NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Best way to mass convert mp3s for writing to audio cd?

Hallo all. Just curious, got a new car but the stereo in it doesn't take mp3 cds, so if I wanna write any for playing I'm gonna have to convert all the mp3s to .wavs etc then write them so it's a playable in anything audio cd dealie. Was just wondering though if anybody knows the best way to go about doing this? What software etc you might recommend? It's been absolutely years since I've done it, and I'm sure things have definitely moved on a lot more since then!

This may come as a complete shock to everyone, but the best program I've found (without having to navigate the horrors of "shareware") for converting music is....this.

1. Edit - Preferences

2. It's either under "Ripping options" or "import options" or something like that.

3. Select the file format you want.

Then find the songs you want, select them, right click then click "Create [filetype] version" and it will batch convert them.

Just be sure to uninstall when you've finished.

Wouldn't you need to convert your mp3 CD's into standard audio CD's (CDA format limited to 70 minutes of audio :sad: ) instead of just changing the file format? Wouldn't it be better to just write the mp3's to a new disc using the CDA format instead? It just seems like a lot of additional work Rummy but it's been a long while since I've done anything like that so maybe I'm missing something

Like Cube said, go into iTunes, create a playlist with your mp3s. Right click the playlist and select 'Burn to CD', select Audio CD rather than MP3 CD, and bam, you're sorted.

I would use imgburn to create audio CDs, because NEVER INSTALL ITUNES. Foobar2000 can mass convert audio files if you want to go to wav files first.

Wouldn't you need to convert your mp3 CD's into standard audio CD's (CDA format limited to 70 minutes of audio :sad: ) instead of just changing the file format? Wouldn't it be better to just write the mp3's to a new disc using the CDA format instead? It just seems like a lot of additional work Rummy but it's been a long while since I've done anything like that so maybe I'm missing something

The cda format just tells CD players where to find the WAV/PCM audio goodness.

I wouldn't be converting mp3 cds per se, I have mp3s on my comp - will have to see what'll fit. You're right though, I was thinking of it cumbersomely - if a program just burn mp3s to a CD so it plays as any audio CD, essentially doing the convert along the way, that'd be easier than batch convert then making sure my choices fit etc. I just recalled doing it well back in the napster days and having to convert the mp3 to a .wav - so out of touch lol.

I would use imgburn to create audio CDs, because NEVER INSTALL ITUNES. Foobar2000 can mass convert audio files if you want to go to wav files first.

The cda format just tells CD players where to find the WAV/PCM audio goodness.

Yeaaaaah, seconding this. Don't want iTunes. I'll try imgburn. I had thought of foobar, but I haven't used it for ages. Only real time I have used it was to convert megaman nes tracks into mp3s! Did think it could probs do this too, but if imgburn'll tell me what can fit/do the convert itself, I'll just use that.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

What's so bad about iTunes? That guide looks about a billion times more complicated than the option me and Cube said.

Odwin's guide seems pretty straightforward to me actually(I was looking around imgburn earlier all like wtf mayte!?) but if that works, it works. I'll be doing this occasionally from time to time methinks, so I'll use imgburn and see how it goes. As for iTunes, I've never actually had/needed/used it myself; but sometimes Apple just annoy me that I don't want to.

What's so bad about iTunes? That guide looks about a billion times more complicated than the option me and Cube said.

iTunes on windows is some of the worst software I have ever used. Slow, bloated and clunky are understatements. I understand on apple hardware it's nice, but if you're using it on windows and think it's okay then you have low standards for software.

iTunes on windows is some of the worst software I have ever used. Slow, bloated and clunky are understatements. I understand on apple hardware it's nice, but if you're using it on windows and think it's okay then you have low standards for software.

I use it both on Windows and Mac, and while it is quicker on Mac, I've always found the difference to be negligible. Whenever people say iTunes on PC is terrible, I never understand why. No problems with it in 8 years of using it.

Fair enough if you don't want to use Apple software and that the process on imgburn is simple enough, I was just suggesting a solution which was as simple as add to playlist, right click playlist, burn to CD. : peace:

Sign in to follow this