NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

I am loving Super Training. :cool:

At first I was kind of like "hmm... this is a bit poo" :heh: but the more I use it, the more I like it. :D And it makes EV training so quick and straightforward. Great addition. icon14.gif

Really wish they'd improve Pokémon breeding though. Not so much making it faster, the current system of having it tied to steps is fine I reckon. But what really annoys me is how fiddly it is. You're basically forced to focus 100% on breeding, instead of being able to continue catching/battling etc...

It would be so much better if you could just keep your usual team on you, and not need to collect the eggs from the day care guy. They could get automatically put into a storage box (and if you had a Pokémon with Flame Body in there that'd still work too) then, when you're out and about doing other stuff you could get a Holo Caster call to inform you when an egg has hatched. :)

Would be so awesome to return to a Pokémon Center and find your storage box full of newborn Pokémon. :hehe:

That'd be great thanks so much! I've added your 3DS code, let me know when you'll be playing/online?

I should be able to pop on around half 6/7pm tonight for a bit whilst i travel back to the City from work. Not fussed on what you wish to trade over for it.

Annnnnndddd... 48 hours in and the Elite Four + Champion have been beaten! :D

What a game, loved all of the build up towards the end and then the actual end, plus credits and that final scene... 'dem feels! :)

Seriously though congrats to anyone who managed to finish the game in 20 hours... I barely did any back-tracking during those 48 hours, it was all play time as well, no idling at all... so yeah, once again major props to @Hero\-of\-Time , @Serebii and anyone else who finished it in that time because I certainly couldn't! : peace:

Also...

Mewtwo Get!

:yay: after being brutally raped by original number #150 twice over I decided to just throw a quick ball for the third time and it worked, also Mega Mewtwo X is amazing. :smile:

So yeah... might go and play some other games now after devoting the best part of a solid week + into one stunning game. :grin:

I am loving Super Training. :cool:

At first I was kind of like "hmm... this is a bit poo" :heh: but the more I use it, the more I like it. :D And it makes EV training so quick and straightforward. Great addition. icon14.gif

Really wish they'd improve Pokémon breeding though. Not so much making it faster, the current system of having it tied to steps is fine I reckon. But what really annoys me is how fiddly it is. You're basically forced to focus 100% on breeding, instead of being able to continue catching/battling etc...

It would be so much better if you could just keep your usual team on you, and not need to collect the eggs from the day care guy. They could get automatically put into a storage box (and if you had a Pokémon with Flame Body in there that'd still work too) then, when you're out and about doing other stuff you could get a Holo Caster call to inform you when an egg has hatched. :)

Would be so awesome to return to a Pokémon Center and find your storage box full of newborn Pokémon. :hehe:

There's another much easier way to EV train:

Super Training doesn't make EV training easy...Hordes do

Takes what, 2 minutes to do a Level 3 Mini-game to get +12 in a point. Sounds good, right?

Let's say we're EV training in Speed.

Your Pokémon is PokéRus'd and holding the Power Anklet. That's +8 on any Pokémon.

Battle a Zubat and that's normally +1, so that's +10.

Go to Connecting Cave and use Honey and/or Sweet Scent. Zubat Horde. 5 Zubats. +50 in one minute. Five of them, and then a standard Zubat, and you're fully EV trained in that stat.

Takes what, 2 minutes to do a Level 3 Mini-game to get +12 in a point. Sounds good, right?
2 minutes?! More like 2 seconds. :heh:

Seriously though, I can complete every Level 3 mini-game in under 20 seconds.

My best times:

Sp. Atk = 11 sec

HP = 14.6 sec

Attack = 8.8 sec

Sp. Def = 16.3 sec

Speed = 18.6 sec

Defense = 17.9 sec

Add x2 bags and L reward bags into the mix and you can potentially get +36 from a single game!

The old fashioned way of Pokérus/Power items may be more efficient, but I've had enough of that method from the previous games. :shakehead

Super Training all the way for me now. :cool:

If you have a pokemon in your party, and you have the experience share on, do they gain EV points still?

I think they do as some pokemon I was evolving gained points, though I'm not entirely sure if they gained 100% of the EV points they would have gained provided they battled themselves.

Nevertheless, level 3 super training doesn't take 2 minutes at all! It really is quick, I've done them in under 10 seconds.

I've also spammed the hydreigon secret training one for moon stones :P. (I finally completed my Kalos pokedex :D)

Can you EV train Pokemon that has already reached maximum EV? As in replace Sp Atk points with Attack points?

Are there any new Pokemon that can be catched in sea? And are there any dragon Pokemon besides that ugly blob Pokemon? Just found out Carbinkle can't evolve so it was kicked straight out. I have the blub Pokemon in my party just because I don't think I have ever used a dragon in my party.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

You can find it in the tall grass surrounding that mansion just by the daycare area.

Awesome, awesome new Pokemon.

Yup, Aegislash is my Pokemon of the generation. Constant forme change; great attack and defence, Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak, King´s Shield.... Legend.

I´m now looking to raise a full 6 ghost-duel type team.

I'm still wishing for a duel water/fire Pokemon - A pokemon like Darmanitan, that changes forme mid battle. Maybe an introverted water type that becomes a fire type once blaze is activated. :)

I actually got rid of this game and the 3ds due to a fucked up lust of loving a profit... But I'll be back soon, and will re-add once again.

I thought that Pokemon couldn't evolve more...Only looked the Pokemon up on Serebii because I wondered how I had missed a Pokemon by that name.

Am I missing something with megas, what's stopping you from using them for every battle? It's a temporary evolution but why didn't they just make it permanent since it has unlimited use?

Also, does anyone use normal type Mons, seems a bit of a waste as they've no real benefit or am I again missing something?

Am I missing something with megas, what's stopping you from using them for every battle? It's a temporary evolution but why didn't they just make it permanent since it has unlimited use?

Also, does anyone use normal type Mons, seems a bit of a waste as they've no real benefit or am I again missing something?

Megas are only really alternate versions of the final evolution in my eyes. Who knows, maybe there will be a way to permanently leave them mega-evolved. But they are stronger than their natural final form - you can only Mega evolve once in one battle.

Normal pokes can't be harmed by ghost attacks. They also have, perhaps the most diverse move usage - so if I remember correctly, a Pokemon like Smeargle can learn fire and water types. They are only weak to fighting types.

Just between the 7th and 8th gym and all this story stuff is making me want to shout "oh my God who cares?"

Just between the 7th and 8th gym and all this story stuff is making me want to shout "oh my God who cares?"

This made me LOL

Now I have beaten the Elite 4 I am trying to sort my final squad so I can get completely trounced in online battles, was doing some training on Route 10 and the first Pokemon I encounter is....

Moltres!!!! I didn't realise the legendary birds were catchable in this. Unfortunately it fled straight away, didn't even get the option of attempting to catch it. I hate these random area/flee straight away legendaries!!!!

By the way, if anyone wants to add me for friend safari (I'm not ready to battle just yet) then please do, let me know and I will add you back. Not got round to adding anyone onto my friend list yet.

Am I the only one that enjoyed this? The last two Pokemon generations have kind of pushed the antagonists into the realms of the subjective rather than being straight out evil.

Team Plasma's beginning was a good one, but it's a shame they never ventured too much into how cruel the idea of a 'Master Ball' is.

Team Flare went from just being slightly amusing to extremism, which caught me off guard.

The stories are never really good, but I really enjoyed Team Flare.

It's a shame all villains are being made out to be heroes with just a differing view these days (including Team Flare). What happened to good old evilness like Team Rocket? Those were the days.

It's a shame all villains are being made out to be heroes with just a differing view these days (including Team Flare). What happened to good old evilness like Team Rocket? Those were the days.

This is the one thing that did bother me after the story. "Sure, what we did was wrong, but we were just doing what we believed to be right!"

Considering the severity of the desired end result, this really shouldn't have been allowed haha

I didn't realize until this game...

How much the writers must be inspired by various books/shows on "ancient advanced civilisations/OOPAs/forgotten human devastation through impossible tech (at the time, OOPA)/and basically alien contact (ancient aliens). I mean, yeah, it's staring at you in every game, but just so much more obvious in this. Throw in a NWO style population control plot.I'm guessing the writer is a fan of ancient hidden history/conspiracy etc.

Am I the only one that enjoyed this? The last two Pokemon generations have kind of pushed the antagonists into the realms of the subjective rather than being straight out evil.

Team Plasma's beginning was a good one, but it's a shame they never ventured too much into how cruel the idea of a 'Master Ball' is.

Team Flare went from just being slightly amusing to extremism, which caught me off guard.

The stories are never really good, but I really enjoyed Team Flare.

I think I was mostly annoyed that nothing really happened until the very end. Flare popped up here and there during the game, but then suddenly after the 7th gym we're forced to care.

Now I have beaten the Elite 4 I am trying to sort my final squad so I can get completely trounced in online battles, was doing some training on Route 10 and the first Pokemon I encounter is....

Moltres!!!! I didn't realise the legendary birds were catchable in this. Unfortunately it fled straight away, didn't even get the option of attempting to catch it. I hate these random area/flee straight away legendaries!!!!

I was quite surprised at that too, here are some tactics if you're interested...

Go to an area that's on the edge of a town and a route, use Repels, get on bike, cycle in and out of the area and into a patch of grass, this should speed up the process of the legendary birds appearing.

Once the bird has appeared in front of you and fled 10 times, it will retreat to the Sea Spirits Cavern, go there, walk into the middle and it will swoop down... catch it with a quick/dusk ball if you can. :)

I don't know why Team Rocket even needed disbanding, they should reform, and all you do is foil their current plot in a game

I don't know why Team Rocket even needed disbanding, they should reform, and all you do is foil their current plot in a game

Didn't Giovanni have a change of heart from battling Red? Or was that just an Origins thing?

I always find it funny you can beat a supposed evil organisation by beating them at a Pokemon battle. As if losing a battle prevents them from doing anything else.

In-Game, it seems like that. However, competitively, Mega Evolutions are an interesting mechanic.

Really, you'd only want one on your team because you can only use one per battle. Doing this sacrifices the hold item for a 100 BST increase, and maybe different types and abilities. This can be useful, but with no items, you have to question what is the best course of action.