NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Dark Souls II

that puzzles the hell out of me too hopefully will see some sort of dark souls 2 "complete pack" or something in the future

i sold my 360 late last year.....the only reason i part wanted to keep it was for this game. ill be gutted if doesnt make the jump one day

Because it's been in development for the previous generation for a long time, as in, longer than the PS4/Xbone dev kits have been available. Same with a lot of titles.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/video/2014/feb/25/peter-serafinowicz-dark-souls-ii-game-video?CMP=twt_gu

Funny interview about Peter Serafinowicz's role on the game. ( @ReZourceman aka the most tagged man on the forum aka the man who seems to only deal in love/hate relationships with people and toys)

I wasn't really too excited about this before but I think enough time has passed since the original. Plus, I should be able to snag a free copy if I review it for my university newspaper. BARE TIME INVESTMENT THO.

March is going to be freaking epic for me in terms of gaming.

Dark Souls II March 14th

Final Fantasy X and X-2 (Vita) 21st March

Getting a PS4 with Infamous 3 on 21st March (21st March, what a day)

Dark Souls II and FFX/X-2 particularly, can't wait.

I've pre-ordered this today. Anyone read any solid hands-on feedback? Just want to make sure they haven't mucked it up....

I just read some of this (poorly written, granted) :

http://joystuck.co.uk/features/4796-first-impressions-dark-souls-ii

Firstly, the combat mechanics aren’t as precise. They feel like they work in broader strokes. The time windows for parries are wider now, making them easier to pull off. Backstabs (or critical hits as they are called) don’t require a perfect positioning as they did in the last one. However, in these attacks and their animations, there are little to no ‘invulnerability frames’ as they are called by series veterans which could throw them off even more. Various other minor changes such as this, combined with a very in-depth tutorial in the game, which you can literally run past if you should choose to do so, work together to make the game more accessible.

Not sure whether I'm glad about that or not. I hardly ever parried in the previous two Souls games because it was so difficult to time correctly, and you could never be certain which attacks could be parried. At the same time, that also made successful parries really satisfying.

I think that's good. The amount of times I was clearly behind an enemy yet the backstab animation didn't trigger...

But oh God. Getting it with the meat cleaver in Demon's Souls was pure release.

Yeah the backstab has always been buggy.

By the sounds of it it seems the game will have a hybrid structure - partly Demon's Souls in that you can return to a world whenever you want and try to chip away at it (you can warp to any bonfire in DS2 from the start, similar to the portal entries in Demon's), but it also keeps the overworld of Dark Souls so you have that greater sense of exploration. Part of Dark Souls' charm was that you could only take shortcuts to other bonfires/areas through physical means, which meant you had to remember the layout of the world for efficient exploration. However, missing a shortcut (like a switch, or a lift) was easily done and a right pain in the arse, and I remember the relief of gaining the means to warp.

I hope crystal lizards are in. Finding them things was a little bundle or joy.

Also can't wait to invade with reckless abandon again. Legalised trolling.

Fuck. I have two exams at the end of March and I just realized that Dark Souls 2 is coming out next Friday.

Needless to say...I have just pre-ordered it, so yeah.

Fuck+this+shit.+Just+kidding+I+need+to+pass+fuck_f583cb_4924978.jpg

Or rather:

its-friday-fuck-this-shit-mondays.jpg

Really looking forward to this. The ability to be invaded even in soul form now should mean one of the best things about the game happens more frequently.

For me that'll be Persona 5. Unless something else really awesome comes along/it gets released on PS4 or Vita.

So I decided to order this. Still not sure if it'll be my cup of tea (not played any of the Souls games before) but it looks pretty cool and there's nowt to play on Wii U at the moment, so gonna give it a go. :)

All I really know about the game is that it's supposedly very difficult and you die a lot, which reminds me of Monster Hunter :D and I ended up loving that franchise so hopefully will enjoy Dark Souls as well.

Oh I wouldn't worry. It only takes a few minutes to master the essential skills, and bosses are fairly forgiving in that they're never able to kill you in a couple of hits. The systems/mechanics are made 100% transparent from the get-go too, and the games never punish you for small, sloppy errors. You'll be fine.

Pennywise

Edited by dwarf

I really can't afford to spend money on this as my car needs fixing which is a nice chunk of change, but I have just realised the wife is away all weekend leaving me home alone...

From reading around it seems this is a lot harder than DS1, but its hard to tell if its just because it is new and players dont know the world/enemies as well. For as hard as DS1 was the first time around,it was quite easy to complete numerous times and make you feel like a king for rolling through such a tough game.

Order processing. [edit: dispatched]

The hype train has left the station.

Edited by Shorty

Order processing. [edit: dispatched]

Same here.

The parcel service may not deliver it tomorrow. Maybe it will.

Mine got dispatched earlier by ShopTo. No photo though, which is a bit annoying, since I don't know if it'll fit through the post box. It was roughly the same price for the black armour edition so I went for that.

Unusual size boxes don't tend to go through the photo machine.

I went for the don't get any special armour you don't deserve version :p

Looking at it, it should fit actually. It's just the game in a tin case with the OST disc and an iPhone 5 case.

I wish it came with some armour. :p

Edited by Sheikah

Hmm, so it turns out I have already paid my car insurance this month without noticing. With a £50 payment for recycling an old mobile, looks like a weekend of Dark Souls :D

Sign in to follow this