NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Phube

Nintend'apps'?

Now I've not heard anything bout anything like this, but I do think the system is drying out for some 'app' type software... I mean so many 'blocks' and nothing to fill them with.

My 3 year old has fallen in love with my "Wii" gamepad. and so far has managed to create at least 50 Mii's. BUt she also loves my iPod touch with all it's drawing, kiddy friendly/educational apps.

I mean I'd pay (reasonably) good money for just a simple drawing or letters 'app'. Or even a simple game or two (I.e. coin Drop, Angry Birds etc. )

Will we ever see these in the eShop?

You're already seeing some layman apps like Youtube and Google Maps hitting the console, but don't expect a deluge of them.

As for the games themselves, the barriers to entry are lower than the competing platforms, but it's still not open to garage devs (you need a business address to become a licensed developer) so it's still a clear tier above iOS and other similar platforms.

Expect some of the more popular games and apps to make it across, but it won't become the free for all that iOS is.

You're already seeing some layman apps like Youtube and Google Maps hitting the console, but don't expect a deluge of them.

As for the games themselves, the barriers to entry are lower than the competing platforms, but it's still not open to garage devs (you need a business address to become a licensed developer) so it's still a clear tier above iOS and other similar platforms.

Expect some of the more popular games and apps to make it across, but it won't become the free for all that iOS is.

That's kinda what I want... quality, young children apps, not the deluge of crap that you have to sift through on iOS...

Just a decent drawing app for now would do! Mario Paint anyone?

I'm quite surprised there's no Colors! Or Art Academy app at launch, or even announced, to be honest.

I'm quite surprised there's no Colors! Or Art Academy app at launch, or even announced, to be honest.

I'm sure that Colours will make it over eventually. It is available on Vita after all (and if it can go there, it can go anywhere!)

Sign in to follow this