NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

If this increases the chances of Mewtwo returning for the next Smash Bros, I'm all for it :grin:

@Ramar: There were 2 Mewtwo movies. I think that is the 2nd one.

Not quite. There are 3 Mewtwo movies

Mewtwo Strikes Back (The first)

Mewtwo Returns (A TV movie)

Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens (The latest one. Trailer below)

All three are interconnected with Mewtwo having gone to the city the latest one is set within right at the end of Mewtwo Returns

That scene is from the original Japanese version of Mewtwo Strikes Back. The scene was removed from the dub due to it not doing well in focus tests, and seemingly "dragging" the movie. It came as a special feature to the west during the DVD release of Mewtwo Returns

Edited by Serebii

Some of the fanart coming out about Newtwo is just awesome. One of my favourites:

tumblr_mkv3rokVWv1qkfzbjo1_500.png

Mewtwo Returns (A TV movie)

WRONG!

It went straight to VHS not TV. I HAD EET. I still might!

GET YOUR SOURCES STRAIGHT.

All three are interconnected with Mewtwo having gone to the city the latest one is set within right at the end of Mewtwo Returns

Whoa whoa whoa.

So you're saying that after Mewtwo Returns all the anime inbetween didn't happen/did happen at the speed of light?!

WRONG!

It originated as a feature-length TV special in Japan on December 30, 2000.

Your move. :p

WRONG!

GET YOUR SOURCES STRAIGHT.

Whoa whoa whoa.

So you're saying that after Mewtwo Returns all the anime inbetween didn't happen/did happen at the speed of light?!

No, I mean the scene with Mewtwo in the city at the end of the movie is Mewtwo in the city that the new movie is set in

And get my sources straight? Please :p

All very interesting stuff, can't wait to find out the actual story behind it

right now it could be anything, hell it could be Mew's natural evolution for all we know, or an opposing sex version of Mewtwo created by mewtwo himself so he could breed have some sexy sensual loving with a lady mon

All very interesting stuff, can't wait to find out the actual story behind it

right now it could be anything, hell it could be Mew's natural evolution for all we know, or an opposing sex version of Mewtwo created by mewtwo himself so he could breed have some sexy sensual loving with a lady mon

We all know how it is :p

Hs2Nzpa.png

Seriously though, all evidence is pointing to it being a new form

And get my sources straight? Please :p

Yeah, out of everyone here you're the most unreliable.

Everyone knows that.

¬_¬

*Fingers crossed for Mewtwo's return in Smash Bros, now with a Final Smash included*

*Fingers crossed for Mewtwo's return in Smash Bros, now with a Final Smash included*

smash.jpg

Enough said

Hope the rumour of a new Fairy type is true! I'd love some new Pokemon types! (Also it would give us the right to call Serebii a fairy too if he gets retyped ;) )

I'd like to see Sound-type personally.

It's already established, around two dozen moves are listed as Sound and other than the 5 that aren't, they're all Normal-type so could be easily converted. There's also an ability which renders those move useless. Type (dis)advantages could be determined by how sound affects things. Vibrations can be strong enough to cripple Rock etc. while neutral to things like Fire and Electricity and can be disrupted easily by Water etc. which it'd be not effective against. Established Pokémon could be like Jigglypuff, Kricketune, Meloetta etc.

I struggle to see the logic in a Fairy-type. It just doesn't seem to fit. What would its weaknesses and resistances be? It just doesn't seem to fit as logical. At least it's not as bad as the "Love-type" a certain webmaster is pushing as likely. I mean what the hell is that?

Edited by Serebii

Fairy (or Light as some people think it might be localised as) would only be super effective against/resist Dark and Ghost, I can't think why that is need though.

Was thinking about the type charts and it seems pretty balanced at the moment so i can't figure out why they would introduce a new type to potentially cause an inbalance.

Fairy

Super Effective: Ghost, Psychic, Dark

Not Very Effective: Electric, Normal, Steel

Resistances: Fighting, Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Ground

Weaknesses: Electric, Rock, Normal, Ice

Fairies are associated with flying creatures, so they'd inherit some characteristics of the Flying type, while their spiritual nature tackles the Ghost/Dark/Psycic trio. Throw in a resistance to Fighting (cause it doesn't need yet another type that its strong against!), a weakness to Rock & Ice (which desperately need a buff) and a weakness to Normal (Denoting a lack of spiritual influence, plus how awesome would it be to see Normal being strong against something for once?) and voila! :)

Edited by Dcubed

Right kids. I'd like to introduce you to four new Pokémon

corocoro5131.jpgcorocoro5132.jpg

First, the Pokémon on the far right is called Gogoat (ゴーゴート literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech

The lizard is called Elikiteru (エリキテル) and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricity

The bird is called Yayakoma (ヤヤコマ) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg. It announces itself with a beautiful voice. It can use the move Nitro Charge

The panda is called Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark

There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking. It also promises more information on Gogoat on a later page.

The game is set in the Karos Region which appears to be based on France. You can customise your trainer slightly with hair colour and skin shade. Main city is Miare City which is where it is seen to ride Gogoat

Already saw it on serebii haha ;)

I really love the robin bird, the design is nice and clean. But the others look awesome too, really glad!

I AM SO hyped the region is actually based on France, there are rumours going around on tumblr that the Elite 4 is situated in the top right corner (where Belgium and the Netherlands would be)

I hope the character customisation starts of simple like it is shown here, but more clothes become available later on or something.

Either way, these games are surely going to be a total bomb!

These are some really solid designs, really happy with them, the panda especially. Glad we have confirmation on character customisation even if it seems limited at the moment, maybe we get rewarded with more options eg. hat designs as you go through the game.

Like the designs, Panda and Robin are great. Wonder if Yayakoma is the Pidgey of X&Y..?

So do we think the Robin is the generations "Bird" Pokemon ala Pidgey, Pidove etc?

If so he's guaranteed a spot in my team.

Panda looks awesome :)

So far this gen is very much win