NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

New Years Resolutions: 2013

Ok N-E peoples. It's that time of year again where we all make ourselves promises we really want to adhere to but run out of enthusiasm shortly into execution.

So then, for the glorious year of 2013, what are your self imposed resolutions?

I wish to (as many so) lose some weight.

Move out of home.

Still learn to play the sax.

GO.

See if you fulfilled anything you claimed last year: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33269&page=2

I need to be bothered to do some cutting rather than bulking at the gym as im big but no shape. I also want to learn how to cook better rather than continously having chuffing chicken and rice all the time. Its doing my head in.

Get/build a female companion.

This was my 2012 resolution and shall be my 2013 resolution. And likely 2014, 2015, and so on.

My new year's resolution is to stop smoking but since I find that so nauseatingly cliché it makes me want to throw up, I've started today instead. 19 Hours without a cigarette so far. Longest I've ever gone is 6 days since January 2011 so I'll see how I do.

Edited by ipaul

I actually managed to do all mine from last year! But then they were more like goals and not really resolutions I think:

I plan to move out to the UK.

I hope to find a job there, though it'll probably be a (part-time) job that's not related to what I want to do. But that's ok.

I plan to get my driver's licence hopefully. Yay (not yay since it scares me haha).

Did all those, though I haven't driven a car since I moved here, so I feel like I should relearn everything again. Might get some lessons for that at some point. =P

Mine for this year:

- Find a different job, one I like.

- Join the gym for squash and get fit!

- Save monies.

My aim is to write my phd thesis and pass my viva. After that i'll need to get a job.

These aren't really NYR though, rather things i have to do next year or face running out of money and end up living on the streets.

My new year's resolution is to stop smoking but since I find that so nauseatingly cliché it makes me want to throw up, I've started today instead. 19 Hours without a cigarette so far. Longest I've ever gone is 6 days since January 2011 so I'll see how I do.

Will that be so easy with New Years Eve coming up? My friends who are trying to/have quit, all say that the electronic cigarette works wonders for quitting.

Mine are more goals too, but they are:

• Save money so I can go back to Hong Kong at Easter (for wedding number 2).
  • Pass my driving test.
  • Change my job for a better one.
  • Move somewhere new.

I wonder how many of them I'll achieve. Hopefully all of them :).

Edited by Emma

• Lose weight...I've gained 6kg in the last 5 weeks (I'm not fat, but I don't like how I've gained so much)
  • Go to a gig of any band I like
  • Save money

That's pretty much it.

Lose weight.

I've got plenty of things going on with moving to Oxford and starting a new job, but not really resolutions.

Did all those, though I haven't driven a car since I moved here, so I feel like I should relearn everything again. Might get some lessons for that at some point. =P

You could just do a pass plus. It'll teach you other things such as driving on a motorway, and it'll reduce your insurance.

Edited by MoogleViper

Will that be so easy with New Years Eve coming up? My friends who are trying to/have quit, all say that the electronic cigarette works wonders for quitting.

Mine are more goals too, but they are:

• Save money so I can go back to Hong Kong at Easter (for wedding number 2).
  • Pass my driving test.
  • Change my job for a better one.
  • Move somewhere new.

I wonder how many of them I'll achieve. Hopefully all of them :).

NYE shouldn't be too much of a problem in that I won't be around any smoker friends anyway/don't usually smoke in the places we're likely to spend NYE.

I might well give the E cigarette a try if going cold turkey proves to be a bit of a fail. Are there any health risks still involved with using those things?

From what I've seen of the leccy cigs I sold in my former positikn they're relatively safe. Practically the same as one of those inhalator things maybe?

2012 has been pretty awesome. I've moved in with Ine, after capturing her from the clutches of Belgiumnia. Work has upgraded me from a part-time contract to full-time, which has enabled me to move out. Been to Alton Towers and have Glastonbury planned for next year. It's all coming together nicely.

Plans for 2013:

- Get out of this overdraft. Now is the time. Once that is done, I can start saving and hopefully move to an even nicer place.

- Ideally, be able to add 30kg to all of my "big" lifts. That's the target. That would be sweet. Think it's doable for some exercises, but for others it is going to be a struggle. Shoulder pressing, for example. Will have to work twice as hard here.

- To gain some size, but not become a balloon. I've worked reasonably hard and think I have gained in some areas whilst becoming fitter. But, gaining some serious size would be fantastic, whilst also remaining athletic.

- To turn our school football team from chumps to champions. (this is going to take a long, long time, since we have a pool of about 10 boys to choose from...only half of which are actually able to kick the facking ball)

- To save up money for Glastonbury - this should be fine.

- To improve my Dutch/Flemish and Spanish.

- To start looking the basics of keyboard. (not sure I'll have time to do this much)

- Somehow, someway, record an instrumental where I play bass, guitar and drums, although I have no idea how this is going to be done. :hmm:

This was my 2012 resolution and shall be my 2013 resolution. And likely 2014, 2015, and so on.

Well I'm getting into robotics atm so I'll let you know if I make any leaps in that field :p

Just keep being awesome....

I dont smoke, dont drink a lot, eat healthily, am losing weight, am exercising 4 x a week, even dropped my food obsession and daily weighing session.... so er fuck resolutions... I've already done all of mine :heh:

Properly learn chess, cut down smoking, get into carpentry, get fitter.

Gotten better at chess but still need to expand my repertoire. Stopped smoking! ...But I've dabbled since I've come back so I've promised myself no more come the new year. Carpentry almost happened but then I realised I'd really, really suck at it. Technically got fitter, but also got fatter, so I need to amend that.

My resolution will be to try and write more stuff. I've written scant amounts, and I think that I have a lot to say and not enough people listening.

Get a job. Or maybe not, who knows. Might just stick my hand down my pants and absolve myself of the impulse to do anything at all.

A few for me:

1. Be more committed to learning Japanese, at least an hour of study a night.
  2. Save more money, I'm setting a target of $2,000 a month until the summer.
  3. Cut down drinking, helps with both of the above, maximum of 2 nights a week.
  4. Cut down on girls, I spend far too much money taking out random women, and haven't really been enjoying it lately.

I think that's it for now, as long as I can do 1 and 2 I'll be happy.

2012 was really lovely so I'm beginning ideally. I've nothing in mind in particular but it's always positive to try become the best version of ourselves. At the front of my mind, I really hope to become more free and limitless -- whether it's not worrying about fucking up certain relationships or not being afraid to delete pictures / music / memories. Weird stuff like that.

Also, if I can -- I just wanna drink more whiskey, create beautiful things and do something romantic

Gotten better at chess but still need to expand my repertoire. Stopped smoking! ...But I've dabbled since I've come back so I've promised myself no more come the new year. Carpentry almost happened but then I realised I'd really, really suck at it. Technically got fitter, but also got fatter, so I need to amend that.

My resolution will be to try and write more stuff. I've written scant amounts, and I think that I have a lot to say and not enough people listening.

I'll listen!! Share your work and flow

Well I'm quitting my job in about six weeks, and that's one. Then it's to go freelance without the inner organised play-it-safe part of me going nuclear.

Other than that the rest fall into the banner of 'be healthier and happier'. So, that.