NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

I'm Ninty K, yeah just request a trade when your ready. :)

Thanks Ninty thats awesome got all my trade evolutions and you added to my ever increasing pokedex :bouncy:

time for my Trent to kick some team flare butt:grin:

Thanks Ninty thats awesome got all my trade evolutions and you added to my ever increasing pokedex :bouncy:

time for my Trent to kick some team flare butt:grin:

hehe anytime :)

I've been playing so much, and now that EV training is much simpler and easily resettable, I've decided to try my luck with "competitive" play. What I need right now is someone who has Ditto in their Safari! I have Grass type, with Oddish, Sawsbuck and Quilladin. If anyone has a normal safari with Ditto please add me :) Anyone else can add me too of course if you want these pokémon.

As an X player, is there a way of getting the 'Y' legendary, without owning the game?

As an X player, is there a way of getting the 'Y' legendary, without owning the game?

You could trade your X legendary on the GTS for it...

I caught the Zapdos in my game which I traded for an articuno which I traded for a moltres which I traded for an Yveltal all on GTS. That's how I filled my pokedex with those legends. I now have a complete pokedex with the exception of the non-obtainable pokemon! :)

So yeah, that's basically a technique for filling in the dex. I've found the most annoying pokemon to get are Dusknoir, Magmortar, Electivire, Gliscor and Weavile...

So, we've hit that point where the post-launch hype has calmed down quite.

With that in mind, how does every one feel about the game? Any thing worth of massive praise? Scrutiny?

The existence of Super Training is something I really have to give Game Freak credit for. Sure, it's something that they should have done sooner, but this makes the metagame a lot more accessible for those who haven't got the time, patience for all the EV training and record keeping. They've officially recognised the existence of EV's for a while now, but it's always been rather cryptic and you basically needed an external guide to get in on the knowledge.

Some hardcore players will say this is a massive pandering to the casual market, but I don't understand that. Lowering the entire difficulty of the game to encourage new players to join in would be pandering, it just makes a critical feature that's essentially required for competitive battling a lot less tedious. You can still do the old things.

The thing I'm going to have to criticize though is the weird as fuck technical issues. The slowdown, the randomness of the 3D, and the loading times for horde encounters dependant on the encountered Pokemon is just something that's not really forgiveable for a Nintendo first party. Capcom has shown that amazing things can be done with handheld, at better framerates and better quality graphics.

Though you've got to wonder, with the Wii U in its current predicament, without Pokemon there would be very few heavy first party hitters for the run up to Christmas. Was the game really all that ready?

You could trade your X legendary on the GTS for it...

I was sort of hoping it would breed but seems not. As a newcomer to Pokemon and someone who hasn't even ran into Xerneas yet, is it possible to catch more than one of the same legendary?

The existence of Super Training is something I really have to give Game Freak credit for. Sure, it's something that they should have done sooner, but this makes the metagame a lot more accessible for those who haven't got the time, patience for all the EV training and record keeping. They've officially recognised the existence of EV's for a while now, but it's always been rather cryptic and you basically needed an external guide to get in on the knowledge.

1: What is EV training and how may it amuse me?

2: What is the point of super training? It says "Your defence increased +4!" and then I look on the actual stats of the pokemon and... no, no it hasn't.

The manual doesn't exist, so what's the point?

1: What is EV training and how may it amuse me?

2: What is the point of super training? It says "Your defence increased +4!" and then I look on the actual stats of the pokemon and... no, no it hasn't.

The manual doesn't exist, so what's the point?

1: EV training seems to be a way of guaranteeing the stats that you want when levelling up, in the older games you could do this by fighting certain Pokemon, in certain places, in certain ways... or so I gather, it's not something I've partaken in.

2: The point of Super Training is that when it says 'Your defence has increased +4!' they should really add on to that at the end... 'Upon your next level' or something, as these stat boosts don't actually happen until you level up.

Well anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p

In other news, I haven't played this so much since getting to the post game, what are the main things I should be doing in the game right now apart from Safari Zone - which I haven't been to - and catching a blatantly obvious Pokemon - which I've already done - is there more to this game? :)

1: EV training seems to be a way of guaranteeing the stats that you want when levelling up, in the older games you could do this by fighting certain Pokemon, in certain places, in certain ways... or so I gather, it's not something I've partaken in.

2: The point of Super Training is that when it says 'Your defence has increased +4!' they should really add on to that at the end... 'Upon your next level' or something, as these stat boosts don't actually happen until you level up.

Well anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p

In other news, I haven't played this so much since getting to the post game, what are the main things I should be doing in the game right now apart from Safari Zone - which I haven't been to - and catching a blatantly obvious Pokemon - which I've already done - is there more to this game? :)

Not true. As of Black & White, all EVs are recalculated into the stats after every battle

Not true. As of Black & White, all EVs are recalculated into the stats after every battle

This was one of the best things about Gen V, but it's very hard to explain this to newbies when they wonder why their level 1 Pokemon doesn't have an extra 60 or so points in attack after they completely super train the thing and have one battle.

I just don't get it, sorry. I I have used the training and levelled up but seen no significant stat changes... I have been a poke fan since Re, but have no idea what an EV is or how it may help me or how the super training works. Would one of you experts explain to me how my +4 defence training helps me directly?

I just don't get it, sorry. I I have used the training and levelled up but seen no significant stat changes... I have been a poke fan since Re, but have no idea what an EV is or how it may help me or how the super training works. Would one of you experts explain to me how my +4 defence training helps me directly?

You don't see the considerable stat changes happen anymore. It's automatically calculated all the time. We'll never again see say +30.

Ok, you can have 255 (252 if you use Super Training) Effort Points in a stat. For every 4 Effort Points, it is equal to a +1 at Level 100 meaning that fully EV trained Pokémon in a stat has a stat 63 higher than an identical counterpart that hasn't been trained. At lower levels, it's calculated to be a fraction.

In previous games, when you did this, you saw the increase when you levelled up, so you would see massive increases of +30 or so on the odd occasion. Nowadays, it's calculated after the end of every battle, and you don't see it physically increase unless you're constantly checking the stat screen.

I think the only way you'd ever truly see it night and day is if you cloned a pokemon, had one trained and levelled to 100 with the training and the other just rare candied to 100.

You can get up to 510 points over all, with a max of 252 in one stat (used to be 255, but that never made sense considering it took 4 points for 1 stat increase).

So, you raise your Pikachu in speed and special attack. That Pikachu would have 63 extra points in speed and special attack compared to the Pikachu you cloned and levelled to 100 with just rare candies.

Hey Serebii, do you know if the Pokemon statue you see when you first walk in the E4 door room is an actual Pokemon? It looks like a dog/wolf/jackal that is sat up to attention. I know there's other statues in the boss rooms, but are clearly just artistic license (well, I presume anyway, who knows). But this one at the entrance. That's unmistakably a Pokemon. I mean, Pokemon games generally don't just have stereotypical animals in them that aren't ACTUAL Pokemon. I did post this at GameFAQs, and for the possibility of a new Pokemon, got VERY few responses.

Hey Serebii, do you know if the Pokemon statue you see when you first walk in the E4 door room is an actual Pokemon? It looks like a dog/wolf/jackal that is sat up to attention. I know there's other statues in the boss rooms, but are clearly just artistic license (well, I presume anyway, who knows). But this one at the entrance. That's unmistakably a Pokemon. I mean, Pokemon games generally don't just have stereotypical animals in them that aren't ACTUAL Pokemon. I did post this at GameFAQs, and for the possibility of a new Pokemon, got VERY few responses.

Artistic license

Artistic license

Fair enough. But I'm going to continue to believe it's a real Pokemon, including the one on the right, which just looks human and is a ghost/reaper Pokemon (and the ghost one is caught at the lone scary house on route 14). I also stand by my money tipping/big nugget legendary Pokemon.

There's got to be some other legendaries, right? I mean I know there's supposedly those "other 3" which are supposedly legit because their search for trade stays up for others to trade for (not that I've tried, might try later. Maybe people are lying their asses off? We'll see).

Unused land.

Left of starting town, main south area. That's pretty barren for such lush grass land.

Big green island south of stonehenge place. (do we go here? I forget).

Top right/bottom right of map past mountains. Covered by clouds. Mainly the top right, but man is that suspicious, especially since we clearly see grassland.

There's 4 terminus cave entrances. 3 are open, with the other just casually blocked off with a small few rocks. I find this suspicious, given just past this area on the map is the aforementioned area above.

The other 3 power plants. Likely to do with another trio. The power plants mission statement is just begging for legendaries of certain types.

The OTHER train.

Room of emptiness or whatever. Got to be more there.

Oh, and there appears to be a raised grass plateau between starting village and Pokemon village.

Hey Serebii,you know in reflection cave? That area with the big glittering/shiny circle? Is that for Magnezone and similar type evolutions?

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Fair enough. But I'm going to continue to believe it's a real Pokemon, including the one on the right, which just looks human and is a ghost/reaper Pokemon (and the ghost one is caught at the lone scary house on route 14). I also stand by my money tipping/big nugget legendary Pokemon.

There's got to be some other legendaries, right? I mean I know there's supposedly those "other 3" which are supposedly legit because their search for trade stays up for others to trade for (not that I've tried, might try later. Maybe people are lying their asses off? We'll see).

Unused land.

Left of starting town, main south area. That's pretty barren for such lush grass land.

Big green island south of stonehenge place. (do we go here? I forget).

Top right/bottom right of map past mountains. Covered by clouds. Mainly the top right, but man is that suspicious, especially since we clearly see grassland.

There's 4 terminus cave entrances. 3 are open, with the other just casually blocked off with a small few rocks. I find this suspicious, given just past this area on the map is the aforementioned area above.

The other 3 power plants. Likely to do with another trio. The power plants mission statement is just begging for legendaries of certain types.

The OTHER train.

Room of emptiness or whatever. Got to be more there.

Oh, and there appears to be a raised grass plateau between starting village and Pokemon village.

Hey Serebii,you know in reflection cave? That area with the big glittering/shiny circle? Is that for Magnezone and similar type evolutions?

No, a Mega Stone is found there :)

I need to start weening myself off this game. I'm just scratching about for things to do now and I have no intention of battling competitively. The whole breeding/battling scene will be broken in a few months anyway.

Breeding is still enjoyable at least. The tedium of cycling up and down outside the Daycare is mitigated by that sweet declaration of outstanding potential.

Maybe I'll set my sights on catching 'em all (or at least all the ones currently available) and call it quits after that.

I really want to keep playing, there just isn't much game left to play. =(

Edited by Guy

Think I'm close to fighting Xerneas now and was wondering what nature would be best? Seems to be good for physical and special attacks so not sure which to go for (or go mixed?). Not sure if I can be bothered resetting for perfect IV's though.

I caught an Adamant and Modest Ralts last night which was lucky.

Caught a load of Pikachu's hoping a Lighball but nothing so far? Can I combine Static and Compoundeyes somehow?

I was just thinking, since no 3DS games can be hacked so far; It is possible that some new pokémon haven't been discovered yet? Like maybe the mirage pokémon of this generation (mew, celebi, shaymin.... ) can't be found until they are distributed by nintendo. Or some mega evolutions (like blaziken) can't be used until we get their stones via mystery gift?. If so that is really cool and exciting.

I need to start weening myself off this game. I'm just scratching about for things to do now and I have no intention of battling competitively. The whole breeding/battling scene will be broken in a few months anyway.

Breeding is still enjoyable at least. The tedium of cycling up and down outside the Daycare is mitigated by that sweet declaration of outstanding potential.

Maybe I'll set my sights on catching 'em all (or at least all the ones currently available) and call it quits after that.

I really want to keep playing, there just isn't much game left to play. =(

Aye...no way can they combat cheating when transfer hits. Considering you can download a save off GameFAQs with someone's actual save data then I don't see how it can't be fooled. Shame really.

Kept trying to catch a ditto yesterday and the bastards kept dying :(