NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

Did chest this morning.

Was a bit if a joke though! Must have been local chest day or summat as every fucker in there were doing chest!! It pisses me off waiting for shit.

But yeah feeling good.

My favourite is tomorrow...arms!!

@Shorty

Too right!! Haha!

Rest Day today. Oh sheeet, that feels good.

I hate the way that your body/mind tells you, "whadda fuck you doing, you fat fuck, do some exercise!"

This was my issue for years. My retarded mind was telling me I was baby lazy even though my body was crying out for some sweet sweet rest.

@Shorty

Too right!! Haha!

Ha I removed my post because I realised it was too early in the morning and I was defaulting to sarcastic git again :p

This was my issue for years. My retarded mind was telling me I was baby lazy even though my body was crying out for some sweet sweet rest.

Yeah, I have this problem too. I feel awful on rest-days.

Rest Day today. Oh sheeet, that feels good.

I hate the way that your body/mind tells you, "whadda fuck you doing, you fat fuck, do some exercise!"

Is 6 days a week not a lot? Your body needs more time to recover to grow muscles.

Exactly. The contradiction.

Is 6 days a week not a lot? Your body needs more time to recover to grow muscles.

It depends on how you look at it. I don't really look at it as 6 days a week because

Mon Legs

Tue Push

Wed Pull

Thurs Rest

Fri Leg

Sat Push

Sun Pull

Mon Rest

Tue Legs

Wed Push

Thu Pull

Fri Rest

Sat Legs

Sun Push

So, look at that second week, you'll be getting 2 days of rest, so it's never ALWAYS 6 days a weeks. The way I see it, every "cycle" has 4 or 5 days. Those days are independent of what the day (Mon Tues Wed) actually is. My cycle is Legs Push Pull Rest. But, if my body needs it, it can then go to 5 days and become Legs Push Rest Pull Rest and then begin again. I go by how the body feels and the body will know if you need to rest or not. I will always do a rest session after Pull, but I can add others in if I need it.

Also, the way of looking at it is that when you're hitting your chest and shoulders, you're also resting your legs that day, so your body parts are getting rest time due to the grouping, which is the essential part of it. When you're deadlifting, you're not working your chest and triceps, so they're getting a rest that day, too. Same when you hit legs, you're not predominantly working biceps and back or traps.

I'm a little annoyed. I've put weight on! I'm thinking of not stepping on the scales again and just measuring my body instead! My chest has DEFINITELY got smaller, I can see that. My arms have got bigger (in a muscular way) and my legs are more toned than they have ever been. My stomach has got slimmer too so I don't understand it. I think the scales are wrong, they must be...

I'm a little annoyed. I've put weight on! I'm thinking of not stepping on the scales again and just measuring my body instead! My chest has DEFINITELY got smaller, I can see that. My arms have got bigger (in a muscular way) and my legs are more toned than they have ever been. My stomach has got slimmer too so I don't understand it. I think the scales are wrong, they must be...

Muscle weighs more than fat.

Got back from holidays so I can start going to the gym again. Unfortunately my subscription ends on the 10th of September and I don't have money to renew it. Hopefully my dad will pay for it by then so I can go swimming too.

Do people think that doing weightlifting, swimming and jogging is too much?

Bought 5kg weights, pretty cheap. Need to work more on my chest muscles, have to start doing pushups...

Think I'm going to join Easy Gym for one month. Planning to join Fitness First when I move in early October, but for now I feel that I need to be in a gym. Don't mind the occasional run, but can't see myself doing it for a whole month, plus I want to focus on weights and what not. Shame swimming costs so much (and there's not a place near me).

So yeah, going to join a gym for one month. Here's to no joining fees!

Do people think that doing weightlifting, swimming and jogging is too much?

Just don't do them all in the same day.

So I think I've asked this before, but I forget/whatever. Need some exercise advice to actually make a difference to my cheesestring frame. When I was at my work gym I was mostly just going because I wanted to exercise, but now I want to actually make a difference to my body. I was making slight progress before bench pressing, doing squats and using various machines but anyone got any recommendations.

tl;dr I know nothing about this shit. Help!

What do you want to achieve exactly? do you want to add muscle, a bit of added size (lol)?

There a million different exercises you could be doing in the gym but it's best to start of with the basics, the moves that have worked for years and are included in most people's workout. Essentially you want to do exercises that will work every part of the body. The easiest and quickest way to do this is through compound moves that utilise multiple body parts at the same time.

Chest - Bench Press/Dumbbell Press (flat/inlcine)

Shoulders - Overheard Press with Barbell/Dumbbells

Back - Pull ups/Inverted Rows/Bent over Barbell/Dumbbell rows.

Legs - Squats/Deadlift/Lunges

Some form of that will work every major muscle group. You could add in other things like Bicep curl or Triceps extensions but their still getting hit in those moves. In my experience people tend to fail when they start adding in too many things into their programs. Unless you're a bodybuilder, you don't need to be in the gym for 3 hours on every visit.

@Jon's advice is sound. Do what he says, get plenty of rest and look at the food you are eating. You'll need to look at that if you want to put on significant clean mass. Are you a veggie?

Add muscle primarily, but I suppose a bit of size as I've not got much to work with in the first place (lol).

Watching a video about overhead press (as I wasn't too sure about it) and they have Hey Mickey playing in the background. Urgh.

Unless you're a bodybuilder, you don't need to be in the gym for 3 hours on every visit.

Don't worry, that won't be happening. I tend to spend about an hour in there. Any more just feels a bit pointless (to me).

Then do 15-20 minutes of cardio and two of the compound exercises, JonSt mentioned. That could be squat + pull-ups on day 1, deadlift + bench press day 2, shoulder press + lunges day 3, rest as needed but at least every 4th day. In terms of numbers, do ~10 reps for 4 rounds the first 3-6 weeks. You may add weight as needed but not too much. Then move down to 8 reps with noticeably more weight for 4 weeks or so, until you are ready to move down to 4-6 reps per round which is where you gain serious strength.

hey mickey yo so finnnnneeee

*ahem*

My pt was doing chest press with resistence bands..... boy thats hard. Bar comes down hard and its freakin horrible to get up. Then front squats! 50kg pb!

Did some more hang power clean work. Then my pt was like NOW you use that in a power clean from the floor. 50kg up to ma freaking nose, normally I can only do that with like the 17.5kg bar. Boooyah. That feels. Better than ANYTHING in the world :3

Took my blood pressure today - 100/66.

2 years ago I was pre-hypertensive at 135/85.

No meds and no cardio. Just lifting.

<3 lifting!

Did shoulders today. Felt the burrrrrn.

Back day tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I think I do need to cut down my rest period in between sets. Im just finding myself monging out when I ought to be lifting!

First day at the gym! And completely forgot to stretch which was really stupid. Going to be in a world of pain tomorrow but that'll teach me I suppose.

I never stretch before a workout.

I've done a full week of weightlifting since I've been back and it's gone very well. Also did some light swimming a couple of times. Really feeling good about it.

I do a full set of stretches once a week - then I do whatever stretches I feel like I need to do prior to my training.

I'm hyperflexible in most places so its pointless for me to spend hours on stretching and mobility, but there are areas I work on a lot, like my quads which are a bit tight.

I never stretch before a workout.

I've done a full week of weightlifting since I've been back and it's gone very well. Also did some light swimming a couple of times. Really feeling good about it.

Really?

I couldn't imagine going running, lifting or doing any sort of sport without some stretching. Sure fire way to get injured, going in cold.