NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Phube

Err Help with a possible non-existent Wii Remote Accessory?

Right... I've been playing Nintendo Land a lot with my 3 year old and we are absolutely loving it. The problem is (and this is ironic considering some criticisms of the WiiU) my daughter can use the Wii U Gamepad like a pro; touches, swipes, buttons and analogue sticks. But she cannot use a WiiRemote (either for motion nor the D-Pad) possibly just too abstract for her tiny, little brain - she is a girl after all! (JOKE!)

This causes problems especially in Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Mansion and Animal Crossing Sweet Day. As she can only play well as Mario and the Ghost - less said about the Guards the better!

But she does want to play as the Toads, Ghost Hunter etc... but gets shockingly frustrated...

So Short story made really long:

My aged brain is telling me that there was an accessory years ago for the Wii Remotes that you clipped the D-Pad section effectively turning it into an analogue stick. No when I was young free and errr still attached I laughed at such invention but now... But buggered if I can find one anywhere...

Any help anywhere or is my brain playing tricks on me?

I can't ever remember seeing one for the Wii Remote but there was one for the old PS1 non-analogue controller years and years ago. So there's a chance something like that exists!

Sign in to follow this