NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Dark Souls II

I like the new leveling system. Faith stacks fire and lightning attack, and I've just hit 50 faith. The fire sword you get early on leveled up to +5 is a beast with a faith build. I've had several invaders and 2 hit killed most of them.

Looking forward to seeing what a divine greatsword can do!

Not that you were saying this, but attaining max soul level is a bit of a pointless objective in the series. Only morons persevere for that long.
:laughing: Yeah, I've got no intention of doing that (I barely manage to get over HR100 on Monster Hunter as well) just curious what the max level was. :hehe:

Also I like to keep the equip load below 70% to keep the rolls fast.
Cheers for that. I'd noticed my character was getting a bit sluggish, but didn't know why.

Now I'm going around without any leg armour, in just my pants, but at least I can roll fast again. :grin:

Yeah, sometimes the online portion of Dark Souls can be a real pain.

But don't let that throw you off! Online is great, PvP is fun (most of the time :p ).

No kidding. Did my first invasion (first one where the other player didn't run away at least :heh:) and it was awesome!

Seriously exhilarating stuff. icon14.gif

Nearly didn't make it (was down to a tiny amount of health, one hit would have killed me) but I just kept attacking them like a nutter and somehow managed to win! :bouncy:

Got a Token of Spite, but seeing what it's used for I'm not exactly sure I want one. :heh:

Also, do you steal souls from people you kill as well?! I'm not certain, but before invading I think I only had 17 souls (had just leveled up) but upon returning to my world I had 304. ::shrug:

I haven't actually been invaded yet (perhaps I should use that Token of Spite ;)) but what happens if you take out an invader, is there a "reward" for that too?

This game is mental. :D

I remember the days in Demon's Souls when me and @dwarf gourami were teaming up and fighting invaders. Remember that guy who could do a soul suck from behind and 1HKO us?

My tactic was to stay in critical health, equip the motion blade off hand and the clever rat ring with the Meat Cleaver and Second Chance active. Damn, how do I still remember this? Probably because it was awesome.

I remember in world 1-3 or 1-4 where you baited someone at the end of a narrow corridor and I stepped out from an alcove and mullered the cunt with a meat cleaver, although only after you'd fallen down a hole or been stabbed to death. I was the summoner though, so it was fine, and lols.

I also remember that guy and not finding his attack very funny.

Edit: thought I'd repost this for reasons

Edited by dwarf

Re-spec'd yesterday, added a lot more into ADP and END, a bit less in DEX, still didn't bother with INT/FTH/ATN though, maybe on a second playthrough.

Found the Sinner's Rise boss took nothing but patience to beat, but still can't do the Belfry... left it behind and gone on to the Shaded Wood.

Fuck me. I killed an NPC. In my defence, he attacked me first. In his defence, he warned me about bringing light - i.e. torch - to the place where he was standing.

Damn it. Hope I can bring him back to life by resolving my sins...costs 130k souls, though :indeed:

Heh, I did something silly. There was one brown chest that killed me when I opened it in the forest zone. So I resorted to smashing that same chest next time, which meant it didn't kill me and I got what was inside. Inside it was 'rubbish'. Normal, I thought - you wouldn't setup a chest trap and put something good inside. So the next couple of wooden chests I came across I didn't fancy dying, so destroyed them too. Rubbish inside. A lot of these traps, I thought.

I later found out they had stuff inside and it turns to rubbish if you destroy it. I missed out on a HP regen ring.

Needless to say, was not impressed.

I later found out they had stuff inside and it turns to rubbish if you destroy it.

Yeah, destroyed two chests thinking that's an alternative way to "open" them and get what's inside. After the second I said to myself: "You stupid idiot" :(

Currently in an area that's fucking me up.

It's dark, enemies come in large numbers (and respawn unless you make 'em stop), it's dark, the monsters cast dangerous spells and it is fucking dark!

I hate running around with a torch because I need my shield :blank:

I finished the first round. I think I killed everything and did everything, but still I haven't engaged NG+ yet because I'll first check if there are things I might've missed. I'm level 128 and got some 60 hours clocked.

I finished the first round. I think I killed everything and did everything, but still I haven't engaged NG+ yet because I'll first check if there are things I might've missed. I'm level 128 and got some 60 hours clocked.
Nice. icon14.gif

I'm currently at 30 hours played and feel like I've barely scratched the surface of this game! :hehe:

Anyway, I now have access to the NPC that trades boss weapons. But is it just me, or are they all kind of crappy? :blank:

I'm tempted to just use the boss souls for leveling up instead. ::shrug:

I used the boss soul for leveling up because I didn't know about that merchant :heh: I'm 32 hours in and level 102. Currently confused about a boss in Grave of Saints.

Ng+ is nice because of more and new enemies. I have never used any boss soul weapons because they usually have crappy scaling. Now with respeccing possible I think I might start experimenting with different kind of weapons too. I currently have claymore, lucerne and archdrake mace as my main weapons. Regular mace served me quite long but it has such bad range. I found the uchigatana to be much too slow compared to DkS 1. Maybe I'll go dex soon anyway.

I am stuck at the boss of the Iron Keep. I don't even survive long enough to begin to learn what his attacks are.

Also I upgraded the bastard sword to +5 then realised I don't really like it lol. I just want to use something other than my broadsword!

I am stuck at the boss of the Iron Keep. I don't even survive long enough to begin to learn what his attacks are.

Also I upgraded the bastard sword to +5 then realised I don't really like it lol. I just want to use something other than my broadsword!

The Smelter Demon? He's skippable, btw. Could always come back later, or summon help. There's also an NPC summon (Lucatiel) for Smelter... it's like they're saying help is recommended. :p

Anyone notice the increased number of bosses that have some way of making them easier before you go in? Let me tell you, walking into one of the bosses without neutralising a certain thing really didn't bode well for me...

Oh and by the way, a Gyrm shield has 100% fire damage negation (but it's a heft shield). That's helpful for both bosses in Iron Keep.

I didn't even meet the Smelter Demon til after I'd beaten the big guy :p

Finally found the Dull Ember, bit disappointed with Infusion in this game though...

Having a good bow/crossbow + ammo and some dex really matters more in this game than the last. It can make such a difference. Certainly helps cheesing through some bosses.

I'm getting to the end of the first playthrough, already at like L130.

Just finished the main story for the first time. It took about 90h. I was stuck at one point in the game and was pretty much wandering for hours until I found a switch I should have noticed way earlier. Joined the covenant of champions as soon as I heard about it and stuck with it through the whole time. Awesome game.

After getting 4 great souls I now have absolutely no idea where I'm meant to be going. Anyone give me a subtle hint?

After getting 4 great souls I now have absolutely no idea where I'm meant to be going. Anyone give me a subtle hint?

Don't know if this counts as a subtle hint but

Try the shaded woods.

Having a good bow/crossbow + ammo and some dex really matters more in this game than the last. It can make such a difference. Certainly helps cheesing through some bosses.

I'm getting to the end of the first playthrough, already at like L130.

I have noticed this too, a couple of bosses had me thinking that being a caster or having decent ranged weapons would make it a whole lot easier

Real life has stopped my progress somewhat but I played it for a couple of hours last night and managed to -

Clear Grave of Saints,The Gutter, The Black Gulch, go back to Freja and beat her finally, this morning I have gone through Drangleic Castle and have just defeated the Looking Glass Knight. Just had one of those sessions last night where everything suddenly clicks and you just murder all the bosses. Felt good

I completed my first playthrough yesterday (not selected to go into NG+ yet). There was more of a story in this game yet it still wasn't obtrusive to the gameplay.

Really enjoyed a lot of the bosses, although they seemed to have cranked up the difficulty since the earlier titles. It shouldn't be too difficult to fully complete this, just need to get to do a few covenant related things and NG++ to purchase the last few spells.

I imagine the game will be a lot quicker if I skip optional bosses this time round. Having stuff like pyromancy from the beginning is also sure to help.

What's a guy got to do to get summoned round here? I'm trying to earn medals, standing outside the last boss I beat, only been summoned twice in about 20 mins!

I completed my first playthrough yesterday (not selected to go into NG+ yet). There was more of a story in this game yet it still wasn't obtrusive to the gameplay.

Really enjoyed a lot of the bosses, although they seemed to have cranked up the difficulty since the earlier titles. It shouldn't be too difficult to fully complete this, just need to get to do a few covenant related things and NG++ to purchase the last few spells.

I imagine the game will be a lot quicker if I skip optional bosses this time round. Having stuff like pyromancy from the beginning is also sure to help.

How many hours on the clock?

I'm approaching 50 hours and currently have 10 boss souls plus 2 of the red boss souls.

On my last session I ended up in a place that was full of giant spiders/spider people, which isn't cool with me being a bit of an arachnophobe. :heh:

Made it to a huge cobwebbed area full of the bastards with a mist door. :shakehead

Can anyone tell me if I need to go through that mist in order to finish the game? Please say no. :D

What's a guy got to do to get summoned round here? I'm trying to earn medals, standing outside the last boss I beat, only been summoned twice in about 20 mins!

First off, make sure you go to your settings and change your network features so that you can play with everyone, not just your region. No idea why they set it to that by default.

If you've already done that, I think some bosses just aren't as popular. The place that has tons of summon signs dropped is by Drangleic Castle bonfire 1 where the same room is used for an earlier boss and the final boss. If you're like L130-150, you get summoned/invaded loads in that area.

How many hours on the clock?

I'm approaching 50 hours and currently have 10 boss souls plus 2 of the red boss souls.

On my last session I ended up in a place that was full of giant spiders/spider people, which isn't cool with me being a bit of an arachnophobe. :heh:

Made it to a huge cobwebbed area full of the bastards with a mist door. :shakehead

Can anyone tell me if I need to go through that mist in order to finish the game? Please say no. :D

81 hours, and that's having done and nearly getting everything apart from the spells/trades you can only get in NG+ and onwards. Also killed a boss that has no real purpose other than making you feel badass. That took me a few hours.

You have to do that boss, there's a primal bonfire behind it. :p

By the way, if you guys ever see a lever with loads of unrated (computer generated) messages around it saying don't do it, don't pull the lever. I have the propensity to disobey these sorts of things and paid the price.

Sign in to follow this