NEurope
Sarka

Ocarina of Time

Ok...I'm going through this game again...I'm stuck at the water temple, again I may add, just beat Dark Bard (yes, yes I know), but I can't find the boss key. Bastard. I can't say it's the best game of all time tbh, or even close.

Ok...I'm going through this game again...I'm stuck at the water temple, again I may add, just beat Dark Bard (yes, yes I know), but I can't find the boss key. Bastard. I can't say it's the best game of all time tbh, or even close.

It was, if you played it back in 1998 it really was.

It was, if you played it back in 1998 it really was.

I did, well, I got it about a year later, and it was fantastic...but I liked LTTP better...and Chrono Trigger...:heh:...but you already knew that...lol

I did that temple recently, and I can't say it was THAT hard. I expected the game to have dungeons like that.

Yeah, it's not that hard, it's just tedious. I thought that there would be some sort of strategy to beating Dark Link, so I tried all sorts of goofy shit. Turns out, all I had to do was mash attack.

I just finished this game today! The water and spirit temples were a lot easier than I remember - as was the final boss. Shadow temple was horrid though - next up, I must complete MM!

I'm in the process of completing Ocarina of Time. At the moment, i'm just entering the Shadow Temple. I've got 85 Skulltulas, 17 Heart Containers, 50 Arrow Quiver, 50 Bomb Bag. Lets just say that i've done and got absolutly everything up to the Shadow Temple

I'm playing thruogh Ocarina for the first time! Just complaeted th shdow temple- hard as ice! The water temple is my favourite, though. It was easy abd so was the boss! Hated the forest temple- it was hard, confuding and boring. Hope th Tp one isn't

I'm in the process of completing Ocarina of Time. At the moment, i'm just entering the Shadow Temple. I've got 85 Skulltulas, 17 Heart Containers, 50 Arrow Quiver, 50 Bomb Bag. Lets just say that i've done and got absolutly everything up to the Shadow Temple

Update: I've now got all 100 Skulltulas, all 20 Heart Containers, the Ice and Light Arrows, Golden Gauntlets, the last fairy upgrade and i've cleared the first section of Ganon's Castle. All in all, it will take me about 1/2 -1 hr of gameplay to beat the game again.

jimbobs quite legendary. I doubt Ill ever be able to take the time to go through that and get every last thing in it! I think on my only full play through all them years ago that I got everything except the Golden Skulltulas, cos Im pretty sure I got them Gauntlets and Arrows (assuming theyre optional lol.)

I tried to complete Minish Cap with 100% but I failed. The annoying thing is trying to keep track of what youve done for when you go back to it. ::shrug:

As for Temples in OoT, Im with you on the Forest Temple being annoying. I must say that I found most of em pretty annoying as Adult Link. Fire was difficult in places, Water was weird... Shadow one ate up the hearts but wasnt so bad puzzle wise. I spose they all have their dodgy points eh!

lol

me again.

I love the temple of time- that's MY favourite temple.

So eery- especially the music!

Just rescuesed the third carpenter from Gerudo Fortress- so frustrating.

Can't wait till the spirit temple

Tried to play it again on Friday night, and Ive realised how incredibley boring it is replaying until you get to the temples.

I'm stuck on the Water Temple... bloody bugger. I breezed through the Fire and Forest Temples, but I can't find another small key to open the door to get to Dark Link (the small key door in the same room as the moving flatforms with the hookshot grippy bits on them). I've literately been into every room on every water level. Bloody hell, what am I doing wrong?

Can anyone help?

Ah some more nostalgia. I've played this game 5 times to the end, but it is still a great game. Even though it's poorer quality than gamecube titles, this is still my number 2 game of all time.

And if there is any game, I would have a non-gamer play than it would be this game.

A few months ago I finally completed this game 100% despite having the game since launch. There was always 1 Gold Skulltula missing from my collection and I couldn't find it. I ran all over Hyrule so many time checking the same places over and over.

Despite knowing it wasn't really the case, I had pretty much decided that there must be a glitch with my game!

Not long ago though I found that Skulltula!!!

It was in the ground outside the entrance to Dondongo Cavern; where you plant a flying plant; and you have to use insects to get the Skulltula out!

I'm sure I must have checked there many times before! maybe I just didn't save the game after finding it before, who knows!!

Finally a 100% Clear Ocarina of Time!!

I'm stuck on the Water Temple... bloody bugger. I breezed through the Fire and Forest Temples, but I can't find another small key to open the door to get to Dark Link (the small key door in the same room as the moving flatforms with the hookshot grippy bits on them). I've literately been into every room on every water level. Bloody hell, what am I doing wrong?

Can anyone help?

I can't really remember what you need to do, but something that used to catch me out in the water temple was:

When you raise the water level, the ground floor of the central column (in the middle of the water temple) raises up and you can drop down a level; I think there may be a chest there.

^ I often missed that key, under the block! And just above the room with ruto there's a bombable wall with a key I always missed. Frustrating times...

I've played this so many times though I could zip through the water temple with my eyes closed.

Master quest was great for people who know OoT a bit too well. Though I did get really stuck in the new water temple.

As for Majora's Mask. Obviously it's better looking since it's expansion-pack'd and everything. It was also great because it was a completely different (and dark) type of adventure. Not as epic and compelling as Ocarina though. It wasn't better or worse it was different.

Best temple was clearly the Spirit Temple(s). The Forest Temple music used to scare me and the Water Temple was mad but I loved it. I can't say I have any least favourite temples.

And overrated?? No mate, just no. I didn't buy Ocarina for ages becuase I thought it was overrated. But then I reluctantly played my friend's copy for an hour or so and bought it the next day. I was completely amazed at how shockingly good it turned out to be. Im-freakin-mense.

Why did so many people find the Water Temple difficult?

I didn't...

You are joking, right?

You are joking, right?

Yea, actually I did't find the water temple that hard...just a bit confusing:bouncy:

I loved the bit when you fought Shaow Link in that massive room/illusion!:grin:

I thought the water temple on ocarina was like a maze. Everytime I think of it I shudder, even though it was nine years since I last played it.

But I feel cheated with the water temple on Twilight, it was no way near as bad.

I've just started playing through this again without collecting any heart pieces. I've just finished jabujabu. I'm looking forward to the 'real' temples with such little health. Especially the shadow temple boss ha that'll be immense!

Anyone here beaten the game without collecting a single heart piece and per dungeon no picking up of hearts that fill your health or not a single use of fairies or potions or anything to revive Link throughout the entire game?

Anyone here beaten the game without collecting a single heart piece and per dungeon no picking up of hearts that fill your health or not a single use of fairies or potions or anything to revive Link throughout the entire game?

have you??