NEurope
CoolFunkMan

MGS V: Ground Zeroes

Bloody hell, it's pretty barren isn't it? For both consoles... So it's a straight up Titanfall or Infamous... Although I'll 'probably' get a PS4, the Xbox has a better lineup so far for me. I wonder if I'll have the willpower to wait until E3 and see what offerings they both have then... doubt it :)

Bloody hell, it's pretty barren isn't it? For both consoles... So it's a straight up Titanfall or Infamous... Although I'll 'probably' get a PS4, the Xbox has a better lineup so far for me. I wonder if I'll have the willpower to wait until E3 and see what offerings they both have then... doubt it :)

Yep. I used vgreleases as I was literally wondering the same. I personally think the Xbox has the stronger line up now and for the immediate future. Infamous I can play anytime Titanfall I want to there amongst it from day one!

Yep. I used vgreleases as I was literally wondering the same. I personally think the Xbox has the stronger line up now and for the immediate future. Infamous I can play anytime Titanfall I want to there amongst it from day one!

Yeah, and I'm not even massive on infamous (though admittedly haven't played 2 yet which is meant to be a huge leap in quality. But titan fall, although a FPS, still looks to be trying something different. Killer Instinct appeals, Dead Rising 3 a bit, even Ryse to an extent.

But then Resogun looks great (and I already own it) and in the long run I do love Naughty Dog and Quantum Dream's stuff (well, Heavy Rain)... tricky tricky...

Yeah, and I'm not even massive on infamous (though admittedly haven't played 2 yet which is meant to be a huge leap in quality. But titan fall, although a FPS, still looks to be trying something different. Killer Instinct appeals, Dead Rising 3 a bit, even Ryse to an extent.

But then Resogun looks great (and I already own it) and in the long run I do love Naughty Dog and Quantum Dream's stuff (well, Heavy Rain)... tricky tricky...

Yes I was in the same boat...but those games you've cited for PS4 are still a ways off so I can wait! Other than Resogun obviously.

You should get an Xbox One so the XO thread gets more than 10 posts a month.

Also, Quantic Dream aren't a reason to get a PS4. They havent made a great game since Nomad Soul.

Why is this Ground Zeroes priced just $44.99 compared to the regular $59.99 have I missed something about how these two work? I thought they were both fully fledged games? Looking at the achievements list for Ground Zeroes it may seem more like Peace Walker?

Looking at the Wikipedia page this seems to be just a prequel to Phantom Pain. Wonder if it will end being short and worthless...

Edited by flameboy

It's smaller than a full MGS but because the format has changed to an open world game there should still be a fair amount to do. But who knows really. I'll be too busy playing Infamous. :hehe:

Is Ground Zeroes open world, though, or is that just the main chuck they're selling later on?

I get the feeling Ground Zeros will be akin to the Tanker Level of MGS2...obviously a little larger, but i'd guess a few areas and not the full open world that is coming in the main game

One of the worst and laziest special edition consoles I have seen in a while.

main_img.jpg

Details of the version differences have been announced.

oETQdyI.png

Will buy when it's cheap, if the reviews are good, besides... Infamous Second Son is out on the same day so it's no contest. ;)

Wait, is that the final box art? But... but, what about Yoji Shinkawa's artwork, is he not involved with MGS anymore?

I'll definitely be getting this game, whenever I get my PS4. Turns out I may be starting work later than I thought, so I have to wait a bit longer for it. Once I've got one, I may wait until the game drops in price, but I'm not sure I'd be able to wait that long.

Interesting facts about the differences between each version too, it's got people questioning the power of the XBox One again...

Wait, is that the final box art? But... but, what about Yoji Shinkawa's artwork, is he not involved with MGS anymore?

I'll definitely be getting this game, whenever I get my PS4. Turns out I may be starting work later than I thought, so I have to wait a bit longer for it. Once I've got one, I may wait until the game drops in price, but I'm not sure I'd be able to wait that long.

Interesting facts about the differences between each version too, it's got people questioning the power of the XBox One again...

I can't help but wonder if this is the same problem we experienced with PS3/Xbox 360 remember how god awful the likes of Bayonetta was? I wonder if the X1's weird app/kinect structure is holding back things....could be enough despite them both running on PC infrastructure.

I can't help but wonder if this is the same problem we experienced with PS3/Xbox 360 remember how god awful the likes of Bayonetta was? I wonder if the X1's weird app/kinect structure is holding back things....could be enough despite them both running on PC infrastructure.

If the hardware is meant to be quite similar, then I would imagine it's down to a software issue. Reports before the XBox One was even released stated that the OS was an absolute clusterfuck. The fact that Microsoft allegedly made adjustments at the last minute threw a spanner into the works too.

I guess the point is, you could create the most monstrous, powerful machine on the planet, but if you install a poorly coded, poorly optimized operating system on it, then you're still going to get issues.

If the hardware is meant to be quite similar, then I would imagine it's down to a software issue. Reports before the XBox One was even released stated that the OS was an absolute clusterfuck. The fact that Microsoft allegedly made adjustments at the last minute threw a spanner into the works too.

I guess the point is, you could create the most monstrous, powerful machine on the planet, but if you install a poorly coded, poorly optimized operating system on it, then you're still going to get issues.

Yeah that's kind of what I meant when I said the weird app/kinect structure. It's clear something isn't running as it should and that obviously cascades into running games. Like you said it's poorly optimized, hopefully the update coming in march will sort out some stuff as well.

The hardware is similar in the sense that they are setup in the same way but the parts in the PS4 are a good chunk better. They cant close that gap.

£23.86 pre-order price on Shopto, all formats... I wasn't considering picking this up at launch but at that price? Tempting... ;)

At that price it might be worth picking up so I have something to play on my PS4 but I'm not sure I can justify paying for what is essentially an extended demo.

£23.86 pre-order price on Shopto, all formats... I wasn't considering picking this up at launch but at that price? Tempting... ;)

£19.75 at Gameseek. Use code 'celebrate' for free delivery. Both X1 and PS4 versions are that price.

It sounds like they're ripping people off. If I'm to buy this I think I'll wait for the inevitable complete edition that comes with everything that should be on one disc anyway.

Someone on Gaf just posted this remixed song that's in the game. I love the original version but this is also brilliant. I've just had it looping for about half an hour now and I still get goosebumps. Amazing!

I'll put it in spoilers in case others don't want to see/hear it.