NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

It's 10 minutes long

9 mins of Iwata holding a Pokeball and then announces Pokemon 3DS/Wii U. Ends.

That will do me. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

It's 10 minutes long

That's all it needs to be. They're not gonna go too into detail just yet (that's what the rest of the year is for!)

Just a quick overview, some of the key features (Streetpass/Spotpass use etc), a couple of the new mons and ending with a teaser trailer.

Ok, time for speculation! Full 3D environments (rotatable camera with touch screen) that are fully interactive (ALA Zelda and Golden Sun), 3D characters and battles (no more sprites), box management at any time (but you can only change out your party at a PKMN centre), Streetpass trading via a special "Streetpass Box" in your PC, event Pokemon and items added secretly in the background via Spotpass, more Rotation and Triple battles (but no new battle types), Surveys now done with Streetpass, always-connected online for everything (so no more waiting for it to connect to the internet to do anything, with real-time game sync for the Dream World!), EV training made even easier through a Streetpass enabled Join Avenue equivalent!

And that's just for starters! :D

Edited by Dcubed

The ability to walk diagonally please!

Seriously,....

Of all the things, ....

:blush:

Out of everything that, .....

Though it might actually be crazy enough to work!

9 mins of Iwata holding a Pokeball and then announces Pokemon 3DS/Wii U. Ends.

That will de me. :D

Iwata sings the Pokerap for 9 minutes.

Electrode Diglett Nidoran Mankey

Venusaur Rattata Fearow Pidgey

Seaking Jolteon Dragonite Gastly

Ponyta Vaporeon Polywrath Butterfree...

Looks like I'm going to YouTube to watch stuff about 90's Cartoons again.

Well this confirms its more than pokemon typing adventure 2 then if a ND is coming

the one thing i'd really really really want them to include is a Machete, for the love of god please

"oh look firetype pokemon pokemon lets continue along route X, oh no a wooden fence, well lets find the gap"

*walks and sees a small bush*

"oh god no the humanity, you don't know cut....maybe you can burn the little bush down"

*oak's voice* "you can't do that"

"who the hell? well i'll step over it"

*oak's voice* "you can't do that"

and so on for every normal conceivable way a person would go around a small bush, you can't even climb a small fence....

the cut HM is so forced, the rest surf, fly, strength, wirlpool, rock smash (maybe rock climb since your character won't have equipment) are all self explanatory, but the fact a small bush stops you? good lord

why don't the military set up a hedge line of bushes around there bases in the Pokemon universe? they'd be impregnable

In all serious though, i'd at best want the game if it moved away from sprites (and i'd be happy it stayed that way) would be for it to go as a 2.5d top down style like the zelda ds games.

Realistically i'd like a longer version of black/white so multi region 16+ gym sprite based game, with 100 new pokemon.....and no new legendaries shoe horned into the god like hierachy, let them just be legendary

This may actually be the first Nintendo Direct to ever do a megaton

Lies! The announcement of Monster Hunter heading to the west and Bayonetta was a megaton BD.

This may actually be the first Nintendo Direct to ever do a megaton

Is it fair to say that, traditionally, even brand new generation reveals come through the Japanese channels before any sort of worldwide announcement?

I'm struggling to think of the last major worldwide Pokémon announcement.

Pokemon Snap 2 please.

This.

Man, it would be so epic with an office chair :bouncy:

Is it fair to say that, traditionally, even brand new generation reveals come through the Japanese channels before any sort of worldwide announcement?

B2W2 was essentially worldwide. Japan got it about 5 minutes before

If we're in megaton territory then if we're lucky it'll be an MMO on both 3DS and Wii U.

Back of my mind though is maybe a Pokemon Colosseum-esque game.

Well the release gaps have been shortening with every release (B&W2 now holds the record with just a 4 month gap between its JPN and western release), so this'll probably continue that trend.

Oh imagine if we could actually see the first ever simultaneous worldwide release of a Pokemon game! :D

If we're in megaton territory then if we're lucky it'll be an MMO on both 3DS and Wii U.

Back of my mind though is maybe a Pokemon Colosseum-esque game.

Pokémon would NOT fit as an MMO

Another idea would be a Pokemon game using NFC with either cards or figurines considering how popular Skylanders is.

Another idea would be a Pokemon game using NFC with either cards or figurines considering how popular Skylanders is.

Yup. I would love this, though my wallet wouldn't!

Masuda is against things like that, and paid DLC

Pokémon would NOT fit as an MMO

Why the hell not?

It wouldn't be conceptually complex to make, Pokemon is a relatively simply RPG after all. I could picture it now: a massive open world, lots of trainers with Pokemon at their side, Rattatas running in the tall grass, Pidgeys flying overhead. Big neon cities where trainers come to show off their pokemans and do battle. Combat would be kept turn-based of course.

The idea has loads of potential, but obviously a Pokemon MMO would never happen because it's Nintendo we're talking about.

A main series style MMO just wouldn't fit. It'd just be ridiculous, filled with trolls and things such as that. The battle system would have to change, nearly everything would.

Now a spin-off, that could work