NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Nice one, H-o-T. icon14.gif

Wowzers! :o Any Rare Candys involved in that, or was it purely Exp from battles?

Just battles. I never did any grinding either.

In terms of moves, should I be having my Pokemon forget moves that don't coincide with their specific type? Always best to go for like for like right?

Also do you guys always let your Pokemon evolve? I assumed this would be a no brainer but in-game one of the NPCs mentioned something about stopping them from evolving?

In terms of moves, should I be having my Pokemon forget moves that don't coincide with their specific type? Always best to go for like for like right?

Also do you guys always let your Pokemon evolve? I assumed this would be a no brainer but in-game one of the NPCs mentioned something about stopping them from evolving?

No. What if your fighting something that either resists or is immune to your typing? Best to have various attack types so you don't get walled or even fight back against something that has a type advantage over you.

Some Pokemon learn different moves or learn moves earlier if you don't evolve them but it's hard to say when we don't have accurate move lists at the minute.

Think about the Pokemon's attack and special attack stat, and other attributes such as speed. And also the power and accuracy of the move and if its a physical attack (makes contact with pokemon) or a special attack (Doesn't make contact) in-line with the aforementioned attack stats.

:)

I've always evolved my 'mon, just had 2 evolutions on the way into work (Pidgey to Pidgetotto and Riolu to Lucario). Managed to snag an Abra yesterday, took 3 attempts as the thing teleports if the Pokeball/Greatball fails.

I'm still working towards the 2nd gym, have all my team so far over the level of 20.

Have they made it easier to catch legendaries now? Because I caught Xerneas earlier (in a standard Pokéball of course :cool:) but get a load of this, I only needed 1 Pokéball!! :o Yep, got it with the very first one. No capture power active and it wasn't a critical capture either.

Just a single bog standard Pokéball. :laughing:

Just battles. I never did any grinding either.
Not bad. :)

My highest level Pokémon is still Diggersby at Lv. 72, and I'm heading for the 8th gym.

No. What if your fighting something that either resists or is immune to your typing? Best to have various attack types so you don't get walled or even fight back against something that has a type advantage over you.

I kind of disagree ie teaching a Gyarados flamethrower - though super effective against Grass - is a waste of a slot regarding Gyarados' special attack stat. I'd say just raise a varied bunch of mon, rather than make every Pokemon super effective to everything.

Have they made it easier to catch legendaries now? Because I caught Xerneas earlier (in a standard Pokéball of course :cool:) but get a load of this, I only needed 1 Pokéball!! :o Yep, got it with the very first one. No capture power active and it wasn't a critical capture either.

Just a single bog standard Pokéball. :laughing:

Yeah, took me two ultra balls. I was quite surprised by it. Pokeball>>>Ultra Ball confirmed. :)

Have they made it easier to catch legendaries now?

The one on the box tend to have higher catch rates. They did this in B/W with Reshiram/Rom.

I kind of disagree ie teaching a Gyarados flamethrower - though super effective against Grass - is a waste of a slot regarding Gyarados' special attack stat. I'd say just raise a varied bunch of mon, rather than make every Pokemon super effective to everything.

I was talking about the move type, not the stat. If you teach Pikachu only electric moves it gets walled by ground types. Teach it Iron Tail which is a Steel type move and you can damage them. Gyarados would be fine with a Flying type move of which is also his typing (and would also receive an attack boost)..

Obviously you should be teaching physical/special moves to whatever stat is better. Unless that pokemon can pull off being a mixed attacker.

I feel like I have a mountain to learn :( never played a prior Pokemon game or a proper RPG

Oh crap, there's like three different varieties of these monkey-fellas. I've just replaced my giant-turtle-majigger and my moth-whatchmacallit for the water & fire version. Awesome. Also, got my lil' flower-bulb-thingymiwig in the mix. Hope there's plenty of trainers around to get them up to snuff.

Added...

S.C.G.

Rezourceman

Serebii

Ike

Jimbob

RedShell

Ronnie

Done for right now (red light, charger in other room).

Just went o Serebii's to see how many colours of Flabebe there are and YES got them all! Then saw the Vivillion variations...OH MY! Anyone going to try and get them all? I think I'll give it a try.

Furfrou. I know they can be made to look different, but are there variations between genders? I saw the couple who have them (trainers, double battle) are different, but are those gender based or are they purely just cosmetic from the Furfrou salon?

I have met a very odd looking man in a pink outfit in his hotel room, He says he likes O rings or something and wants to share something with me, the room then goes dark and i have no idea what just went on ?

What are O rings :S lol

Surely those who have blitzed through all the gyms cant have had any fun doing so?!

Call me old fashioned, but I love getting to the gym leaders and knowing I'm gonna be facing a bit of a battle! Or having to go out into the wild and get my Pokemon to a suitable level to be able to take them on - even evolve one of my Pokemon so I have a better chance after a failed attempt(s)!

I'm up to gym 4 and my Pokemon are all just level 30. I have 4 in my party. If one of my Pokemon starts tearing ahead of the others, I panic! Haha. I like them all to level up at the same time at the same rate, and have always done it that way in the Pokemon games! But it's cool that the game lets everyone play it their own way, depending on what type of trainer they are!

I'm loving it so far! As I get further in, I will look to add another Pokemon, but at the min 4 is enough. Plus I haven't come across any I feel will fit into my team yet!

Finally evolved Kirlia into Gardevoir :love:

Currently on my way to the third gym, all my pokes are level 30. I'm loving this as much as Johto.

Surely those who have blitzed through all the gyms cant have had any fun doing so?!

It's hardly blitzing the game when I've put over 20 hours into it. As I said before I never did any grinding, I never had to. The game is very generous with its EXP meaning I was over levelled for most of the game. It's by far the easiest mainline Pokemon game I've played. Even the Elite 4 were a piece of cake, with me only having to use 3 out of the 6 Pokemon I was carrying.

Just debating now whether to play any of the post game content or just slam it on ebay for a quick cash return.

What are everyone's favourite new pokés then? I'm only early in the game but I love my Vivillon. Not sure why, just really like the design.

I'm attached to my team moreso than usual, I don't want to swap anyone out when I catch something new! Perhaps because I've put the time in to the mega training mini game? I won't box my starters (Frogadier + Wartortle), keeping Combusken around so I get to use Mega Blaziken, Fletchinder is in there as Fletchling was the first new pokémon I caught, and Pidgeotto because it was the first pokémon I caught overall! And then there's Vivillon! Quite an unbalanced team in terms of types, but I love them all!

All are around level 22 thanks to EXP. Share, and I've actually rotated more than before, where I would have previously relied more on just my starter. About to enter the cave to go to Ambrette Town.

Just been fapping around with the Wonder Trade, a lovely thing. Although all I've managed to get are Japanese Pokémon and one French Caterpie.

QUESTIONS!

A] Can you rename Pokémon obtained in trades in this game?

B] If it evolves, will it the name change of the Pokémon into its new (and hopefully English) forme?

C] Can you be semi-racist and forbid and Japanese Pokémon coming to you?

Just been fapping around with the Wonder Trade, a lovely thing. Although all I've managed to get are Japanese Pokémon and one French Caterpie.

QUESTIONS!

A] Can you rename Pokémon obtained in trades in this game?

B] If it evolves, will it the name change of the Pokémon into its new (and hopefully English) forme?

C] Can you be semi-racist and forbid and Japanese Pokémon coming to you?

If it's name hasnt been changed then a Japanese Pokemons name will go back to English once evolved. I checked this today.

It's hardly blitzing the game when I've put over 20 hours into it. As I said before I never did any grinding, I never had to. The game is very generous with its EXP meaning I was over levelled for most of the game. It's by far the easiest mainline Pokemon game I've played. Even the Elite 4 were a piece of cake, with me only having to use 3 out of the 6 Pokemon I was carrying.

Just debating now whether to play any of the post game content or just slam it on ebay for a quick cash return.

I didn't mean blitzed through by play time. I meant with just one Pokemon knocking everything out. Like I say, we're all different in how we play the game and I would personally hate to end up having one really strong Pokemon that just owns everything in its path! But as I pointed out, I am a bit particular with how I play the game haha! :laughing:

If it's name hasnt been changed then a Japanese Pokemons name will go back to English once evolved. I checked this today.

Awesome, I've bagged a Gabite, Pikachu and Ralts (and one Zangoose but that won't evolve)

I did those Super Training exercises, well the 6 Lv. 1 ones, but they haven't boosted any stats? It says HP +3 upon completion but my Wartortle didn't change? Anyone know why?

What are everyone's favourite new pokés then? I'm only early in the game but I love my Vivillon. Not sure why, just really like the design.

It's all about Binacle.

Also...ashamed to admit that after ragging on Honedge so much, I like him a lot. :laughing::kiss:

It's hardly blitzing the game when I've put over 20 hours into it.

Holy crap, I'm at 27 hours and only just reached the fourth gym! I've been dawdling. :p

I really like Froakie's 2 evolutions, think it's replaced the Charmander line as my favourite starters. Pancham and Honedge are also cool.