NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

I find I get more DOMS from high volume, maybe becuase I'm just not used to it.

I could deadlift 'heavy' for 3 sets of 5 and not feel a thing later. But 3 sets of 30 bodyweight squats will usually result in substantial leg DOMS the next day.

starting the hundredpushup challenge :) Only I'm doing inclined pushups, as I can't actually do full ones. I feel like I'm near managing them but I need to work on my core stability first. So I'm also doing the 60minute plank challenge (per month) on fitocracy as well. 32 seconds down, 3568 to go :heh: And I'm going to keep track on my best time so I can keep improving it.

Also managed to hit a 20kg snatch. Did 20 of those yesterday. Only using smaller width (more stable) fixed size barbells for those at the moment, hoping to move onto the olympic barbell soooon. Gotta do a bit more work on form as the oly barbell is 7ft and CONSIDERABLY more unstable than a static barbell thats only.... 4 foot long... even though they're both 20kg.

starting the hundredpushup challenge :) Only I'm doing inclined pushups, as I can't actually do full ones. I feel like I'm near managing them but I need to work on my core stability first. So I'm also doing the 60minute plank challenge (per month) on fitocracy as well. 32 seconds down, 3568 to go :heh: And I'm going to keep track on my best time so I can keep improving it.

Hmm.. that 100 push up thing looks interesting, might give it a go myself. I'm pretty crap at them but I just managed 35 good form ones before I felt it wasn't worth trying any more. 100 really feels impossible though.

But is it more impossible than a 60 minute plank? I think boredom could be the bigger obstacle with the planking as there isn't really much you can do at that angle.

Hmm.. that 100 push up thing looks interesting, might give it a go myself. I'm pretty crap at them but I just managed 35 good form ones before I felt it wasn't worth trying any more. 100 really feels impossible though.

But is it more impossible than a 60 minute plank? I think boredom could be the bigger obstacle with the planking as there isn't really much you can do at that angle.

60 minutes in a month :) split up whatever way you want!

60 minutes in a month :) split up whatever way you want!

Oh right, I thought it was another program designed to get you up doing a plank for 60mins in one go - that way makes more sense :p

The world record for plank is 80 minutes I think. It's insane.

Hm. Might actually look into that 100 push-ups-program.

I'm now done with the first two weeks of the training experiment, I was talking about earlier. The first two weeks we were doing 3 sets of 10 reps of squat, clean, deadlift, jumping squats and then 2 sets of 2*24 walking lunges. If we could do more than 10 reps in the third set of an exercise, we should add more weight. I went from 78 kg to 90 kg today in deadlift. The rest of the exercises I didn't tamper much with, only added a little more weight to clean and squat. I really don't like jumping squats with weights but I have to do them. 32.5 kg on you shoulders, jump! It just doesn't feel right and with a bit of DOMS in the shoulders, it hurts.

Next two weeks will be 4 sets of 8 reps of each

jumping squats with weights, oh god my knees hurt thinking about it :/

i'm crap with weighted squats though... can do ATG unweighted til the cows come home, but put a weight on me and its a massive struggle. :(

jumping squats with weights, oh god my knees hurt thinking about it :/

Exactly. My knees weren't happy with them the first times. It wasn't so bad yesterday so I don't know if it's just a case of them getting used to it. But seeing as it does the same to my knees as the thing that injured them seven years ago, I'm glad this is only 10 minutes a week for 8 weeks.

So I don't think I have posted in here in quite a while... I have put some weight back on since the awesome times of around june last year. Around a stone I think.

Went to see IT last sunday who has given me a new program to try and follow in the gym for fat burn and muscle toning, trying to alter my eating again to fit.

According to his machine I weigh 15 stone 11 (machines always say I weigh more compared to home ones!) with a body fat of 19.3% and Visceral fat level 5.

Will see how I go!

So I don't think I have posted in here in quite a while... I have put some weight back on since the awesome times of around june last year. Around a stone I think.

Went to see IT last sunday who has given me a new program to try and follow in the gym for fat burn and muscle toning, trying to alter my eating again to fit.

According to his machine I weigh 15 stone 11 (machines always say I weigh more compared to home ones!) with a body fat of 19.3% and Visceral fat level 5.

Will see how I go!

What weight are you hoping to get down to?

I'm gradually feeling a bit better. I'm earmarking tomorrow as my first workout. Cmaaaan.

What weight are you hoping to get down to?

I'm gradually feeling a bit better. I'm earmarking tomorrow as my first workout. Cmaaaan.

Probably about 14 stone for now, maybe high end 13's. I'm saying this but I don't really know what my ideal weight should be!!!

I'm more concerned with body fat than actual weight, so if I ended up weighing more but didn't have fat on show and toned I would be happy regardless of weight.

Still much better than the days when I was 21.4 stone....

42.5kg clean and press!! Was assisted last week but this week I did it :D managed a 45kg clean, and assisted press :) and deadlift of 80kg! (Last one was 70kg!) pow!

Some man came up to me and my pt today and said that I was doing some great work! I near died of embarrassment lol! Then my pt said that's not the first person to say that! Apparently I'm awesome lol.

. Full body workout on Friday night.

. 12km run on Saturday.

. 6km run Sunday morning

. Full body workout Sunday evening

Not sure what part of body hurts the most.

My god my shoulders are in a world of ache.... :(

I also need deadlifting sox. My legs are gonna be totalled lol

Anyone here drink tea?

I have heard it boosts metabolism? Can anyone vouch for it's effectiveness? And if so when and how often?

Second question! What brands of protein are ppl using? Has anyone tried optimum nutrition? If so, thoughts?

Anyone here drink tea?

I have heard it boosts metabolism? Can anyone vouch for it's effectiveness? And if so when and how often?

Second question! What brands of protein are ppl using? Has anyone tried optimum nutrition? If so, thoughts?

I drink a lot of Tea daily and it whilst I can't be sure it boosts your metabolism, it does a lot of things that aren't widely known. It's also very filling and very healthy.

I use OM protein. I use the 100% gold standard after workouts and Casein before bed. Whilst it can be hard to pinpoint the effects it had, for me it helps a lot with recovery. Definitely feel my muscles rebound quicker after a long run or workout if I take some OM.

Green tea, three to five times a day. Don't brew it in boiling water, it'll turn bitter.

I use myprotein, Huricane XS or something.

I use ON, its superb. :)

Raining! Perfect timing. ;)

Ur goals are very similar to mine in the sense of losing weight and so fat burn.

How much protein do you aim to take on rest days and gym days? And how did you work out how much protein you should be taking?

I just take one immediately after a session with water. Just one after a workout is plenty for recovery, I notice a huge difference. ON is about 120~ calories a scoop.

You only really need more if you are extreme bulking. Sensible diet with plenty of protein sources and a shake after a session (for instant absorption) is all the average person needs :)

I think protein wise its supposed to be 1gram per pound of weight for men, and 0.7 for women. But I dont think that applies as strictly for bigger people - I'd have to get about 178 grams and that would be quite difficult to do whilst still staying under my calorie allowance, so perhaps just having a diet with plenty of protein is enough?

Edited by Raining_again

I just take one immediately after a session with water. Just one after a workout is plenty for recovery, I notice a huge difference. ON is about 120~ calories a scoop.

You only really need more if you are extreme bulking. Sensible diet with plenty of protein sources and a shake after a session (for instant absorption) is all the average person needs :)

Thanks!

How many calories do you aim for a day then for ur weight loss? And I take it you go for an all round nutritional diet with carbs etc?

I'm really nosy! :p

No I do intermittent fasting, my diet is shocking at the moment.... dem dirty gainnnz. I'm doing some serious calorie burns in the gym to get away with it, but I do need to clean myself up a bit.

I do 3 x 24 hour fasts: sunday 5pm - monday 5pm / tuesday 5pm - wednesday 5pm / thursday 5pm - friday 5pm. I don't count cals or macros but I would normally try to eat lots of protein.

No I do intermittent fasting, my diet is shocking at the moment.... dem dirty gainnnz. I'm doing some serious calorie burns in the gym to get away with it, but I do need to clean myself up a bit.

I do 3 x 24 hour fasts: sunday 5pm - monday 5pm / tuesday 5pm - wednesday 5pm / thursday 5pm - friday 5pm. I don't count cals or macros but I would normally try to eat lots of protein.

Cool! I have watched a youtube channel called 'the hodge twins' who do intermittent fasting and they swear by it.

I don't think that is for me though, I feel really nauseous in the gym if I try and do anything high intensity without eating enough! And even if I miss breakfast I don't feel right for the day. :hmm:

I'm gonna switch to Optimum Nutrition and give them a try, I have noticed they do a 'caramel toffee fudge' flavour, might give that one a try coz it sounds quite different to the normal flavours! :p