NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

I used to find going to the gym before work was good in the sense it got me awake and had that post-gym buzz at the start of the day. But then on the other hand, the best part of my day was over before nine :heh:

Must sign up for another gym soon.

I used to find going to the gym before work was good in the sense it got me awake and had that post-gym buzz at the start of the day. But then on the other hand, the best part of my day was over before nine :heh:

Must sign up for another gym soon.

I quite enjoyed doing that. I'd be in the gym for 6-ish, doing my stuff before work. It also gets it all out of the way, so your evenings after work are all yours and you haven't got to worry about sneaking any exercise in, since you've done it already.

The downside was that I found myself flagging around mid-afternoon. 2-3 o'clock was hard and I usually just came home and crashed out for a bit.

Anyway, my arse and hamstrings ache from Leg Day and now I've got squash tonight. This is going to be fun. I'll be devastated if Ine gets a fourth straight victory.

I tended to go for lunch around 2 anyway, so would recoup then and be ready for the last few hours (i.e. be in the "fuck it" mindset).

55kg squats on Tuesday morning, dislocated my hip

0_____________________0

It was back in this morning though.

55kg squats on Tuesday morning, dislocated my hip

0_____________________0

It was back in this morning though.

Ouch. Did you have something to catch the bar or did it just fall to the floor behind you?

2 days of exercise and my legs are already like jelly from the running :heh: Was planning on doing a leg day tomorrow but we'll have to see how it goes, may just have to walk to/from the gym instead of running!

Does anyone know any decent, healthy chicken recipes? I've been going crazy with chicken salad wraps but don't want to get bored of eating the same thing all the time...

Ouch. Did you have something to catch the bar or did it just fall to the floor behind you?

I didn't fail on the squats thankfully. I do use a squat rack at the gym just for that very cause lol

I didn't notice it until I was walking out of the gym. I've had this problem before now, its just a weak socket (arthritis). It never dislocates to the point of hospitalisation, it just pops out slightly and causes masses of pain, then pops back in whenever it feels like it. :woops:

Does anyone know any decent, healthy chicken recipes? I've been going crazy with chicken salad wraps but don't want to get bored of eating the same thing all the time...

Wok is the way to go. It's easy and it tastes wonderful and is really healthy.

I didn't fail on the squats thankfully. I do use a squat rack at the gym just for that very cause lol

Good. That's why squats are a bit 'dangerous'; if one fails and doesn't have a rack, it might fall down on oneself.

I've tried it once before, when I first started squatting with free weights; I had a rack which caught the barbell but I tried to go for 5 reps of 85 kg and failed at 3, my vision blackened and I fell down, flat on my arse.

Started skipping rope as part of my exercise. Just did ten minutes and I'm knackered. Must work up to that I think!

2 days of exercise and my legs are already like jelly from the running :heh: Was planning on doing a leg day tomorrow but we'll have to see how it goes, may just have to walk to/from the gym instead of running!

Fajitas Fajitas Fajitas.

Can't go wrong with Chicken and Pasta either.

Started skipping rope as part of my exercise. Just did ten minutes and I'm knackered. Must work up to that I think!

I should really buy a (decent) skipping rope; there is this perfect spot just right to my apartment where only a few people would see me (failing). I need to practice those double unders (and also, skipping just takes the breath out of me even though I'm in decent shape!).

Edited by MindFreak

Hurt my back again doing deadlifts a couple of weeks ago. Whenever I go above 110kg my form seems to break down. Oddly though I managed a 115kg deadlift the week before i hurt myself, maybe my back was still recovering from that.

I love deads but maybe they just aren't meant to be for me. Maye I'll just stick to cleans and front squats in future.

I should really buy a (decent) skipping rope; there is this perfect spot just right to my apartment where only a few people would see me (failing). I need to practice those double unders (and also, skipping just takes the breath out of me even though I'm in decent shape!).

I was terrible. I really should be a bit more careful, but I've heard its great for fitness and I really enjoy it. So I guess its one step at a time!

Luckily I finally have a house with a garden, so as long as the dogs aren't out, I can get the space. :indeed:

I was terrible. I really should be a bit more careful, but I've heard its great for fitness and I really enjoy it. So I guess its one step at a time!

Luckily I finally have a house with a garden, so as long as the dogs aren't out, I can get the space. :indeed:

Skipping is awesome. I've got a rope and do it at the front of my flat/in the garden area on the path. It's knackering work, though.

Had Push Day and squash yesterday and Pull Day today. Squash in around 30 minutes. Am going to be pooped.

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding it tiring, I felt so puny only being able to do it for 10 minutes before crawling back upstairs. Will be doing more tomorrow morning and sunday to make up for the lack of exercise this past week.

Yeah, it's knackering, especially in this heat. I'd prefer to do it in the very late evening. Can't imagine trying to do it in the afternoon with this weather.

I've just got showered after squash. Really good match tonight that ended in a draw and I am so tired. One of those games where you could keel over at the end of it. So much sweat.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

60kg squats 5x5 hell yeaaaah :D I got dem big 20kg plates naow :D

I went over to the power rack as this really musclemuscle man was finishing and he set the rack up for me. Felt a bit awkward but it was very nice of him lol

Then I was talking to one of the new trainers, who was uber impressed with my 60kg squat :D My gym seems to have taken on at least 3 new trainers and they all have long blonde hair, a la Kurt Cobain combined with a surfer dudes body. So not complaining.

Another run done today. Do people run with music? I never did until I borrowed me birds ipod this morning. It made the run so much easier.

So I went out and bought an ipod shuffle for myself.

I pretty much do everything with music.

The one time I discovered that my headphones had broken when I got to the gym was the worst :heh:

I ALWAYS exercise with music. It's enjoyable and the time flies!

I do not run with music as my earphones for my iPod won't stay in my ears and I dislike the ones you actually put into the ear.

Also, I find my earphone-cord irritating when lifting so I usually don't listen to music then, besides what's on in the gym. I actually only listen to my own music when biking in the gym.

Then again, I rarely listen to music in the first place; almost solely while exercising and cooking.

It blows my mind that people can actually run/lift without music. I'd rather listen to horse racing commentary than the shite they play in the gym.

Nothing beats the feeling when you're out running and on the verge of keeling over, and Eye of The Tiger starts blasting away, immediately giving you that lift to get through the last few painful kilometres.

I always run with music. I don't want to hear myself huffing and puffing!