NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

Oh I don't do any gym sessions on a fast, some people swear by it but I'd be on the floor in 5 minutes. My gym sessions are...well extreme to say the least :P I've left the gym bleeding more than once!

On my routine I can gym on sat/sun/tue/thu so its more than enough for me lol

My god my shoulders are in a world of ache.... :(

I also need deadlifting sox. My legs are gonna be totalled lol

Wtf are deadlifting socks?

As for my protein, I get it from MyProtein and it's of the True Whey variety. I've tried quite a few from there, it's a good place to get your protein from.

i wear shorts in the gym. so im wrecking my legs, need some knee high socks that'll protect maaa legs. my pt called em scars of honour but I gotta keep SOME of my feminine charm lol

i wear shorts in the gym. so im wrecking my legs, need some knee high socks that'll protect maaa legs. my pt called em scars of honour but I gotta keep SOME of my feminine charm lol

Is that where you bring the bar up on the deadlift? Take the paaaain.

Ine and I have bought 2 squash rackets/racquets and I've bought a new set of indoor trainers. Looking forward to playing.

Is that where you bring the bar up on the deadlift? Take the paaaain.

Ine and I have bought 2 squash rackets/racquets and I've bought a new set of indoor trainers. Looking forward to playing.

Yeah. its not the pain I'm worried about, more the scarring! =P

Get you and your squash! Are you alive and well then? Back to action?

Cool! I love squash.

Although I am not sure if it is linked or not but last year when I was lifting heavy weights a lot and then played squash later in the week my tendon would always really hurt!! Like it didn't approve of the fast movements!

Yeah. its not the pain I'm worried about, more the scarring! =P

Get you and your squash! Are you alive and well then? Back to action?

I was going to do some stuff yesterday and today but I've not had time and I'm still coughing and spluttering a fair bit. Leaving it til tomorrow and going for it then.

Cool! I love squash.

Although I am not sure if it is linked or not but last year when I was lifting heavy weights a lot and then played squash later in the week my tendon would always really hurt!! Like it didn't approve of the fast movements!

Where exactly was it hurting? It's mostly wrist action, so sometimes my right wrist can ache. Aside from that, I've always been fine with it.

I was going to do some stuff yesterday and today but I've not had time and I'm still coughing and spluttering a fair bit. Leaving it til tomorrow and going for it then.

Where exactly was it hurting? It's mostly wrist action, so sometimes my right wrist can ache. Aside from that, I've always been fine with it.

Tendon just under bicep. it happened to me twice that I can remember. And then I had to rest it for at least a week coz it hurt to much to do anything with. Maybe I was just swinging wrong! lol.

But I used to play loads when I was younger and didn't have a problem.

Tendon just under bicep. it happened to me twice that I can remember. And then I had to rest it for at least a week coz it hurt to much to do anything with. Maybe I was just swinging wrong! lol.

But I used to play loads when I was younger and didn't have a problem.

It could be a lot of things, maybe you're biceps were still a bit sore from training and when you played it aggravated it. I got told you needed to mainly use the wrists with squash, rather than the whole arm. You generate a lot of power from those wrists, much more than you think. It's a different mentality at first, but you soon get adjusted.

Yeah I also get the True Whey stuff from MyProtein. Ive been getting it for some time now from their. Its cheap, tastes good and mixes well.

Before work I did arms and then after work I did boring cardio. Got to be done. Im knackered now though. Oh well alarm is set to go off at 5:30 tomorrow morning for some shoulder action!

First cardio session after holiday last night. 45 minute spin class. Still managed to do a higher distance than the random woman next to me though!

A serious amount of sweat was coming out of me. That thick glunky, alcohol sweat.

2 hours of tennis tonight, should be good. Will try and do some weights afterwards and then reward myself with a protein shake.

Leg daaaaay. First session after feeling ill for the last 3/4 weeks. Legs took a battering, I probably did a few too many warm-ups preparing for the squats, trying to get the depth right. What I've discovered is that I now suddenly prefer front squats over the traditional back ones, particularly for depth. I'm fine with back but I can go much lower with front and it actually feels a bit more comfortable to me. Only issue to me is with regards to actually holding the bar, that's going to take some massive getting used to.

Calves took a battering, too. Goodbye, walking.

Legs are killing me today after an intense 2 hours of tennis last night. Had a protein shake this morning and will get some more to try and prepare for another tennis match this evening!

Sport cardio is far better than machine cardio.

Legs are killing me today after an intense 2 hours of tennis last night. Had a protein shake this morning and will get some more to try and prepare for another tennis match this evening!

Sport cardio is far better than machine cardio.

Hell to the yeah. Treadmills are more of a mind endurance test than anything: How long can I keep "running" in a straight line before I get bored.

Machine cardio like treadmills are far inferior to the outdoors. You need a 1% incline on a treadmill to stimulate running outdoors for example. Though it depends on what sport you're doing, I wouldn't necessarily say too many sports are better than using a stationary bike. All depends on how hard you're working though.

Machine cardio like treadmills are far inferior to the outdoors. You need a 1% incline on a treadmill to stimulate running outdoors for example. Though it depends on what sport you're doing, I wouldn't necessarily say too many sports are better than using a stationary bike. All depends on how hard you're working though.

In terms of enjoyment and ease of doing the cardio rather than how good it is for you.

I can easily play tennis for a couple hours or football for 90 minutes. Ask me to go jogging for 90 minutes...

Whenever I've used a treadmill, I have to have the incline up or else it doesn't feel right.

It's not really about whether the actual sport is better or not compared to the bike that's important, it's about the mental endurance, imo. Cycling outdoors and cycling on a stationary bike are too different things. I've always been much more aware of my movements when indoor, because there's very little else to focus on. True, you can get an iPod or watch the telly at the gym, but it's still hard to get into that zone. When you're outside, you just tend to do it.

That's what I love about sport, you're exercising but it's almost secondary to doing the actual sport itself. I play football for my love of football, not for exercise.

Whenever I've used a treadmill, I have to have the incline up or else it doesn't feel right.

It's not really about whether the actual sport is better or not compared to the bike that's important, it's about the mental endurance, imo. Cycling outdoors and cycling on a stationary bike are too different things. I've always been much more aware of my movements when indoor, because there's very little else to focus on. True, you can get an iPod or watch the telly at the gym, but it's still hard to get into that zone. When you're outside, you just tend to do it.

That's what I love about sport, you're exercising but it's almost secondary to doing the actual sport itself. I play football for my love of football, not for exercise.

I absolutely agree. I can go running outdoors for an hour easily but I just can't do it on a treadmill. After 5 minutes i'm staring at the clock praying for it to end. As you say outside, there's so much more to focus on and to stimulate you.

Completely agree. Cardio at the gym bores the living daylights out of me. Im constantly looking at the clock and counting down to when its over. Would much rather go outside for a run or play a sport instead.

Chest daaay. My incline benching sucked today but the flat was good. I wonder if I tired myself out from the flat benching, as I'm still not feeling 100%. Feel pretty weak still.

Also hit the traps, going to try and work them and the calves 3 times a week like I aimed to before. They are aching right now. Massage my body, N-Europe.

Leg day today. I did it before work. Then did swimming for 30 mins on my dinner break and just come back from a mega cardio session. Im now starving but now cant be arsed to cook.

Im going to be bed ridden tomorrow.

Leg day today. I did it before work. Then did swimming for 30 mins on my dinner break and just come back from a mega cardio session. Im now starving but now cant be arsed to cook.

Im going to be bed ridden tomorrow.

I am sore from the arse down. My calves still ache, my arse, my hamstrings, my quads.

There's nothing like leg day. I hate having to get up from a seated position.

I am sore from the arse down. My calves still ache, my arse, my hamstrings, my quads.

There's nothing like leg day. I hate having to get up from a seated position.

I reckon I should go to A&E and nick some crutches. Will need them come the morning. Just made my tea, very late I know. Chicken, brocolli and peas

I was really struggling with my deadlift form since I started learning to do them. It doesn't matter whichways I bend, twist, sit, stretch, I CANNOT get the barbell to my legs. Its supposed to roll up your leg, like in this picture. Its *supposed* to damage your skin. The closer it is to you the less reliance you have on the wrong places (spine mostly)

proper-form-for-deadlift.png

It seems that I have a short femur (despite being 5ft10, 178 cm) and a long spine, so I'm overhanging more than is natural in this position, putting the bar about 1.5/2 inches away from my legs. My PT checked my form and all seems to be good, I'm keeping my spine straight, using all the correct muscles etc. So I guess I'm just a malformed freak =P I pulled a 90kg, and NEARLY a 95kg. Got a FRACTION of movement to get the full lockout.

I also managed a PB in power clean & press. Last week I did both at 42.5kg, a 45kg p.clean, and an assisted 45kg press. This week I did 2x fully unassisted 45kg p.clean/press :D I got to the last part of the press and I was struggling, could sense my pt had jumped behind me to assist, but turns out I had managed to do it all by myself. :D I genuinely felt like he had assisted!

My PT can't quite believe how far i've come. My stats are unbelievable on paper, I started deadlifting two weeks ago, and I can nearly do 95kg. About 5 weeks of clean and press training, I've got to 45kg, and in the same time I've pretty much mastered the snatch technique (a quite complicated olympic lift)

I'm just awesome =] (i think genetics may have a part to play in this, my father is a beast too)

Also I saw stupid fuckface in the gym, luckily he was on a machine that was facing a wall so I made my escape without being noticed =P

I was really struggling with my deadlift form since I started learning to do them. It doesn't matter whichways I bend, twist, sit, stretch, I CANNOT get the barbell to my legs. Its supposed to roll up your leg, like in this picture. Its *supposed* to damage your skin. The closer it is to you the less reliance you have on the wrong places (spine mostly)

proper-form-for-deadlift.png

It seems that I have a short femur (despite being 5ft10, 178 cm) and a long spine, so I'm overhanging more than is natural in this position, putting the bar about 1.5/2 inches away from my legs. My PT checked my form and all seems to be good, I'm keeping my spine straight, using all the correct muscles etc. So I guess I'm just a malformed freak =P I pulled a 90kg, and NEARLY a 95kg. Got a FRACTION of movement to get the full lockout.

I also managed a PB in power clean & press. Last week I did both at 42.5kg, a 45kg p.clean, and an assisted 45kg press. This week I did 2x fully unassisted 45kg p.clean/press :D I got to the last part of the press and I was struggling, could sense my pt had jumped behind me to assist, but turns out I had managed to do it all by myself. :D I genuinely felt like he had assisted!

My PT can't quite believe how far i've come. My stats are unbelievable on paper, I started deadlifting two weeks ago, and I can nearly do 95kg. About 5 weeks of clean and press training, I've got to 45kg, and in the same time I've pretty much mastered the snatch technique (a quite complicated olympic lift)

I'm just awesome =] (i think genetics may have a part to play in this, my father is a beast too)

Also I saw stupid fuckface in the gym, luckily he was on a machine that was facing a wall so I made my escape without being noticed =P

That's awesome work, espcially on the deads.

Not sure what else you could do to tighten your deadlift form though if your PT says it's all good. Although there are some subtle tips out there you could look into, such as leading with the chest.

Though I guess it's probably more important that you try to keep the bar close to you than actually being able to do so.