NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

On the other side of things, it appears the leaks (and ROM ripping off previous titles) has meant a lot of sites aren't getting the game to review :(

Yup - I had originally been promised a review copy 'late September, early October', then yesterday was told there will be no more copies sent out until launch. :(

charizardx.png

For those who haven't seen

tumblr_inline_mfjfubDFkT1qaqsz7.gif

I hope there is a mega Pikachu

EGQXPgP.jpg

....yeah

i can't really contribute anything to the conversation other than the basic YAY i'm really excited for pokemon, and YAY i've been rocking out to the Pokemon X album in my car on the way to work, and HMM! how will i divide my time between 3 games when Pokemon AND [noparse]AA:DD[/noparse] are both released and i still have my flowers to water in animal crossing?! :bouncy:

(i just spent about 20 seconds trying to get my cursor over the "bouncy" smiley and kept failing 'cause it was moving around...*sigh!* long day...!)

Starters final evo's typings:

Fire/Physic

Water/Dark

Grass may be Grass/Fighting going by the second type strengths/weaknesses.

Starters final evo's typings:

Fire/Physic

Water/Dark

Grass may be Grass/Fighting going by the second type strengths/weaknesses.

Hmm, makes sense. Especially given how Infernape, Emboar and Blaziken have been what they were.

Nice, I'm happy with that. Not unique typing but I'll definitely take it.

Are there pictures?

Ohhhhh fuck. Just seen it and it sucks. The hell.

maxresdefault.jpg

That is so bad that I'm not sure I can even stomach choosing Fennekin.

Edited by ReZourceman

You haven't heard its cry yet though! Always hear the cry first!!

I mean Stoutland's and Combee's cries make them VERY EPIC pokemon indeed. I loved them so much, I can imitate it myself. :love:

Anyway, going from an aesthetics perspective, it reminds me of Blaziken. It was the masculine strong fighting chicken (that evolved from a little chick). And now we have A feminine sorcery fox! (that evolved from a little four legged fox). I love the concept.

You were all probably expecting a ninetales look alike, but I like the variation in this a lot.

Delphox -

clkuYt0.png

HOGdgLn.png

Greninja -

9j41.png

and here comes the pain....

Chesnaught -

5won.png

1dg8.png

Also saw this om GAF and thought it'd be handy here...

1380770121950.png

Edited by Murr

You may want to put a spoiler tag on that image. I'm not bothered but others may want to find out what the Pokemon look like for themselves.

Ah yeah, suppose I better had.

Well I can already see how my team is going to shape up. And it's going to be very fire orientated. I'm really not that fussed about competitive stats etc etc, I pick my teams based on if I like the Pokemon. And based on that so far my team looks like it'll be...

Chesnaught

Charizard

Talonflame

Pyroar (male)

Pangoro

Undecided on a 6th just yet. As you can see... I like Fire.

Might just go with the Fire starter, keep tradition going. Froakie's final evolution is pretty cool though, probably my favourite design but I'm not too found of any of them.

Sounds like Nintendo have unleashed the ninjas to take some names.

Nintendo flew a representative out this afternoon and went to the local game shop where I picked up X. The Nintendo rep had said heads were rolling at Nintendo because of the leaks. I gave up my copy of the game to try and help keep the local game shop out of trouble and to keep my friend from losing his job.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=213668

Hype levels are getting very high for this now. Holidays booked for next week in preparation (yes, I'm that sad) (and i also had holidays to take), so I'm good to go!

Cannot decide which starter I want but I like the idea of fire / psychic typing. Picking the fire starter seems to be the thing to do for most people, whereas I've always favoured the other types over the fire starters personally. Looking likely it'll be water for meeee!

Geninja looks too simple for me to be a starter :/ and not liking its weak defenses. Might have to go for Chesnaught - imagine it and Samurott together, hardcore ish. I´ve always found Breloom useful too. Though I wonder how much damage Geninja's Bounce will do against Chesnaught.

Never played a Pokemon game, never really even been close to getting one, but somewhat tempted to try this one. Can't decide whether to give it a go or not.

Hype levels are getting very high for this now. Holidays booked for next week in preparation (yes, I'm that sad) (and i also had holidays to take), so I'm good to go!

Nothing sad about that at all. I do it all the time. It's something you're interested in and is no different than using a holiday to say watching a football match.

I'm still back and forth on whether to get this or not. The last mainline Pokemon game I really enjoyed was probably Fire Red and the others after just did nothing for me. I guess we will see what happens closer to release day.

Updated Pokemons spotted so far...

1380848021844.png

Really... is that a set of keys Pokemon?

I think i'm going Froakie but Chespin's final evo looks like Destructor from Futurama (the big robot bender fights as gender bender)