NEurope
CoolFunkMan

MGS V: Ground Zeroes

Yeah, I thought Paz getting to her feet was a bit much after what she just went through. Then again, it's Metal Gear, so it was probably nanomachines.
:D

I don't care for him to be honest. For one, I just keep thinking of 24/Jack Bauer every time he speaks. Another thing is that i've been playing MGS since the original PSOne game and for me Hayter is Snake. It's like when a different actor takes over the role of another in a movie. It just doesn't sit right with me. It wouldn't have been as bad if Big Boss had been voiced by someone different from the start but switching them now just seems wrong.

See I couldn't get into 24 at all and am kind of glad if it means I enjoy MGS more as a result.

Its short but sweet. MGS has never looked and played so good.

I really liked Kiefer in the role. Glad Kojima went with him. Hayter was poor in the last couple of MGS games so I'm glad to see him gone.

The Deja Vu mission is great, full of easter eggs. Make sure to do all the scenes.

Just finished this. It really is pretty brilliant. I hate stealth games usually because I find the limitations of stealth are always pretty artificial - which makes the whole thing frustrating - but I loved this. I was cautious, made a plan as I went, if something went wrong I could adjust my plan on the fly. The whole thing was so organic. Really brilliant.

I think it's definitely worth the £23 (although I think £18 would have been the optimal price).

Also, it looked stunning.

Does anyone else have issues with invert not working? It basically cant seem to decide.

This game is £5.79 in the Easter Sale. Should I go for it bearing in mind:

1. I've never played an MGS before.

2. It's been out a while...could be a contender for Plus pretty soon?

What do you think?

What do you think?

I don't think you should bother. A big part of the MGS franchise is the story and jumping in at this point you would have no clue as to what was going on or what all the references are about.

What do you think?

It's a glorified demo honestly. Wait for the full MGS V. And if it ever happens, yes you should play previous installments first.

@Fierce_LiNk You definitely shouldn't play all the previous installments first, because the story is legitimately the ramblings of a paranoid schizophrenic with a fetish for poopoo jokes (which is part of the appeal sometimes) - but you should play MGS3 if you get the chance because that is legitimately still a good game, and playable in a way that the first two just aren't. Ground Zeroes is a lot of fun if you can find it cheap, just as a sandbox that allows you to fuck around with different ways to play. It's made to be replayed.

I think Im gonna replay the main mission for this during August, make sure I've got a feel for the controls and story again before Phantom Pain in September.

So I started playing this again yesterday in a bid to improve my "skills" in time for The Phantom Pain. :hehe:

Still got a lot of work to do... :heh:

Whenever I play any Metal Gear game I seem to turn into Dara ÓBriain: :laughing:

Going to give this my first playthrough this week, held off for as long as i could.

My stealth skills in full swing

METAL%20GEAR%20SOLID%20V_%20GROUND%20ZEROES_20150809192856_zpsl5zngkfv.jpg

METAL%20GEAR%20SOLID%20V_%20GROUND%20ZEROES_20150809165817_zpswlly90xn.jpg

Edited by Jimbob

I actually got an S Rank the other day! :o Admittedly it was on a completely non-stealth mission, but still happy with that. :hehe: