NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

This is the one thing that did bother me after the story. "Sure, what we did was wrong, but we were just doing what we believed to be right!"

Considering the severity of the desired end result, this really shouldn't have been allowed haha

Hasnt that been the general view point of a good number of Japanese people with their doings in WW2? lol

I was quite surprised at that too, here are some tactics if you're interested...

Go to an area that's on the edge of a town and a route, use Repels, get on bike, cycle in and out of the area and into a patch of grass, this should speed up the process of the legendary birds appearing.

Once the bird has appeared in front of you and fled 10 times, it will retreat to the Sea Spirits Cavern, go there, walk into the middle and it will swoop down... catch it with a quick/dusk ball if you can. :)

Hey, that doesn't work anymore. Going back and forth in a pattern of ABABABAB won't change the location of it unless you fly or travel like ABC. Tracking it down it much harder this time around, but what I did was fly to the same town and looked in the pokedex to see its location. If it was in an adjacent route, I'd simply go there (it won't change location) and find it.

I was quite surprised at that too, here are some tactics if you're interested...

Go to an area that's on the edge of a town and a route, use Repels, get on bike, cycle in and out of the area and into a patch of grass, this should speed up the process of the legendary birds appearing.

Once the bird has appeared in front of you and fled 10 times, it will retreat to the Sea Spirits Cavern, go there, walk into the middle and it will swoop down... catch it with a quick/dusk ball if you can. :)

Thanks for the tips....

I hated this process in Gold/Silver, but did show up a few more times so seems easier to find again this time round, I wasn't counting to know how many more times before I hit 10 tho!

Also @S\.C\.G, @RedShell, @Ronnie, @Ashley, @Sheikah, @Mr_Master_X2, @Agent_Gibbs, @Ike, @Guy, @not_so_tiny, @Mike, @Jimbob, @ReZourceman

I have added all your 3DS codes to my friends list. I have only gone back the last 2 pages of this thread so far and added people with their code listed under their avatar so if I have missed anyone please add me and I will add back!

So I haven't got a phantump yet... I'm going to soon, I've not had much time to play. I've just beaten the power plant. Anyway, when would be the best time to evolve him into Trevenant? I didn't realise he would have to evolve through a trade. Is there any benefit/drawback from evolving him early/late?

Its a shame but I seem to be getting bored with the game again. I was hoping with the changes they've made this time it would be different but it just feels like I'm playing any of the other Pokemon games just with new graphics and a bit better online. I'll maybe try and play some at Extra Life, we'll see.

qrcodes.png

The V1.1 patch is now live. Fixes the Lumiose City glitch and the GTS filter glitch.

Its a shame but I seem to be getting bored with the game again. I was hoping with the changes they've made this time it would be different but it just feels like I'm playing any of the other Pokemon games just with new graphics and a bit better online. I'll maybe try and play some at Extra Life, we'll see.

Yeah, I really do know what you mean. Its a shame.

There should have been more online modes or simply a more competitive structure with the ranking battles, tournaments etc.

Thats because you are playing the same old game but with spruced up graphics. :p

Three things

1) @Serebii when are you going to post the trainer card upgrades?

2) anyone else had success with chain fishing? Caught a shiny luvdisc myself

3) people who are on my friend list, can you change your private settings on gts please? I wanna compare medal lists and logbook stuff. Thanks.

Thats because you are playing the same old game but with spruced up graphics. :p

Lol yeah I know I guess, thats also why Ive drifted so far away from Nintendo as a whole but as ive mentioned before I tend to try with Pokemon each time to try and recapture that enjoyment. Its probably not the game I even enjoyed that much, just a particularly happy Christmas that Pokemon blue has been linked to and I am doomed to be letdown with Pokemon games since that lol.

Was doing wonder trades last night and a few people were trading away level 1 bred pokémon. Got a level 1 Gligar, Ferroseed and Ralts. I checked the iv and they got perfect iv's in the needed stats :D That's gonna save me a lot of time.

Seems lots of people are breeding for shinies at the moment and discarding all the non-shiny but very decent Pokémon on Wonder Trade.

That's what I'll be doing when I get around to breeding.

Is someone able to trade me a Chespin? Apparently I haven't seen one yet so can't search for it on the GTS.

Can more people complete the game so I can grab the third Pokemon from their safaris?

Hehe

Is someone able to trade me a Chespin? Apparently I haven't seen one yet so can't search for it on the GTS.

Yeah like ClowKin said, when searching for a Pokémon, in the list of letters scroll to the bottom (after 'Z' and the 'What Pokemon' option is there, where you can type a name.

Edited by Sheikah

Been trying to track down Friend Safaris with certain Pokémon today. Almost succeeded in all... except Ditto. Ditto is in insane demand and people with Dittos seem really selective over who they're adding. I guess they can afford to be.

Can more people complete the game so I can grab the third Pokemon from their safaris?

Hehe

Yeah like ClowKin said, when searching for a Pokémon, in the list of letters scroll to the bottom (after 'Z' and the 'What Pokemon' option is there, where you can type a name.

I actually have problems finishing the game. I'm in that town with the frost cavern and I have no desire to continue really. I like the collecting part of the series, I only missed two of the 600 something Pokemon from the last generation(both event legendaries from BW), but the story and the way you proceed just puts me off. I don't mind linearity in games(I love FFXIII) but the way Pokemon does it annoys me. I cannot enter the route 15 because two members of Team Flare have decided I'm not cool enough?

I'm probably going to be accused of some funny people of wanting machine guns in Pokemon, but I wished the next Pokemon game did more than introduce new Pokemon and mini games. I'm really tired of the gyms.

Anyway I've felt like this since BW2 but I have repeatedly picked up X and kept playing so I guess I will finish it eventually. It would help if I could get the event legendaries from BW from someone who definitively got multiple ;) I got other legendaries Pokes to trade(assuming I have multiple myself, but likely you have those yourselves...)

In any case, as I said before, I won't finish the Pokedex before Z arrives since I don't trust the digital copy(it has crashed twice already) and I won't risk Pokemon I have collected since Colosseum. Imagening losing those...On that note, this Pokemon Transporter, I assume it's not a running service unless you want it to be, ie, if I want to sign up for one month and one month only I can do that?

Been trying to track down Friend Safaris with certain Pokémon today. Almost succeeded in all... except Ditto. Ditto is in insane demand and people with Dittos seem really selective over who they're adding. I guess they can afford to be.

You know Ditto L50 is just in the grass in Pokemon village?

You know Ditto L50 is just in the grass in Pokemon village?

Friend Safari Ditto's are in high demand because of their guaranteed 2 perfect stats and their synchronise ability.

They're like perfect for breeders.