N-Europe

Arctic Monkeys Day - 23/01/2006

Platty

Good evening fellow forumites.

Anyone else really looking forward to the Arctic Monkeys debut album - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not? or do you think they are the most hyped up load of rubbish NME has ever printed in her insides?

8513.jpg

The album comes out on the 23rd of this month and i for one am really looking forward to it. I saw them at the Leeds Festival last year and i instantly liked them.

arctic%20monkeys%20reading.jpg

Usaully Bands get so hyped up in NME that when they release an album it's utter crap and the band fades away but i dont think this will happen to Arctic Monkeys, they have enough substance behind the hype to actually be "The Next Big Thing" in my opinion.

I can't believe they sold out the Astoira without even having an album out...They have been well over hyped but i do truely think they deserve it. The album, new gigs and tours in 2006 will show this.

What are you thoughts ?

Just a heads up you can get the album from play.com for £8.99

Pre print album cover & track listings:

866280m.jpg

1 - The View From The Afternoon

2 - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

3 - Fake Tales Of San Francisco

4 - Dancing Shoes

5- You Probably Couldn't See The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me

6 - Still Take You Home

7 - Riot Van

8 - Red Indicates Doors Are Secured

9 - Mardy Bum

10 - Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...

11 - When The Sun Goes Down

12 - From The Ritz To Rubble

13 - A Certain Romance

So will you be picking up the album ?

monkeys%20logo.jpg

I fucking love Arctic Monkeys. Gonna see them next month. Have both their current singles on CD and vinyl, getting the new one in a couple of weeks and defo getting the album (though I have 'obtained' it...) Got 2 shirts. Love the album, love all the demos, love all the b-sides.... I like them. A lot. :)

"Yer not from New York City, yer from ROVRAM...."

woooo! i cant wait for this album, it will be great. two of the band went to my college, so i have to like them really. im going to see them next month at the sheffield octagon on feb 7th which should be pretty good as its probably going to be the last small venue tour that they do. arctic monkeys rule :bowdown:

I think IBYLGOTDF (hmm big acronymn) is overated. Its nice and all but whats the fuss about - really? Heard some of their other stuff on MTV and the like. I dunno, I'll give the album a try.

Better releases that day - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (I think anyway...) plus its another big damn day in my crazy Dawsoning life. Woo.

I dont know who the arctic monkeys are ._.;;

Go into guide on WMP, search arctic monekys, you'll get a live version of IBYLGOTDF, remember though, bands can sound worse live if plauyed over tv, so watch this too (when the sun goes doown)

micrositedisplayfull.asp?vidref=arct002&page=watch&FileType=ADSLProg

they are very good (imo)

Their first single was Five Minutes With Arctic Monkeys, which had Fake Tales Of San Francisco and From The Ritz To The Rubble on it. It was released about May-ish. I have it on CD and Vinyl. Woo.

I Bet You Look Good... was released in October, When The Sun Goes Down is released a week on Monday. Just clearing that up. ;)

Their first single was Five Minutes With Arctic Monkeys, which had Fake Tales Of San Francisco and From The Ritz To The Rubble on it. It was released about May-ish. I have it on CD and Vinyl. Woo.

I Bet You Look Good... was released in October, When The Sun Goes Down is released a week on Monday. Just clearing that up. ;)

Ah you sir know your stuff!