NEurope
Aneres11

Sigh... GAME reveals 'GAME Pad' hotel break...

So it would appear that LAME, sorry GAME are branching into the mini break / get away market. Aimed purely at gamers, the package is a £199 overnight stay in a London suite that features game zones for XBOX, PS3 and Wii U.

gaming-game-pad-2.jpg

gaming-game-pad-3.jpg

gaming-game-pad-1.jpg

GAME's marketing director said this:

"We know that this time of year, gamers yearn to escape from all things Christmassy to indulge in their passion,"

"We want to make it easy for gamers this Christmas by offering them a brilliant gaming getaway which allows them the luxury of uninterrupted gaming."

Hmm.

Perks include the gaming 'zones' - or judging by the pics, the 3 TV's, the one king sized bed (perfect for you and all your mates...) and snacks from the "fully stocked fridge".

:shakehead

What an absolutely terrible terrible idea. I honestly cannot see anyone wanting to purchase this. And if they did I can't see many people shouting from the roof top about it.

Not a great idea from a company who have had to be virtually dragged from bankruptcy. :wtf:

There is something wrong with my calender, I thought it was 8th of December but it would appear to be 1st of April!

............... wtf? ::shrug:

If the Game Pad holiday doesn't sound like fun, you can always buy yourself a GamePad:

archos-gamepad-7-inch-android-games-console-0.jpg

Are they literally trying to sell the cliché of a basement dwelling gamer nerd. Flipping 'eck.

Why would I pay this when I have the same setup at home?

Because here you can have an orgy with all of your gamer mates.

It's sad, but struggling businesses always seem to think up strange ideas that are totally unrelated to what people want. All customers (of any kind of shop) want is decent prices, stock availability and enough staff to deliver that. Instead, we seem to get executives "brainstorming" and taking part in endless PowerPoint presentations, when all that's really needed is a decent staff budget, hard work and common sense!

Ha what. For £200 you could buy a PS3 or an Xbox to keep forever. Silly bastards.

"We know that this time of year, gamers yearn to escape from all things Christmassy to indulge in their passion,"

:wtf: erm no not really. A lot of games even do Christmas DLC so bring on Christmas please! :D

Also yeah as others have mentioned, you may as well spend the £200 on a games console and invite some friends over to your house =\

This is the stupidest idea in the history of the world.

It looks like it would be great fun if it was like 20 euro per night. As it is now though, never.

I don't think I understand all the hate. Whats the catch?

Joking, of course. Cancerously bad idea. Too many problems to even comprehend.

really? this is what Game are offering?

so they are marketing a weekend away with the three big consoles to Gamers who likely already have all three or two out of the three anyway?

pffft they really are mental

Pahahahahaha. There's only one thing I can legitimately compare this with, so let me just list the features of it.

Net Cafe overnight 8 hour stay comes with:

PC, PS2 or PS3

TV (obviously)

With satellite access

Pre-installed popular internet based games on PC

Library of PS2 and PS3 games

Sometimes library of movies to watch

Comfortable Chair

Vending machines for free drinks such as tea and soda

Food vending machines (not free)

Usually comes with access to comic library

Now, you're looking at two prices for this. The 8 hour package is usually offered from 8pm to Midnight on the day.

If you would like a bed, it's an average of 2300 yen for the 8 hours. (£18ish)

If don't want a bed, it's an average of 1500 yen (£12.30ish)

Although there's a problem of being two completely different markets, I really think GAME should step their game up. Hue.

I'd rather buy Deubg Mode's OTON.

I should be doing a night at one next month, but I don't intend to sleep.

Then again, with melon Fanta being in most soda dispensers in Japan, I very much doubt I will be able to sleep even if I wanted to!

Hell I think it's an awesome idea for people wanting to host an Extra Life fund raising extravaganza.... :P

GAME's marketing director said this:

"We want to make it easy for gamers this Christmas by offering them a brilliant gaming getaway which allows them the luxury of uninterrupted gaming."

It's this part that I don't get at all... I don't know any gamers that want to escape Christmas... do any of you guys want to "escape" Christmas for gaming reasons?

Christmas and gamers go hand in hand.... it's when we get the chance to get games (or game store vouchers) without paying for them ourselves!

Also as others have said for the price you could buy a new console (or a fair few new games) keep it (them) and stay home and play

EDIT:

Oh and the one king sized bed.... GAME didn't think this through at all did they :heh:

Edited by Mokong

This is the stupidest idea ever! For that price, you can buy a console anyway (in fact, you could get one cheaper and considering 99%, they'll most likely rent the room will be gamers, they'll most likely have either a Wii, 360 or PS3 anyway)

Really crap idea but for people doing events like Extra Life, it may not be so bad if there's 4 or 5 of you so long as you get the food and drinks for nothing.

Really crap idea but for people doing events like Extra Life, it may not be so bad if there's 4 or 5 of you so long as you get the food and drinks for nothing.

If it's an "overnight" stay, I doubt you get 24 hours.

If it's an "overnight" stay, I doubt you get 24 hours.

You'd have to get 2 nights stay.

£400 for extra life, may as well just donate that straight to charity.

You'd have to get 2 nights stay.

£400 for extra life, may as well just donate that straight to charity.

Yeah, the whole idea is stupid anyway!