NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

nintendo_XYinfo_v16%5B1%5D.jpg

'Dem sales... :awesome:

I should really go back to Pokemon but...

...Zelda! :D

Finally got round to completing this earlier! Is anyone able to check what's in my Friend Safari for me please? FC is to the left, although I may already have some of you added.

My son wants a scizor, i dont think he has much in the way of trade, maybe a charmander or squirtle? Anyone have a scizor so i can make my son happy? lol

Maybe @ReZourceman can help me out!

Got some stuff for you. First, a new patch which fixes a load of exploits people used to cheat. Has to be downloaded to go online

patch12.png

Second, we have new Pokémon Bank details

You can also choose Battle Points to be earned as well PokéMiles in Pokémon Bank when you deposit Pokémon.

If your annual Bank fee ends, you can still withdraw your Pokémon for a short time, but will be lost afterwards forever. The period of time has yet to be announced.

Pokémon Bank ignores the 3DS's region lock so all games can be read and used for depositing/withdrawing Pokémon so if you have a US game, you can put it on a Japanese 3DS with Pokémon Bank installed and put Pokémon on there

I'm not going to even dare touch PokeBank until people give it the all clear. Launch day is definitely a disaster waiting to happen, the system is not going to cope

The extra meteor for Deoxys at the Fossil Lab is a Red Herring. It’s just another attack forme meteor.

The five meteors are irrelevant to the specific form of Deoxys. They aren't red herrings or anything. Each meteor will cycle through: Normal > Attack > Defense > Speed and loop round

The original rumour never said all the meteorites were red herring's @Serebii my boy! But that additional meteor that's there for no reason was definitely a red herring, there was no reason to have five and have it cycle!

PokeBeach have really been on the ball with the leaks this generation, I'm really impressed, I'm assuming Smealum is the source of the December 13th rumours.

I'm not going to even dare touch PokeBank until people give it the all clear. Launch day is definitely a disaster waiting to happen, the system is not going to cope

It's now been over 24 hours since PokeBank's release and the system is still in ruins. I've attempted on and off since early yesterday morning to download PokeBank, and you can't even reach the eShop since last night.

It's also looking like the cheat detection they boasted might as well not exist, with some unreleased abilities not being detected on certain Pokemon.

It's going to be hilarious to see if any one in the US or EU can even get to the eShop page for Pokemon Bank tomorrow, never mind actually downloading it and using it.

The original rumour never said all the meteorites were red herring's @Serebii my boy! But that additional meteor that's there for no reason was definitely a red herring, there was no reason to have five and have it cycle!

PokeBeach have really been on the ball with the leaks this generation, I'm really impressed, I'm assuming Smealum is the source of the December 13th rumours.

Yeah, I mean these are all totally legit

http://pokebeach.com/2013/09/new-set-of-x-and-y-rumors

The way WPM worded it was as if each meteorite did each form and the fifth was another Attack Forme one and was a red herring. This was massively erroneous and I had to correct it.

It's now been over 24 hours since PokeBank's release and the system is still in ruins. I've attempted on and off since early yesterday morning to download PokeBank, and you can't even reach the eShop since last night.

It's also looking like the cheat detection they boasted might as well not exist, with some unreleased abilities not being detected on certain Pokemon.

It's going to be hilarious to see if any one in the US or EU can even get to the eShop page for Pokemon Bank tomorrow, never mind actually downloading it and using it.

Yeah, Bank is a catastrophe. It took me 3 hours to transfer the four boxes I needed for coverage.

Thankfully, due to the way the game is done, they can update the hack check to be better, but by then it'll be way too late :/

Might be a silly question, but how are you supposed to pay for the annual fee? Does it take the amount of your eshop balance automatically, or do you need to rebuy it every year or something?

Still stuff undone on X and Black 2... Won't be using this for a while.

The free month is from the day you purchase it, not from its release date, right?

Disappointed on the Deoxys reveal. Was hoping for lots of unlock/events. Keeping fingers crossed, but that Deoxys news is just bizarre. I'm guessing they couldn't be bothered redoing the shelf size just for the meteors and just added an extra one to fill the shelf up! Always think of the most logical/simple answer D'OH!

Still stuff undone on X and Black 2... Won't be using this for a while.

The free month is from the day you purchase it, not from its release date, right?

Disappointed on the Deoxys reveal. Was hoping for lots of unlock/events. Keeping fingers crossed, but that Deoxys news is just bizarre. I'm guessing they couldn't be bothered redoing the shelf size just for the meteors and just added an extra one to fill the shelf up! Always think of the most logical/simple answer D'OH!

So long as you start playing it before January 30th, you get the free trial

Might be a silly question, but how are you supposed to pay for the annual fee? Does it take the amount of your eshop balance automatically, or do you need to rebuy it every year or something?

Gives you options when you load up the game.

trial.jpg

Tells you how much money you have on your eShop account, time remaining until it's necessary to renew and gives you the option to renew it which is then done using the eShop account akin to how you get DLC within various games.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Probably trade in my copy of Pokemon Y next time im in town. I only got a few hours in but found it incredibly boring. Next time a new Pokemon game comes out and I talk about buying it to try and regain the enjoyment from Blue, remind me of this.

On this plus side I'll use the credit I get towards Zelda probably.

Probably trade in my copy of Pokemon Y next time im in town. I only got a few hours in but found it incredibly boring.

Same here. Bought it at launch, played 10 hours and thought: "Wow, you've played that before...

about 7 times."

Next time a new Pokemon game comes out and I talk about buying it to try and regain the enjoyment from Blue, remind me of this.

Deal. If you remind me of the same :p

Pokémon bank? Never heard of it, it's useless to me now, anyway.

But subscription based? Dear lord...

aah too bad it's delayed, I was really looking forward to transfer some pokemon.

But to be honest it was kind of predictable the servers wouldn't be able to take all that traffic.

Let's hope they improve the system soon and get it back online :)

aah too bad it's delayed, I was really looking forward to transfer some pokemon.

But to be honest it was kind of predictable the servers wouldn't be able to take all that traffic.

Let's hope they improve the system soon and get it back online :)

Releasing it on Christmas Day was the dumbest thing Nintendo have done in a while

So Serebii, how do you think the Poke Bank and Mover applications are going to be treated?

I've seen some people who have it talking about possible streamlining options, like having just one NNID log-in rather than the three that happens when you boot the apps (is this true?).

I think there's basically no way out of the servers coming down again unless there's significant upgrades. The moment it's out, every one is going to want to get it, then the millions who do get it will instantly flood the thing with boxes they want to transfer etc. It's going to be a rough ride.

So Serebii, how do you think the Poke Bank and Mover applications are going to be treated?

I've seen some people who have it talking about possible streamlining options, like having just one NNID log-in rather than the three that happens when you boot the apps (is this true?).

I think there's basically no way out of the servers coming down again unless there's significant upgrades. The moment it's out, every one is going to want to get it, then the millions who do get it will instantly flood the thing with boxes they want to transfer etc. It's going to be a rough ride.

The problem with Bank was that it was so condensed. What they need to do is a staggered rollout and not tell people when.

Another problem is that it doesn't only connect to its own servers. It starts off connecting to the NNID server, then the eShop server, then the Bank server. This is what caused the issues.

The problem with Bank was that it was so condensed. What they need to do is a staggered rollout and not tell people when.

Another problem is that it doesn't only connect to its own servers. It starts off connecting to the NNID server, then the eShop server, then the Bank server. This is what caused the issues.

So I guess the only real thing they can cut out from that connection path is the eShop server, as surely it's not really needed?

I don't think a staggered realise will help all that much. They really should have just had Pokemon Bank unlock at a really late point in the game like after you beat the champion or completed the Kalos dex etc. But it's too late for that I guess.

So I guess the only real thing they can cut out from that connection path is the eShop server, as surely it's not really needed?

I don't think a staggered realise will help all that much. They really should have just had Pokemon Bank unlock at a really late point in the game like after you beat the champion or completed the Kalos dex etc. But it's too late for that I guess.

It is in order to check the status of the subscription

I realise pokemon transporter is a part of pokemon bank, but there really is no reason for this besides money. I'm sure if they wanted it, it would be possible to transfer pokemon data over the SD cards. That would take some stress of their network haha.

I realise pokemon transporter is a part of pokemon bank, but there really is no reason for this besides money. I'm sure if they wanted it, it would be possible to transfer pokemon data over the SD cards. That would take some stress of their network haha.

But it would also make it very, very easy for people to clone their Pokémon.

Plus, with the hack check on the server side, it makes it easier for them to improve it...and it needs improving.

Hey Guys, is it possible to transfer my Pokemon straight from Heart Golf to X/Y?

From what i read it looks like it isn't possible :(

Hey Guys, is it possible to transfer my Pokemon straight from Heart Golf to X/Y?

From what i read it looks like it isn't possible :(

Sorry bud, you'll need a Gen V game to transfer the Pokemon from.

Sorry bud, you'll need a Gen V game to transfer the Pokemon from.

Looks like i will have to get b/w.

What do you think to b/w?

Looks like i will have to get b/w.

What do you think to b/w?

If you don't care too much about skipping some of the story, I would actually recommend jumping straight to B/W2. I had difficulties playing through Black and White 2 because it just felt so dry after the first versions.