NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

i always get rubbish on wonder trades, and i've traded rareish pokemon, avoiding oddish's bidoof etc

I miss my Eelektross.

Do you guys have any other Electric type recommendations?

Previous entries into my squad have been Jolteon, Lanturn and Manectric. Electrike is a bit weak to start off with, but he comes into his own later on.

I did manage to get an Eevee from Wonderland and was building it up to be a Sylveon, but looking at my matchups I really needed an electric type.

Woohoo! Caught my first Pokémon X shiny! :yay:

Shiny Audino!: :bouncy:

nznw.jpg

That brings my overall shiny Pokémon collection to 4, not including the ones you get from events/a couple I got from the GTS (which I believe were dodgy anyway :heh:).

The ones I've caught in previous games are Parasect, Foongus and Scyther (from an egg :)).

Just got a Chlorophyll Ivysaur and Grass Pelt Gogoat thanks to @RedShell's Friend Safari
You're welcome. :heh:

Seeing as I "helped" you, could you tell me where you think the best Exp earning spot is?

I was using Victory Road, but have now switched to the Friend Safari, where I have a normal area with Audino (hence the Shiny ;)) which have been giving me just over 6,000 Exp per battle, using Lucky Egg and Exp Power Lv. 3.

This is great and all, but the problem is bloody Teddiursa keeps showing up too, and it only gives 1,000 Exp. icon13.gif So annoying when I've just activated the 3 minute Exp Power and keep seeing them instead of Audino. :shakehead

So yeah, any better spots to level up?

Can I ask what friend safari is?
It's in a post-story location of the game and is basically just another place where you can go to catch Pokémon. The difference being that the areas you get to run around in are somehow generated from your 3DS friend list, so the more codes you have on your system, the more areas you can choose from. :cool:

Also, it doesn't matter if the person who the friend code belongs to has Pokémon X/Y, their friend code will still generate an area of the safari.

Ooh I love me some shiney Pokemon RedShell!

I've only ever caught a shiny Paras on leaf green and a shiny Ponyta on soul silver!

Would love to find one on X!! :)

I've only ever got a Red Garados (as did everyone) and a shiny Granbull on Silver, since then i've never seen another! come to think of it, i'd never even found a reliable hack/gameshark or otherwise means of getting them,

man thats depressing i've only ever gotten 1

Well i'm so behind, between Work, GTAO and supertraining my current team, all i've done on X is get past the first gym and to a battle chateau where you become a baron and played that over and over....i'm procrastinating aren't i?

You're really lucky to have gotten a normal friend zone with an audino in, Redshell!

Up until now, I've been battling hordes of spinda which has been quite good exp. I've also spammed the elite 4 with my lv100 Chestnaught which has helped me fill the pokedex considerably. It's incredibly good at soloing it!

Just beaten the first gym. Im enjoying the game so far, we'll see how long that last given my history with most Pokemon games but I'm staying hopeful. Only complaints or things I noticed were that I dont really like the controls all that much, having to keep making adjustments because you dont get a proper smooth control scheme and im glad that I never really use the 3D in 3DS games, I just turn it on for the first 10 minutes or so of each new game to see how its used and I found it a bit jarring going back and forth.

Aaahhh jealous RedShell! I have only ever had two shinies. It was horrendous too. I got a shiny Wingull - chuffed. Trained him up , put him in my team. Evolve him to Pelipper wooooottt.....then I come across....shiny Pelipper.

o_________0

This morning I found the precious 6th member of my team - Pumpkaboo. Breeding to get a male supersize, and I think I did it in the first egg, I just need to check.

I have 5 gym badges and am 24 hours or so in.

My team are:

Mr. Mime - Level 40. He is a BEAST now he's also a fairy... :laughing:

Hawlucha - Level 40. Also a beast

Gogoat - Level 40. Probably my favourite new 'mon.

Heliolisk - Level 40. On shaky ground this one. Could be binned - but its Dry Skin ability is pretty amazing.

Loving it!

Got quite a few shinies on Black/Black 2 (not caught that Shiny Haxorus yet though).My pride is my shiny Shinx (now evolved) caught using...umm, Pokeradar or something was it? Named it Lightning.

27 hours in @__@

I'm switching my team about quite a lot but right now I'm working with

pabu - Delphox (level 42)

lil' dude - venusaur (lvl 44)

Magikarp - Lapras (lvl 40)

Lucario (lvl 41)

Charmelion (lvl 32) <-- from wondertrade O_O

i'm also working on my eevee army - so far i've got normal, fire, electric, and ice types... now i'm just huntin' for that moss stone and the sun and moon shards... any clues, people?? :laughing:

Wow, I feel like I'm so behind. I'm just not getting much chance to play at the moment! I've just done the 4th gym, and so far on my team I have Doublade (40), Greninja (41), Aurorus (40), Vivillion (40), Talonflame (41) and Floette (40).

I've only ever seen two shinies: a Graveller (which self-destructed... :( ) and a Bronzor (caught). That was in Platinum, I think, so quite a while ago. Surely I must be due another one soon!

LW7FVVY.jpg

Holy Sheeeeeeet!! :o

Actually feel bad posting this seeing as many people have never found/caught a shiny, but this is just unbelievable...

I just caught another shiny Audino! :o

Audino 1:

skdz.jpg

Audino2:

cw1l.jpg

WTF?! 2 shiny Audino in the same day.

And as if that wasn't awesome enough, the new one has also become my first Pokémon of "outstanding potential", with HP, Attack and Speed stats that "can't be beat"! :awesome:

@Serebii, is there some kind of increased shiny chance in Friend Safari, or am I just having a ridiculously lucky Pokémon day? :heh:

Aaahhh jealous RedShell! I have only ever had two shinies. It was horrendous too. I got a shiny Wingull - chuffed. Trained him up , put him in my team. Evolve him to Pelipper wooooottt.....then I come across....shiny Pelipper.

o_________0

Nasty.

But I suppose the good thing about that (same situation I've got now) is that you have a spare one to trade, for another shiny/decent 'mon. ;)

Only ever caught one shiny mon. It was a shiny Male Tranquil but I thought the other colour was just the female version.

Anywho, long story short I released it.

So what six types of Pokemon do you guys normally go for as your main bunch?

Think I'll end up having Fire, Water, Grass, Rock, Fighting and normal (love Pidgeotto)

• Fire
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Electric
  • Dragon
  • Ground/Rock/Steel/Fight

The first five are normally present, but this really depends on the actual Pokemon that makes the team.

I don't think I've ever seen a shiny. Or, I've never noticed one.

• Fire
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Electric
  • Dragon
  • Ground/Rock/Steel/Fight

The first five are normally present, but this really depends on the actual Pokemon that makes the team.

Having looked at the chart that lists what each Pokemon type is good against, Dragon types don't seem all that useful to me?

Having looked at the chart that lists what each Pokemon type is good against, Dragon types don't seem all that useful to me?

Dragons are a bitch to take down. Although the new fairy type goes a way to change that. Previously it was only really Ice type Pokemon that were effective against dragons, and not many people use Ice Pokemon in their team set up.

Dragon Pokemon are generally very strong though, so it may be an idea to look into adding one to your team if you see one you like the look of!

I thought I was finally getting my head around what the series had to offer, then I find out there's something called shiny Pokemon, d'oh.

Dragons are a bitch to take down. Although the new fairy type goes a way to change that. Previously it was only really Ice type Pokemon that were effective against dragons, and not many people use Ice Pokemon in their team set up.

Dragon Pokemon are generally very strong though, so it may be an idea to look into adding one to your team if you see one you like the look of!

Fair enough I didn't consider how difficult it was to be taken down, makes sense.

Oh my lord, I think this game has easily sky rocketed to my favourite thanks to

The Looker missions. My god, actually incredibly funny and gave you some story post-game too, actually felt very refreshing. The Japanese tourist chapter was just fucking hilarious, being able to read it all was a blast.

Is it easy to find the Aerodactyl or whatever the fossil Pokemon is called in Glittering Cave? Got its mega evolution stone and want go back and find the fossil stone if possible. I have rock smash.

Played on the game for a bit last night! Not played a game really since Yellow. So everything appears new to me.

People add me if you havent all ready!!