NEurope
Magnus

N-E Awards 2012

Here are some pruning suggestions from me:

Forum Pair of the Year

My man-boobs.

Kudos for Magnus for getting this off the ground.

So is there going to be a sub forum or threads per category, or do we just copy pasta all categories and vote in this thread?

So is there going to be a sub forum or threads per category, or do we just copy pasta all categories and vote in this thread?

However Magnus wants to do it.

When I did it, I did find it easier having separate threads but that could just be me.

@Magnus let me know how you want to set it up :)

Personally, i think it would be better (and easier to interact with) if we just had one thread, and people can copy and paste the awards and fill in their answers. (Or even have polls?, or are they banned?)

Personally, i think it would be better (and easier to interact with) if we just had one thread, and people can copy and paste the awards and fill in their answers. (Or even have polls?, or are they banned?)

I think this would be the best idea as well. Might not be the easiest to count, though?

It's easier for the user, but not for the poor sod who has to compile it (in my experience anyway). When it's all separate, you can do a bit at a time. When it's all together, it's more overwhelming (even if just one person has voted since you checked that can be 20+ 'ticks' that you need to tally. Furthermore, separated out is easier to keep track when people change their mind.

If people kept all their 'mind changes' to their original posts, one could lock the thread and simply go through tallying all the votes for each award.

Anyway, i don't really mind how it is done, i just think you might get more votes if you keep it in one thread. Either way is fine by me though!

I was thinking of doing separate voting threads, but now Bob has made me doubt myself. Though I think Ashley made an excellent point when he said that separate threads would be easier for me, which I think is what matters most. :p

What if we have separate threads, and each person quotes the last person, and adds their choice to the compiled list.

Be an interesting one, but how about Post of the Year

No voting involved (because technically, it's already been voted for), but simply the post that received the most "Thanks" this year, regardless of what it was.

Be an interesting one, but how about Post of the Year

No voting involved (because technically, it's already been voted for), but simply the post that received the most "Thanks" this year, regardless of what it was.

Is that something that can be searched for?

What if we have separate threads, and each person quotes the last person, and adds their choice to the compiled list.

That will mess things up if/when people change their votes, though.

Is that something that can be searched for?

Not by number of thanks, I believe. It's possible admins can.

That will mess things up if/when people change their votes, though.

And somebody is bound to just fuck it up. Somebody always does.

Yeah there's a chance someone will quote the last person, but then while they're posting someone else will post, then the first person won't happen and then suddenly Bard will be win sexiest female.

If i start now, I can search through every post made in 2012 and count up which one got the most. Then my post proclaiming which one got the most thanks will get more thanks and you can give the award to me.

If i start now, I can search through every post made in 2012 and count up which one got the most. Then my post proclaiming which one got the most thanks will get more thanks and you can give the award to me.

Hahaha! Theres a flaw in your masterplan...your post would be in 2013 so therefore ineligible

in·el·i·gi·ble

/inˈelijəbəl/

Adjective

Not eligible; legally or officially unable to be considered for a position or benefit.

Synonyms

unfit - unsuitable - unqualified

in·el·i·gi·ble

/inˈelijəbəl/

Adjective

Not eligible; legally or officially unable to be considered for a position or benefit.

Synonyms

Yes. What?

in·el·i·gi·ble

/inˈelijəbəl/

Adjective

Synonyms

Precisely. Ineligible for the position of Best Post and ineligible for the benefit of kudos/praise it would elicit.