as Kalos native.

You can transfer hacked Pokémon with Hidden Abilities if they were unreleased e.g. Sheer Force Feraligatr, Contrary Serperior etc.

You can have Pokémon in the wrong balls etc.

Using some trickery, you can make it so many transferred Pokémon can be marked as Kalos native.

You can transfer hacked Pokémon with Hidden Abilities if they were unreleased e.g. Sheer Force Feraligatr, Contrary Serperior etc.

You can have Pokémon in the wrong balls etc.P

Those weren't blocked?! Holy fuck, I assumed things as obvious as this would have been guaranteed not get through from the get go.

Not taking down the entire network would be nice. ;)

Which is why it's taking so long

Looks like Pokemon Bank is comeing this week

Temporary Maintenance

From (approx.) Tuesday, 28 January 2014 00:00

to Tuesday, 28 January 2014 06:00.

Affected services:

Nintendo 3DS

- Online Play, Rankings etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y

*Some of the affected services' features are not available during temporary

maintenance. We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any

inconvenience.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

Looks like Pokemon Bank is comeing this week

Temporary Maintenance

From (approx.) Tuesday, 28 January 2014 00:00

to Tuesday, 28 January 2014 06:00.

Affected services:

Nintendo 3DS

- Online Play, Rankings etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y

*Some of the affected services' features are not available during temporary

maintenance. We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any

inconvenience.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

No. They have maintenance like that every other week.

No. They have maintenance like that every other week.

I think we are becuse when 3DS is under maintenance there is a update after it sometimes and American Pokemon X and Y is under maintenance aswell lets just wait and see

I think we are becuse when 3DS is under maintenance there is a update after it sometimes and American Pokemon X and Y is under maintenance aswell lets just wait and see

There's a chance that Bank will come, yes, but this has nothing to do with it. Other than it pulling data from the cartridge/savefile, it has nothing to do with X & Y so there's no reason for X & Y maintenance to have any effect on Bank

Pokemon Bank is now available, downloading it now. Hoping I don't kill the server. ;)

Too bad I didn't bring my Black cart with me. :p